Starters are staying home

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
We are by far the most traveled team this season. On top of being one of only two teams who played all the way to the super bowl last year.

I like it. Let the guys get some more rest. Hang with their families a bit.

Also give the remaining 65 to 75 guys an opportunity to stand out with out the big names on the sideline.

I wonder about Donald and Peters. I can see both of them refusing to stay home.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not much point in making the trip if they're not going to play, I suppose
Imagine being a fan in Hawaii. You weren't going to see them play to begin with, and now you aren't going to see them at all. It makes an already pointless game a joke and a hassle.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
What they should do is just have two games for the back ups to show themselves and then have two team joint practice sessions like the Rams did this year.

The league could even broadcast those practices on local stations just as they do now with games and hold the practices in their stadiums.

Ram65

Legend
Imagine being a fan in Hawaii. You weren't going to see them play to begin with, and now you aren't going to see them at all. It makes an already pointless game a joke and a hassle.

I wonder how the players and coaches feel about travel to Hawaii. They may think it's a hassle or may like it. I'm not sure. These practice games are good for young players. This game will be part of the decision making on the final roster and practice squad. I'm looking forward to watching the game.

RocknRam29

Live, Love, Laugh, & Learn

I have friends from there that are going to the game. Several of them are flying in from the outer islands. Huge Ram fans. They have never been to a regular season game can only wish they can afford to go to one. They understand that most of the starters won't be playing, being that it is a preseason game. Being able to see the starters in person on the sidelines would've probably made it at least a bit more worthwhile for them.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
So I guess that means no joint practices with the cowgirls.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I wonder how the players and coaches feel about travel to Hawaii. They may think it's a hassle or may like it. I'm not sure. These practice games are good for young players. This game will be part of the decision making on the final roster and practice squad. I'm looking forward to watching the game.
I get it, and I'm looking forward to watching it too. I guess 'pointless" is incorrect. But you're throwing unnecessary travel on top of an already travel filled schedule, it's technically a Rams home game. They could've just played at home an it would've been much less of a hassel. I'm sure that the fringe players will enjoy the free trip. Again from the fan point of view is probably a let down, it's like going to a game during a lockout.

Psycho_X

Legend
Just emphasizes what a stupid idea it was to go to Hawaii for a preseason game. Just a waste of time and energy. Plus, the damn game doesn't start until 9 pm lol.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

The fan still willingly paid for the tickets to get in. Don't like it, then save your money and do something else.

I'll don't get when people buy something, knowing full well what they are getting, and still making a snafu about it. Especially when it's season ticket holders that are a.) fortunate enough to afford it and b.) able to get off the waiting lists for the opportunity to buy them.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was 85 degrees and humid today (by LA standards) in Honolulu today. I'm not sure it's a huge treat for the players to go there, especially factoring in a long flight to get there, and a couple of days later another long flight. It's not like it's a huge expense given NFL salaries to go to Hawaii in February or March if they choose to.

The Pro Bowl in January with trips for spouses and kids was a treat. A working trip in August is much less of one.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Good then I'm not missing anything really, will be visiting there a week after the game. Just got timed that way for a reunion. Friends were asking if I was going to the game, since I grew up there. Nope, I told them. I did make a couple of game shirts for some other friends that are sitting at the 50 yard line 4th row. I suggested that they wear palm leaf hats and wave to the cameras. They texted me the pic with their hats Lol. Will be watching for them on TV.

Ram65

Legend
It was 85 degrees and humid today (by LA standards) in Honolulu today. I'm not sure it's a huge treat for the players to go there, especially factoring in a long flight to get there, and a couple of days later another long flight. It's not like it's a huge expense given NFL salaries to go to Hawaii in February or March if they choose to.

The Pro Bowl in January with trips for spouses and kids was a treat. A working trip in August is much less of one.

What will the weather be like in Charolette NC opening day? It could be hotter and just as humid with travel time. Practice playing in that type of weather for everyone except the veterans starters. That includes the equipment guys and trainers being ready. Rams playing it smart with keeping many starters home. It is a strange trip for preseason but, Rams can get some positives out of the experience

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Have we heard yet who exactly they are keeping home? Because McVay say that Aaron will be making the trip and he will be playing. So I was wondering if there’s a list a video I missed just something to tell us who’s playing and who’s not.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Have we heard yet who exactly they are keeping home? Because McVay say that Aaron will be making the trip and he will be playing. So I was wondering if there’s a list a video I missed just something to tell us who’s playing and who’s not.
I thought it was that he was going but not playing.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
The tweet in the OP states that Donald and Peters will not be playing.

I couldn't find a list, and the only info that I could find says "most of the starters" so my assumption is that aside from Donald and Peters the starters that sat out last week didn't go.

Last edited: