Stacking up true NFC West heavyweights

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/101750/stacking-up-true-nfc-west-heavyweights" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... avyweights</a>
Stacking up true NFC West heavyweights
Baltimore Ravens linebacker Courtney Upshaw is in the news after his coach, John Harbaugh, suggested Upshaw needed to cut weight by improving his diet.
Top Listed Weights in NFC West
Rank Player Team. Weight.
1 Terrell Brown STL 403
2 Lamar Divens SF 340
3 Rok Watkins STL 338
4 Michael Bowie SEA 332
5 Mike Iupati SF 331
6 Wayne Tribue SF 329
6 Joe Barksdale STL 329
8 Paul Fanaika ARI 327
8 Dan Williams ARI 327
10 Adam Snyder SF 325
10 Jesse Williams SEA 325
10 Ty Nsekhe STL 325

"Courtney eats too much and he doesn't eat all the right foods," Harbaugh said.

Colleague Dan Graziano and I had some fun with the subject in the video above.

Separately, I've put together a chart ranking current NFC West players by heaviest listed weights, according to the teams' websites. Listed weights aren't always accurate. Years ago, I recall seeing a 330-pound defensive tackle listed at 285 pounds in the team's media guide (the player's wishes apparently carried considerable weight -- some 45 pounds -- with the public relations staff).

St. Louis Rams undrafted rookie Terrell Brown made headlines recently for topping 400 pounds. He stands 6-foot-10 and was initially listed at 385 pounds, but coach Jeff Fisher said Brown's actual weight is 403 pounds.

Just missing the cut in the chart: Levi Brown (324), Chilo Rachal (323), Anthony Davis (323), Red Bryant (323), Michael Brockers (322) and James Carpenter (321). Fifty-seven others are listed between 300 and 320 pounds.

All of those players are linemen. Seattle Seahawks tight end Darren Fells (281) is the only non-lineman listed at heavier than 268 pounds.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
$20 says Brown is one of the first guys to get cut.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No bet but only because you probably need the money. I think B is going to look at him as a personal challenge.