St. Louis Rams' Projected Roster/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A320driver

Rookie
Just a minor point here - They actually only have to keep him on their 53 for 3 weeks.

I do wonder if we will bring in a Safety after cuts are made.

Yeah I stand corrected ...It's for 2 game checks, as in they have to be put on the active 53 for at least 2 weeks and them they can be put back on the new teams P squad if they want to..I remember it was to prevent teams from grabbing P squad guys in order to Rat out an upcoming opponent by getting their play book ;(

PolarBear

Rookie
Only difference between mine and Wagoners is I would have Bond on the 53 man roster and only have 3 TE so he has a spot.

FRO

Legend
I think i would keep 6 CBs over 5 S. Also I think Pead and Reynolds will be in a tough battle for that last spot at RB. Pead really needs to show up on teams, because Reynolds is really strong there. This regime really puts emphasis on teams.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I think i would keep 6 CBs over 5 S. Also I think Pead and Reynolds will be in a tough battle for that last spot at RB. Pead really needs to show up on teams, because Reynolds is really strong there. This regime really puts emphasis on teams.

It's gotta be Pead. What has Reynolds ever shown you on the offensive side of the ball? At least Pead is labeled as the best RB blocker on the team.

FRO

Legend
It's gotta be Pead. What has Reynolds ever shown you on the offensive side of the ball? At least Pead is labeled as the best RB blocker on the team.
Nothing offensively. My point is the 4th RB needs to make the team on special teams.

PolarBear

Rookie
No way this regime gives up on Pead for Reynolds.

FRO

Legend
No way this regime gives up on Pead for Reynolds.
You are probably right, that being said Reynolds is a core special teams guy and your 4th RB will get more play as a special teams than RB. My whole point is Pead needs to really play well in special teams.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sims is indeed safe. He is too vital to the rotation IMO, to be the odd man out. The guy who may be the surprise to make it is Conrath. I can see that becoming an interesting battle between him and Carrington for the last DT spot.

UDFA Conrath has come a long way since his arrival with Fisher to the Rams in 2012.....when he was under 270 pound DE on that over 6-7 frame...Fisher really like those tall DT's. Last year Conrath outplayed & surpassed the veteran Cudjo as the third DT & by 2013 end he was up over 306 pounds most being some solid muscle.
http://www.nfl.com/player/mattconrath/2534836/profile

Fisher has FIVE NFL caliber veteran DE's in Quinn-Long-Hayes-Sims & Carrington all can hold their own & have very good value...then add the fact that first round pick DL Aaron Donald can play DE almost as good as he can play inside.....then all this assuming by all that Micheal Sam is an automatic bona fide master roster maker with so many pro ready healthy signed DE's ....does cause me to pause!

The larger DL Conrath also had some pass rushing ability too! So much talent to figure into the proper mix of things do the Rams need another under undersized DE? or could Fisher need some additional beef in that middle ...I'm thinking beef myself who would fill the Brockers post if he was to go down for a long period of time?Is the undersized Donald a good fit in that Brockers post?

As for the 6-6 270 pound DE Eugene Sims who once played safety for West Texas A&M.....has done what his coach Mike Waufle has asked from him to do. ..Sims has 54 NFL games under his belt and several starts...as a back up the last two yrs he has 27 tacks, 5 sacks, 1 safety & 1 int thats not bad for being the 4th DE on the Rams roster. Hard to think Sims would not be needed here once again...I for one enjoy watching him play.

Last edited:

RamWoodie

Legend
I'm thinking the Rams will not pick up an extra WR, because Cook is a hybrid, and he can hold it down. They'll use that slot maybe for secondary help.

When it comes to Pead...he'll stay because he can play RB and he's a primary STs gunner. He'll be here...don't undervalue STs needs!

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
UDFA Conrath has come a long way since his arrival with Fisher to the Rams in 2012.....when he was under 270 pound DE on that over 6-7 frame...Fisher really like those tall DT's. Last year Conrath outplayed & surpassed the veteran Cudjo as the third DT & by 2013 end he was up over 306 pounds most being some solid muscle.
http://www.nfl.com/player/mattconrath/2534836/profile

Fisher has FIVE NFL caliber veteran DE's in Quinn-Long-Hayes-Sims & Carrington all can hold their own & have very good value...then add the fact that first round pick DL Aaron Donald can play DE almost as good as he can play inside.....then all this assuming by all that Micheal Sam is an automatic bona fide master roster maker with so many pro ready healthy signed DE's ....does cause me to pause!

The larger DL Conrath also had some pass rushing ability too! So much talent to figure into the proper mix of things do the Rams need another under undersized DE? or could Fisher need some additional beef in that middle ...I'm thinking beef myself who would fill the Brockers post if he was to go down for a long period of time?Is the undersized Donald a good fit in that Brockers post?

As for DE Eugene Sims who once played safety for West Texas A&M.....has done what his coach Mike Waufle has asked from him to do. ..Sims has 54 NFL games under his belt and several starts...as a back up the last two yrs he has 27 tacks, 5 sacks, 1 safety & 1 int thats not bad for being the 4th DE on the Rams roster. Hard to think Sims would not be needed here once again...I for one enjoy watching him play.

I too think Sims is a lock to make the roster and he is a valuable part of the line rotation, barring injury. I like yours and Coach O's reasoning on Conrath's value too. To me he is definitely in the thick of the completion for the 9th D-line spot if the Rams decide to keep 9. Conrath might be indeed be pushing Carrington but I think it will be hard for him to unseat Carrington because I remember reading that Wauffle was a big advocate for signing Carrington as a FA.

You also bring up a good point about Donald being able to play DE in pinch and that could factor into shaping the final 53. It seems that a lot of writers and fans are assuming/hoping that the Rams will keep a 9th D-lineman by default, but they may disappointed when the final cuts are made. Many seem to automatically pencil-in M. Sam in as the 5th DE/9th DL but I think that is very premature. I would rate Sam behind both Conrath and Westbrook's as a D-line talent even though both were undrafted. Where Sam may rate higher in value is on special teams but Conrath and Brodine as well have special teams value too, especially on the kick block units. I think once Westbrooks gets on the field for an extended look he will quickly close the gap and surpass Sam. IMHO.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I too think Sims is a lock to make the roster and he is a valuable part of the line rotation, barring injury. I like yours and Coach O's reasoning on Conrath's value too. To me he is definitely in the thick of the completion for the 9th D-line spot if the Rams decide to keep 9. Conrath might be indeed be pushing Carrington but I think it will be hard for him to unseat Carrington because I remember reading that Wauffle was a big advocate for signing Carrington as a FA.

You also bring up a good point about Donald being able to play DE in pinch and that could factor into shaping the final 53. It seems that a lot of writers and fans are assuming/hoping that the Rams will keep a 9th D-lineman by default, but they may disappointed when the final cuts are made. Many seem to automatically pencil-in M. Sam in as the 5th DE/9th DL but I think that is very premature. I would rate Sam behind both Conrath and Westbrook's as a D-line talent even though both were undrafted. Where Sam may rate higher in value is on special teams but Conrath and Brodine as well have special teams value too, especially on the kick block units. I think once Westbrooks gets on the field for an extended look he will quickly close the gap and surpass Sam. IMHO.

Conrath right now it working with the 1st unit on the KO Return team, so I agree he has some value there.

Regarding Sam and Westbrooks, I have it on pretty good authority, they are looking for every reason they can to keep Sam. His inclusion on Special Teams could end up being the difference maker in any competition with Westbrooks, who has not appeared on ANY ST as of yet.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'd suspect that Reid and/or Roberson are on the practice squad. Of all the reports being made I haven't read much positive about those guys and I find it hard to think that the Rams would keep them over players they drafted.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I'd suspect that Reid and/or Roberson are on the practice squad. Of all the reports being made I haven't read much positive about those guys and I find it hard to think that the Rams would keep them over players they drafted.

Reid made some noise yesterday if I recall. I know he had an INT.

Keep in mind that it's going to take him awhile to get up to speed. He hasn't played football in a long time.

I haven't seen a single thing about Roberson though.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Reid made some noise yesterday if I recall. I know he had an INT.

Keep in mind that it's going to take him awhile to get up to speed. He hasn't played football in a long time.

I haven't seen a single thing about Roberson though.

I have read from CoachO and others that Roberson has displayed some coverage ability, but I think I recall CoachO indicating that Roberson seems to really to shy away from contact. Initially this would seem to be bad news for Roberson's chances of sticking because with a Fisher/Williams led defense the DBs better at least be wiling to stick their nose into the fray. Based on yesterday's report it seems like Reid is at least willing to mix it up a bit.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I have read from CoachO and others that Roberson has displayed some coverage ability, but I think I recall CoachO indicating that Roberson seems to really to shy away from contact. Initially this would seem to be bad news for Roberson's chances of sticking because with a Fisher/Williams led defense the DBs better at least be wiling to stick their nose into the fray. Based on yesterday's report it seems like Reid is at least willing to mix it up a bit.

Oh you better believe it.