Stafford for MVP?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Article about Lamar in the Athletic as the current leader in the mvp race but they say there’s a dark horses contender that no one’s talking about. Matt Stafford? Dak, Purdy, Mahomes, Allen, they’ve all had clunkers over the last part of the season and it seems like they bounce in and out of the role of favorite, but I guess if you think about it Stafford has been on a tear for the last 6 games. I was surprised when I read his name and I definitely think he’s a long shot. I think he’s as talented as anyone but I think the perception is that he’s a 2nd tier guy.
I heard a guy on the radio giving all the credit for the Rams surge to McVay cuz Stafford is just a guy, of course I spent the next 5 minutes yelling at the radio about the SB run Stafford had but I don’t think they’d give it to Stafford over all the young guns.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Stafford is playing great. He is reading defenses and that takes a lot of homework and dedication. Its possible that Stafford returns to Detroit to face Goff and the Lions. What a game that would be.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If he played the whole season like he's played the last six games, he'd definitely be the MVP of the league. But he did have a rough stretch there and some average games earlier in the season.

Ellard80

Legend
MVP is more about teams record than anything.

Lamar is the front runner at the moment because his team is looking the best.

Lamar isn't playing as well as Stafford in the last 5 games or so.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I heard a guy on the radio giving all the credit for the Rams surge to McVay cuz Stafford is just a guy, of course I spent the next 5 minutes yelling at the radio about the SB run Stafford had but I don’t think they’d give it to Stafford over all the young guns.
You are right. He has zero shot.

sloramfan

Starter
ya, i don't think he has a shot, unless he goes out and rings up 40 on the g-men, and 40 on the 9rs...

even then, jackson probably wins it...

but really, will any of us care if instead, stafford takes us on a deep playoff ride?

anything is possible with matt, and we, the rams fans, know it ;)...

go rams

slo

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If the Rams get in he deserves it.

MachS

Hall of Fame
If the Rams win out, beat the Niners and say Stafford goes 7-1 TD/INT then yea I think he has a shot.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Unless you have a guy on a bad team breaking all kinds of records the MVP usually goes to a guy on a top tier team. Doubt Stafford would get it. But its nice to see him in the conversation. He's playing every bit as as well as 2021. But with the defense they have to have to ball last in order to win a close one.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

jap

Legend
 I give a crap what the so-called 'experts' say. When the game is on the line, I want no one other than Matthew as the field general. This guy is among the NFL's all-time come back leaders even though he played most of his career for a bad team. With a better team for much of his career, he would probably be the NFL's all-time leader eight now. He still may end up as the all-time leader when he hangs up his cleats with the Horns. He is my Comeback Maestro.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is the guy from the playoffs during the title run. And the guy who spent last season in Cancun. Full mastery of McVay's offense in effect. Giving us an edge vs every defense, even the very best defenses. It took the OL rounding into form to bring him fully out, but yes right now he is the best QB in this league, seeing as how the guy who usually owns that title has been out all season.

So they can crown QBs who are not as good as him all they want, and honestly I don't really give a shit if they do. Crown Purdy or Jackson or whoever else you want so the dipshits like Collingsworth can suck them off during his telecasts. I'm gonna crack some cold ones, light up a fat doobis, and enjoy Matthew Fucking Stafford dragging this roster as far as he can before the wheels fall off.

They're gonna fall off. This is a team game no matter what guys like Collingsworth try to make of the QBs. Takes a full roster, not even just the eleven. But it's still gonna be fun as hell watching my QB do his thing. :trophy:

jap

Legend
This is the guy from the playoffs during the title run. And the guy who spent last season in Cancun. Full mastery of McVay's offense in effect. Giving us an edge vs every defense, even the very best defenses. It took the OL rounding into form to bring him fully out, but yes right now he is the best QB in this league, seeing as how the guy who usually owns that title has been out all season.

So they can crown QBs who are not as good as him all they want, and honestly I don't really give a shit if they do. Crown Purdy or Jackson or whoever else you want so the dipshits like Collingsworth can suck them off during his telecasts. I'm gonna crack some cold ones, light up a fat doobis, and enjoy Matthew Fucking Stafford dragging this roster as far as he can before the wheels fall off.

They're gonna fall off. This is a team game no matter what guys like Collingsworth try to make of the QBs. Takes a full roster, not even just the eleven. But it's still gonna be fun as hell watching my QB do his thing. :trophy:
You seriously have to ask: how many QBs - including the elite ones - could have pulled off three straight come from behind victories in the 2021 divisional playoff, the NFC Championship game, and the Super Bowl? I haven't seen a streak of comeback victories like that ever in my entire life, and I have been following the Horns & the NFL since I was less than 10 years old.

With Matthew as the skipper of the U.S.S. Horns, the Rams have a legitimate shot of playoff glory if they get in.