Starting Job Not Guaranteed If Bradford Returns

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont necassarily agree. If the expectation is "Franchise QB" then the expection is too high. There's only been a small few of them drafted in the last 10 years. Cant keep hoping for Aaron Rodgers may have to settle for Andy Dalton. Just need a guy who wont kill you and can play 16 games

That assumes there's an Andy Dalton in this class. Dalton, as a prospect, would be a QB worth drafting. There isn't one, though.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That assumes there's an Andy Dalton in this class. Dalton, as a prospect, would be a QB worth drafting. There isn't one, though.
I don't recall Andy dalton being any more solid of a prospect than Petty.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Eff it, let Hekker start at QB. Draft a solid kicker to replace him in a late round.

After watching Hill and Davis this season, I'll gladly welcome back Sam "Charlie Brown" Bradford back into the mix. But after a stiff breeze rolls through the practice field and his knees explode, what the hell are we gonna do? Trot out another journeyman QB?

We need a prospect/project waiting in the wings to come in and HOPEFULLY pull a Brady or Rodgers after a season or two of sitting and learning.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Eff it, let Hekker start at QB. Draft a solid kicker to replace him in a late round.
How dare you underestimate Lord Hekker?!

He can certainly still continue to punt while quarterbacking. While we're at it, he is also our new outside linebacker, offensive coordinator and director of public relations!

All hail Lord Hekker!!!!

jap

Legend
How dare you underestimate Lord Hekker?!

He can certainly still continue to punt while quarterbacking. While we're at it, he is also our new outside linebacker, offensive coordinator and director of public relations!

All hail Lord Hekker!!!!

Slinging Sammy Baugh was the top signal caller in his day. He also tripled as a premier punter and star defensive back.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I liked Dalton more than I like Petty.
I dont know why. Dalton threw short passes with lots of Yac. Very accurate, no doubt. Petty on the other hand throws the ball downfield a lot more than other spread QB IMO. Now I liked Dalton, but I like Petty too. If he's there in the 2nd round I think he'd be perfect

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont know why. Dalton threw short passes with lots of Yac. Very accurate, no doubt. Petty on the other hand throws the ball downfield a lot more than other spread QB IMO. Now I liked Dalton, but I like Petty too. If he's there in the 2nd round I think he'd be perfect

Because Petty isn't accurate. He doesn't handle pressure well. And he plays in an offense that does not prepare him well for the NFL.

Dalton had his physical limitations but he had a quick release, accuracy in the short to intermediate range, and seemed to process things quickly and make sound decisions.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because Petty isn't accurate. He doesn't handle pressure well. And he plays in an offense that does not prepare him well for the NFL.

Dalton had his physical limitations but he had a quick release, accuracy in the short to intermediate range, and seemed to process things quickly and make sound decisions.
Well I think the perception of his being inaccurate is due to him throwing downfield often and not hitting 5 yard hitches that end up with lots of yac. But we'll see

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well I think the perception of his being inaccurate is due to him throwing downfield often and not hitting 5 yard hitches that end up with lots of yac. But we'll see

Disagree. He's fairly accurate on the deep throws. Throws a really nice 9 route. Drops it in the bucket.

But Baylor also runs quite a few hitch routes and screens.

He's just not consistent. He reminds me a lot of Jake Locker. He's a rhythm thrower.

But the biggest issue is that he doesn't handle pressure well and struggles when blitzed. Baylor tries to cover that up by giving him a lot of quick hitters and one read throws. But when teams get into his face, he makes bad decisions and his mechanics go to shit.

I could possibly see him developing into a guy like Matt Stafford but he has a long ways to go and that Baylor offense doesn't exactly prepare you well for the NFL.

I really question, though, if he has the composure to be an effective NFL QB. Just don't know if he can handle the muddled pocket that you get in the NFL. The issue is that he has the same sort of reaction as Austin Davis when he starts to get pressured and rattled...he just throws it up deep if he doesn't have his initial read.

Strong arm, NFL body, and good athleticism...but I'm just not seeing it. Not that I think the kid is a bum, I just don't see a quality NFL starter.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW