Starting Where we Left off

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I realized in a sick fashion while looking up Rev Ike's career, that the 1994 Los Angeles Rams finished in LA with a 4-12 record, and their first year back they were 4-12. Hopefully in the next 4 years we'll win a Super Bowl, like in St Louie!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In 1992 when the Rams were looking for a new Head Coach, John Shaw wanted to hire San Francisco's Offensive Coordinator Mike Holmgren, but Owner George Frontiere wanted one man and one man only, Chuck Knox.

Georgia said that her husband loved Knox and he did so much for the Rams she wanted to bring him back and my feeling was at the time, well, at least he'll get the Rams back to respectability. Georgia also gave Knox total autonomy as he was named President of Football Operations too.

First issue Knox had as his long time associate Tom Catlin, who was Knox's LB in Los Angeles and his Defensive Coordinator in Buffalo & Seattle decided he had moved enough and stayed in Seattle. That led to George Dyer becoming Defensive Coordinator and the staff was in trouble form there.

Ernie Zampese only lasted one year under the conservative Knox and then went to Dallas leaving Chick Harris as Offensive Coordinator and the team went down hill from there. Some people love to pontificate that the Rams lost games on purpose and Georgia purposely did not put money into the team the last couple of years, which is untrue as they signed multiple free agents like DT Jimmie Jones of Dallas & MLB Shane Conlan of Buffalo to post a few.

In the end, they did not win and the 1994 highlight film was "Meet Me In St. Louis." so as I digress, let's hope the team turns the corner this year as one would hope the Rams have a young up and coming Head Coach who can turn this thing around.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm still trying to forget those years den, especially that 17 game stretch of losing to the 48er's.

If the Rams can accomplish anything this coming year, please let it be winning both games against the 48er's.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm still trying to forget those years den, especially that 17 game stretch of losing to the 48er's.

Sometimes having a great memory is a blessing and sometimes it's a curse...I always say to my wife before she tries to recount the past, don't forget about my memory, so yes honey, we had a pool guy, but no swimming pool...BTW the Pool guy being for her, not me, not that there is anything wrong with that.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

If the Rams can accomplish anything this coming year, please let it be winning both games against the 48er's.
I'm greedy! IF I have to pick one thing for them to accomplish it would be, I want them to SWEEP the Division!!(y)(y):D

bnw

Pro Bowler
I realized in a sick fashion while looking up Rev Ike's career, that the 1994 Los Angeles Rams finished in LA with a 4-12 record, and their first year back they were 4-12. Hopefully in the next 4 years we'll win a Super Bowl, like in St Louie!

That would be creepy but fun. Although I don't see a Faulk or Warner or Martz and the Rams scoreboard doesn't allow for more than 9 points for the home team.:fuelfire:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

Clean version for you old timers....hey, I'm 50, am I an ole timer yet???o_O

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sometimes having a great memory is a blessing and sometimes it's a curse...I always say to my wife before she tries to recount the past, don't forget about my memory, so yes honey, we had a pool guy, but no swimming pool...BTW the Pool guy being for her, not me, not that there is anything wrong with that.

Seems like you need a hot house cleaner.

Being a USC as well in The 90's were killer. They lost like 10 games to Notre Dame & UCLA.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Clean version for you old timers....hey, I'm 50, am I an ole timer yet???o_O

Your not an ' Ole Timer' yet! I retired 8 years ago, and I didn't feel Old until I joined ROD and had to try and keep-up with all you Young Whipper-Snapper's!:mrburnsevil:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In 1992 when the Rams were looking for a new Head Coach, John Shaw wanted to hire San Francisco's Offensive Coordinator Mike Holmgren, but Owner George Frontiere wanted one man and one man only, Chuck Knox.

Those were some dark days man. Not only enduring Georgia making ridiculous impact on football decisions, but also having to endure the 9ers being such a quality organization from top to bottom. Their owner was crooked, but he was competitive and did everything he could for advantage. In retrospect we just never had a chance in those days and all I can say is thank F that Shaw lucked into the Vermiel hire to give those of us reeling from the team's move at least a brief feel for what it's like to be on top.

I know many will disagree with me here, but I am so thankful that we have Stan in place now. And while his first hire wasn't the greatest, I think he got it right this time around with McVay.