Start of the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, of course I am extremely excited to be in the Super Bowl. I am wondering what your thoughts are on what the Rams should do if they win the coin toss? I was way off when McVay elected to defer and let N.O have the ball first. I was thinking we would be rolling our bowling ball down the middle and establish that run game and keep Brees on the bench. I worry about our commitment to the run if we fall behind. There was a time in the 2nd quarter when CJ was getting close to 5 yards a crack. What say you, Let Brady go first, or sit him and try to eat clock?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Defer. Run and cram the ball down their 4-2-5 throats.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Defer, having the ball to start the 2nd half is big to me especially if we are behind or even in a tight game. The only hesitation for me is the amount of points we give up on opening drives

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I feel like this team should always take the ball 1st. They seem to be sooooo much better when they start out hot and score right away, and when they have a lead. getting the ball to start 2nd half definitely helps if they start slow like vs the saints, but id take my chances and try and get it going early with this team

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defer. I don't want the Patsies to have the chance to score before and after half.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Defer, having the ball to start the 2nd half is big to me especially if we are behind or even in a tight game. The only hesitation for me is the amount of points we give up on opening drives
But lately, we have been behind because we deferred first? We started in the hole in the last few games, for whatever reason...

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
If you defer and force a punt, that's a huge win. But it seems like we've been giving up points early.

Plus we got the ball first in the 2nd half against the Saints and punted.

Psycho_X

Legend
Defer, our offense seems to start off slow for a while now and come alive in the second quarter. It would be nice though if we could just come out and control this game from the beginning. As much as I love this teams perseverance it's not good on my blood pressure.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think someone posted that the Pats score only 3 points in the first quarter in the playoffs. Let them have the ball first as they don't get warmed up until the 2nd half.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Defer and go for points at the end of 1st half and then double dip with more points to start the 2nd half.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Defer.

I think most teams would with all the pregame hype.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Defer. Stop the Pats on their first drive, then get the ball. I'd rather we get the ball first in the Second half.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I agree with the crowd saying defer. In the beginning of the game they’ve game planned but haven’t seen how the matchups will work out. By the end of the first half and the start of the second the coaches have an idea of how player match ups and what schemes are working. We saw this in the Saints game where the Rams scored at the end of half and and gave themselves a chance in the second half. We have also seen that the Rams do a great job of adjusting their game plan and having that extra possession in the second half could make all the difference.