Stafford mic’d up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

View: https://youtu.be/c6uJQomBNcc

He’s just got a great presence about him on the field. Very even keeled. Never too high, never too low. Just really good stuff.

He drops the f bomb almost as much as I do. Now he just needs to mix in some other curse words to fill out his repertoire.

Also, was going for 2 his idea? That's the way it seemed to me from the clip, but maybe not.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah it seemed like the FG team was running on to the field and he was like “no! No! 2! 2!”.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He's fantastic. Lucky 13.

200.gif

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
The heart lies, the head plays tricks, but the eyes see true.

Take some time and compare all the stills of Goff and Stafford.

Then watch some live clips.
Stafford just “looks” like a classic QB. And throws like one. You know, like tight, flat spirals.

Goff just…doesn’t.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think he was telling the Refs.
That’s what I thought at first but the only thing he would be telling the ref was where he wanted the ball placed. And when he was shouting “No! 2!”, I think that was towards the sideline, and then his “yeah center” comment was to the ref about where he wanted the ball spotted. Who knows, I could be wrong.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
That’s what I thought at first but the only thing he would be telling the ref was where he wanted the ball placed. And when he was shouting “No! 2!”, I think that was towards the sideline, and then his “yeah center” comment was to the ref about where he wanted the ball spotted. Who knows, I could be wrong.

They were moving the ball back as if it were a kick.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I usually don't enjoy the Mic'D Up segments.

After 50 or 60 'Let's Goooooo!', I want to injure myself.

This one I liked. His demeanor and simple direct comments were entertaining and a little telling ...

Liked him interacting (with humor and honesty) about 'feeling 50'.
That exchange was with a rookie DL who Stafford never played with.

Asking young veterans (Swift and linebacker Reeves-Maybin) to keep in touch ... 'Holler at me'

He seemed to call the Ramsey interception as it was happening.

I also like the Stafford-McVay exchange right after the Jefferson TD.
I thought Stafford forced a couple attempts to Jefferson prior to that score. On the sideline, after the touchdown pass, Stafford said 'if it's man coverage, I am going to throw a touchdown to Van Jefferson'.
McVay said 'I love the attempts to him (Jefferson) too'.

I like Jefferson but prefer Kupp and Woods. However, I expect one of the top-two to miss some time, at some point, and Jefferson would need to step-up. Also think ... long term ... the Rams could move-on from Woods after 2023; and that would be Jefferson's 4th season when an extension would be needed to retain him.

Last edited:

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
@Allen2McVay Swift is a dawg like Stafford. Don't know the convection on Reeves-Maybin.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
“I feel like I’m 50”…

That makes me feel old. He had to grab a number “way out there” like 50… :D