Stedman Bailey still looking for the opportunity

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Screenshot_1.jpg

What a great game between the Bucs & Steelers last night! I sit back watching the game & my emotions are pretty much like a roller coaster. I look at the game as if I’m out there. Looking at the formations, Checking pre snap reads, figuring out who may Be blitzing on the defensive side, & figuring out what coverage they maybe in, the whole 9.

From a physical standpoint I know I’m beyond ready to be on the field shaking life. Right about now, I’m still grinding & I feel Amazing! I’m just doing what I have to do & what is necessary for my health & my career. I recall thinking that I had to have been chosen for something bigger than me. At times, I sit and think about how blessed I am, just to be alive. That isn’t the same reality for many other victims of gun violence. All of these thoughts going through my head led me to remember why I was inspired to create my lifestyle and apparel brand, +ENERGEE. My inspiration was and still is If what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger. I can say I know that God isn’t done with me yet. So, I will continue to keep goin’. / Philippians 1:6, Jeremiah 29:11

I have prepared myself mentally, spiritually & physically for my life to change in the blink of an eye. If you understand how the league works, you know that they’re injuries & a long season. Anything can happen and I could get a call anytime between now & November. For that reason alone I must make sure my brain is good to go. This has all been an incredible journey for me & my family. #FYI this isn’t a post for any pity ! This is all a set up for something greater. #ForeverBlessed #ForeverThankful
#PositiveEnergee #KeepGoing #iInfluence #PEACE #KTSE

LINK

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It's a shame... he could have been good in this offense. He never had a QB or coordinator to showcase his ability.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
It's a shame... he could have been good in this offense. He never had a QB or coordinator to showcase his ability.
with the starting receivers we have he wouldn't play much but I definitely want to see him get a chance and succeed. That would be such an amazing and inspiring story.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
with the starting receivers we have he wouldn't play much but I definitely want to see him get a chance and succeed. That would be such an amazing and inspiring story.

I dunno, I think his skill set is similar to Woods. Plus, also similar to Woods in that Woods did not do much with sub par QB play in Buffalo just as Bailey was hamstring in STL.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I dunno, I think his skill set is similar to Woods. Plus, also similar to Woods in that Woods did not do much with sub par QB play in Buffalo just as Bailey was hamstring in STL.
similar to Woods? I guess a much weaker version. Woods creates separation not because of speed but because he's great at his routes. I've watched enough of Bailey to see he had major problems separating from defenders. I wish him the best but here he would probably be our 5th or 6th best receiver

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I would also add that I always looked at the Woods signing as him taking the spot that Bailey would have had he worked out. So if Bailey had done what many expected, and not been injured as he was, he would have gotten that 2nd contract instead of adding Woods.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
similar to Woods? I guess a much weaker version. Woods creates separation not because of speed but because he's great at his routes. I've watched enough of Bailey to see he had major problems separating from defenders. I wish him the best but here he would probably be our 5th or 6th best receiver

Again, just curious what Bailey could have been with better offensive coaching, scheme, and QB play.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Again, just curious what Bailey could have been with better offensive coaching, scheme, and QB play.
Definitely much better then the numbers he had here. His hands are money, in this system he would produce, don't get me wrong. just what we got now at WR he would have a tough time getting any playing time

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
He had great hands, and for a guy on the small(er) side, blocked well, and was tough to jam at the los.
Hope he gets a shot somewhere.
Way way better receiver than Austin, (as everyone here already knows).

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Don’t you always want to pull for a guy like this?

No matter what happens, he was a major part of IMO the best trick play in NFL history.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Who was our WR coach with Fisher?? I don't even remember. But he was the worst, think he was in Seattle before us.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I always liked him - but let's be honest here - after being nothing special while in the league (thanks, Fisher) and then being out of the league for years with a devastating injury, it's unlikely he is more than a JAG. Add in that while he doctor shopped until he found someone who would approve him, the doctors that examined him before said that his brain injuries were the equivalent of massive concussions in a league trying to reduce CTE, well, it's unlikely any team wants to take a chance. Yes, it is his business to take risks - but the teams and the league also have a stake in it, and he's just not good enough to justify taking a risk of yet another predictable CTE case.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My mind is biased against Fisher era WR's. I know that coaching most likely ruined them, but it's hard to know if it was just coaching (or the lack of it), or if the players were flawed. Our only Fisher 1000 yard WR wasn't even an option to McVay, and later bombed out of Cleveland (Britt). The guy we cheered for was Spruuuuuce, and was our great hope back then and now what is he? God, we were pathetic...lol

Brian Quick, our 2nd round bust from a small school. I remember the secret visit to Quick's school for a workout, that we heard of after the draft (I believe). I forgot which QB went to throw to him, but they all were excited like school girls about him. What a waste of time and effort to get that guy to work out.

The pair from West Virginia, Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey. We know what happened with Austin as the guy with talent, but could never make him work at anything but as a gadget guy. Bailey was steady, and was probably the best WR we had, but he was just solid. He'd be a 4th WR at best on this squad that we have now. I certainly wouldn't replace Cooks, Woods, or Kupp for him.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
I think a good team for him would be Cleveland. I say that because a they don't have Josh Gordon anymore and be they probably need a little more receiver help outside of Landry and Callaway. It could be the greatest story ever told if Cleveland makes the playoffs

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Unfortunately, even though he could be medically cleared, NO team is going to run the risk of Sted getting a bad concussion for fear it could be fatal. That’s just the reality of the situation. He was shot in the head. There’s no mitigation of risk involved with that for an NFL team.

IMO of course.