Stan Kroenke now Forbes' Second-wealthiest NFL Owner/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamBill

Legend
Stan Kroenke now Forbes' second-wealthiest NFL owner
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-ra...roenke-now-forbes-second-wealthiest-nfl-owner

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Earlier this week, Forbes magazine released its ranking of the 400 wealthiest Americans with estimated values for each person. As you'd suspect, any list of the richest Americans is sure to include members of one of the most exclusive clubs around: NFL owners.

Once again, St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke landed on the list and fared quite well. Kroenke is at No. 63 overall and sits second among NFL owners with a net worth of $7.6 billion.

In fact, Kroenke moved up the ranking from 2014, when he was No. 89 overall and third among NFL owners with a net worth of $5.7 billion. Yes, Kroenke boosted his net worth almost $2 billion in the course of the past year. Adding to the Kroenke family worth is his wife, Ann Walton Kroenke, who checks in at a net worth of $4.5 billion, good for No. 121 on the list.

Seahawks owner Paul Allen is first among NFL owners on the list and isn't likely to be caught anytime soon, with a net worth of $17.8 billion that puts him at No. 26 overall. Miami's Stephen Ross is third on the list of NFL owners and No. 71 overall at $6.7 billion.

Of course, with Kroenke aiming to move his team to a palatial new stadium near Los Angeles, the expectation is that his ranking and net worth would increase dramatically with a move. But even without that, it's clear he doesn't plan to slow down or move anywhere but up on this list going forward as his assets continue to appreciate.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Wednesday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... The Ram-blings started the day with a look at the penalty problem in the NFL and where the Rams rank. ... The Rams took exception to Seattle claiming the tricky punt return they ran against them last year as their own. ... Under the radar, the NFL's first injury timeout was called from the press box last week. ... Rams linebacker Alec Ogletree is off to a fast start. ... We finished the day with an update on the Rams' injury report.

Elsewhere:

ESPN draft analyst Todd McShay offered up his latest big board.

At 101sports.com, Bernie Miklasz and Randy Karraker discuss the Rams' identity crisis.

William Hayes is the team's funniest player but also an asset to the community.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas writes that the Rams parted ways with running back Isaiah Pead.

Thomas also participated in his weekly chat.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

I agree completely...I dislike the move thing, even though I don't have a horse in that race...I'm from SoCal originally, but aside from a very few family members and a good friend, I have no ties there at that point..I just feel bad for the good fans of St. Louis...Except for the move crap, (which is a big item I know) what could anybody find to dislike about Kroenke ???

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

Of course, to many of us if they leave all that is beyond irrelevant. What do I care if he puts football people in charge of football decisions if I will never be able to attend a game again without a week of vacation and weeks worth of salary?

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Too bad his decisions in Arsenal have been shite and it looks like there's a fallout happening in St. Louis as well. We can be grateful all we want for his willingness to spend for the Rams but ultimately, his mindset is competitive mediocrity. He'll be satisfied enough with just winning to earn a playoff berth as long as his return on investment is positive. If you look at the Colorado Avalanche and Denver Nuggets, those teams are stuck in mediocre purgatory. It'll be up to the coaches to push beyond that but I'm starting to have my doubts on Fisher. Must be really all that bad karma for supporting Walmart.

FRO

Legend
None of the team's he owns are great. He is a horrible owner. Wish he would sell the team.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
This thread will go in one of two directions, or a combination of the two:

a) bashing the owner of the Rams(deserved or not)
b) arguing about possible relocation

Neither of these is acceptable here at ROD. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.