Stafford will be a difference maker – L.A. Rams offensive film study with Kurt Warner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Towards the end, McVay lost trust in Goff. That affected his play calling. Stafford is a gunslinger. He won't dial it back after an INT. I feel like when Goff threw a pick he would start being more conservative.

I remember a comment Warner said Martz told him after an INT. Martz said something like "Don't worry about it. That's football. Just go out there and keep attacking". I gotta think McVay will trust Stafford more to keep attacking.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I’m excited to see what Stafford brings in this system but just to play devils advocate, Stafford will probably have more guys open than he ever has so maybe he doesn’t need to throw into tiny windows or with some crazy launch angle, can he take what McVay provides him? He’s spent his whole career trying to rescue the lions, can he put his superman cape away and become more Tom Brady?

jap

Legend
Special K is just letting the rest of the NFL know what's up. Who knows? Sean & Matt may possibly outdo the GSOT.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Towards the end, McVay lost trust in Goff. That affected his play calling. Stafford is a gunslinger. He won't dial it back after an INT. I feel like when Goff threw a pick he would start being more conservative.

I remember a comment Warner said Martz told him after an INT. Martz said something like "Don't worry about it. That's football. Just go out there and keep attacking". I gotta think McVay will trust Stafford more to keep attacking.
I remember McVay repeatedly taking about Goff's short memory for mistakes and unflappability as strengths. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I do remember the opposite always bring a taking point for Goff's strengths.

MauiRam

Rookie
If McVay no longer feels the need to be yacking into the quarterbacks ear immediately prior to the snap, that will definitely improve our offense. Stafford can read defenses and once he gets McVay's system down I look for him to really shine. Opposing defenses knew Goff would get rattled under pressure and they were right. Conversely, Stafford could feast on blitzers and make teams pay. With the infusion of new talent on our O, blitzing Matt may prove to be dangerous ... Our O-line should be better this year, (addition through subtraction). We look to be a tough out ..