St. Louis Rams: Rookie Isaiah Pead Looks to Help Rams Win

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

STL-Rams

Starter
Shane Gray | Missouri Sports Magazine

http://missourisportsmag.com/?p=71089

Pead-2-650x392.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Re: St. Louis Rams: Rookie Isaiah Pead Looks to Help Rams Wi

There's a bit of a problem with the commas being placed outside of the quotation marks, but other than that, this is a very good article. Well done, Shane.

:cheese:

STL-Rams

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Memento said:
There's a bit of a problem with the commas being placed outside of the quotation marks, but other than that, this is a very good article. Well done, Shane.

:cheese:

Thanks Memento. I will check into that. So many are doing them in a variety of ways and some say one way, some the other.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Memento

Name
Jemma

STL-Rams said:
Thanks Memento. I will check into that. So many are doing them in a variety of ways and some say one way, some the other.

I'm not sure why people saying it's one way or another. When you look at every writer out there, from best-selling authors to beat writers for a newspaper, they always place the commas inside of the quotation marks. I've seen a lot of dialogue tag issues in the past six years I've been writing (placing full stops inside of spoken sentences and/or capitalizing the first word after a spoken sentence), but I've rarely seen anyone place the commas themselves outside of the sentence.

Still, it's a minor issue, and I didn't see anything else that stood out to me in that fashion. What's more important is that you got the point of the article through to the readers. Grammatical issues can always be corrected, but creativity is a different story altogether.

Anonymous

Memento said:
STL-Rams said:

I'm not sure why people saying it's one way or another. When you look at every writer out there, from best-selling authors to beat writers for a newspaper, they always place the commas inside of the quotation marks. I've seen a lot of dialogue tag issues in the past six years I've been writing (placing full stops inside of spoken sentences and/or capitalizing the first word after a spoken sentence), but I've rarely seen anyone place the commas themselves outside of the sentence.

Still, it's a minor issue, and I didn't see anything else that stood out to me in that fashion. What's more important is that you got the point of the article through to the readers. Grammatical issues can always be corrected, but creativity is a different story altogether.

This is not a "how some people do it" thing cause some people do it wrong.

http://area.northwestcollege.edu/id/koellinr/grammar/quotes.htm

Periods and commas go inside of the quote marks.

That's the case unless you're using parenthetical citations.

This is the best authoritative online source:

http://bcs.bedfordstmartins.com/rules6e ... _marks.pdf

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

i

Wasn't this thread supposed to be about me?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame

WTF.... How about some thoughts on how this guy can help the Rams.

If he can hold on to the ball by mid-season he will be a very integral part in the run game. Anytime he touches the ball has the potential to take it to the house. He has surprising power for his size and is hard to get a clean shot on. His % of carries will grow dramatically as the season progresses.
The passing game is a given for him. They will get him in space and in one of the first two games he will take it a looooog way for a TD.

Memento

Name
Jemma

Yamahopper said:
WTF.... How about some thoughts on how this guy can help the Rams.

If he can hold on to the ball by mid-season he will be a very integral part in the run game. Anytime he touches the ball has the potential to take it to the house. He has surprising power for his size and is hard to get a clean shot on. His % of carries will grow dramatically as the season progresses.
The passing game is a given for him. They will get him in space and in one of the first two games he will take it a looooog way for a TD.

Heh. Just trying to help a fellow writer out. I guess some part of me will always be a grammar freak.

:lmao:

Anyway, I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I'd say that it's a good assessment of his skills.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

Memento said:
Heh. Just trying to help a fellow writer out. I guess some part of me will always be a grammar freak.

:lmao:

Anyway, I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I'd say that it's a good assessment of his skills.

Okay not to hi-jack the thread, but I would like Memento to check out the initial post of this thread. Then let me know what you think about that dude's grammer. :omg:

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57870

Back to Isaiah. IMO he is lightning in a bottle and will definately add a spark in the backfield. We might need to develop a nickname for the duo of Jackson and Pead.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

MontanaRamFan said:
Back to Isaiah. IMO he is lightning in a bottle and will definately add a spark in the backfield. We might need to develop a nickname for the duo of Jackson and Pead.
The chicks seem to dig Pead, and there's this one stalker on Twitter who has a blog dedicated to him (can't seem to locate that now). As such, maybe Beauty and the Beast. Of course that won't catch on for dudes, so I'm willing to pretend I never said that.

If you are.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

X said:
MontanaRamFan said:
The chicks seem to dig Pead, and there's this one stalker on Twitter who has a blog dedicated to him (can't seem to locate that now). As such, maybe Beauty and the Beast. Of course that won't catch on for dudes, so I'm willing to pretend I never said that.

If you are.

How about Smash (Jackson) and Thrash (Pead)? Too WWE!!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Lookin' forward to seeing me some Pead type bursts.

Keep posting these please. I know sometimes it is tough to hear about typos and grammar but you are among friends here and I think we all just want to help. Good stuff Shane. We'll all be able to say. "I knew him when." :sly: