Stat of the Week: Week 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
This one comes from the folks at ProFootballReference.

Pressure %, defined as hurries/QB hits/sacks allowed, as a percentage of pass attempts.

2020: 20.0%
2021: 6.8%

Of course, 2021 is a small sample size, but this is a trend that bodes well for the Rams.

Is it because of better OL play, better QB play, or a more credible deep threat keeping defenders out of the box? Answer: yes.

Another reason I chose this as the Stat of the Week is that there is only one team in the NFL that is allowing a lower pressure rate than the Rams: Tampa Bay Bucs at 6.7%.

QB pressure will be a huge factor in next week's showdown against the defending champs.

Tano

Legend
I wonder what (or who) caused the majority of pressures last year

jjab360

Legend
It's just 2 games but that is pretty encouraging. Rams stayed the course with their young talent when almost everyone in NFL media and fandom thought they should have drafted someone or signed a big name on the OL.

One of those "I know what I'm doing here" moments for the coaching staff that will never get recognition.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This one comes from the folks at ProFootballReference.

Pressure %, defined as hurries/QB hits/sacks allowed, as a percentage of pass attempts.

2020: 20.0%
2021: 6.8%

Of course, 2021 is a small sample size, but this is a trend that bodes well for the Rams.

Is it because of better OL play, better QB play, or a more credible deep threat keeping defenders out of the box? Answer: yes.

Another reason I chose this as the Stat of the Week is that there is only one team in the NFL that is allowing a lower pressure rate than the Rams: Tampa Bay Bucs at 6.7%.

QB pressure will be a huge factor in next week's showdown against the defending champs.
Week one the Bucs played the Cowgirls and in week two they played the Falcons.

How does the pass rush of those two teams compare to the Bears and Colts? Just a guess but I think the Rams faced the tougher group of pass rushers.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We now have a QB who can make a decision with confidence almost immediately.

The only reason Brady is faster at it is because he has the defensive play calls either radioed into his mic or he remembers them from the illegal videos taken by the cheaters.