Squad surprise predictions ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’m going to start off with Jeremiah Kolone.

Reasons
1. Early photo of him un UNI by The Rams early on. Like a Ram Promo of new uni’s

2. Guy had been working as a Center after his rookie year to make the squad

3.Is a core veteran that has been in the system with Kromer getting coached up on practice squad for a couple years

4. Report just now of him playing center in SoFI..

Just saying - don’t sleep on him making the squad.If he can handle the Center spot then it is a bonus. He has always been head to head with Demby. He is smart enough to know what he needs to do to make the squad. Denny is now at RT. Just saying.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Lirim Hajrullahu maybe? Based on what we have seen/heard.

I do think the Rams are rooting hard for Sloman and they all seem to doing okay (PK’s).

Going to be an interesting selection process.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I’m going to start off with Jeremiah Kolone.

Reasons
1. Early photo of him un UNI by The Rams early on. Like a Ram Promo of new uni’s

2. Guy had been working as a Center after his rookie year to make the squad

3.Is a core veteran that has been in the system with Kromer getting coached up on practice squad for a couple years

4. Report just now of him playing center in SoFI..

Just saying - don’t sleep on him making the squad.If he can handle the Center spot then it is a bonus. He has always been head to head with Demby. He is smart enough to know what he needs to do to make the squad. Denny is now at RT. Just saying.
It may be foolish to scratch off an OL'er like Kolone who has been in & out of here since right after the 2018 draft, May 3 2018 as a UDFA who played 5 yrs in college @ San Jose State. A four-year starter at offensive left guard... Also has starting experience at center... had starting events @ OC during 3 seasons while he was the starting LG due to injury to their center. Signed 5 Ram contracts since 2018. Kolone's hometown is Fallbrook, CA.

Kolone now is 6-3 & is somewhere between 315 & 320 pounds. This would make him the Ram thickest & largest center by a large margin when compared to Blythe 6-2/299 or Allen 6-1/304, Cabral 6-5/305 or Shelton 6-4/299. He is in his 3rd Ram training camp now with Kromer. PLayed in the AAF league in 2019 SD Fleet as their starting center. Kromer has had this center lurking around him for some time for 2 full seasons on his practice squad OL unit. Kromer might be tired of all those NT's tossing his centers back into Goff's feet every snap. Kolone who is American Samoa would be a difficult toss for the strongest NT's.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Jordan Fuller will be the surprise rookie.

Snead sure has his issues in drafting good starting OL'ers through-out his GM career, but he sure has shown the opposite in finding outstanding DB's in the draft. Fuller @ this point looks like a steal when Snead used that 6th round selection on him. EJ Gaines was an outstanding 2014 6th rd pick DB by Snead. Who ended up being ....PFWA All-Rookie Team (2014)

Fuller thus far has surpassed most all the draft prognosticators . Rookie Fuller was Staley's starting safety on the #1 unit on the turf of SoFi stadium.

According to NFL.com, Fuller is the No. 21 safety on the board in the draft with a prospect grade of 5.62, which, according to the site, means Fuller has a chance to make the end of a roster or practice squad.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My surprise prediction? David Long and Darious Williams start over Troy Hill.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jordan Fuller will be the surprise rookie.

With Christian & Weedle out The Rams have those spots to fill. John Johnson is back & calling the defensive plays.

Good call, wondering if Taylor Rapp can hold up a full season ? He plays a little reckless. Burgess is already being counted on.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lirim Hajrullahu maybe? Based on what we have seen/heard.

I do think the Rams are rooting hard for Sloman and they all seem to doing okay (PK’s).

Going to be an interesting selection process.

Hope Greg the miss a couple opening game for Dallas.

Sloman was a surprise draft pick? Competition is good.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My surprise prediction? David Long and Darious Williams start over Troy Hill.

I believe D. Williams is going to be a start or get over half the defensive reps. D. Long is young & has a lot of upside.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What about players to make the 53 ?

J.Polite I think might surprise some people. He is not that strong from one standpoint. Then again he flashes such quickness when focusing.I saw him practicing in group & caught my attention from being lazy to turning it up a notch.
Good scouting from The Rams will see who steps it up.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Morgan Fox is a grinder & Gaines looks a little lighter which might do him well.Those I think will play well off of each other.I saw it at the end of 2019 & Henderson is still the DL coach.
-Robinson is behind in camp as well,so look for that combo early coming in & out for each other.
Smart got CUT,so makes for even a stronger case.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Van Jefferson beats out Reynolds after week one of splitting time.

I just saw that video report on the 2 players. I like the way Reynolds is being a veteran & working with Jefferson,even though he is going to take Reps away from Reynolds. Kupp & Woods are helping as well. Good (stuff) teammates.

Going to add Webster making the squad.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well I might be wrong about Fox & Gaines subbing all the time together. Looks like Fox is LDE & Gaines NT or LDT.
Then will say Michael Hoecht
#96 DL 6-4 310 22 Will not make the game day roster.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
OO # 45 would have stopped that Jefferson TD in the corner of the End Zone from Hard Knocks. He is stepping up.

Jefferson looks better in the #12 Jersey than Cooks did IMO.

Sort of lost on roster spots because of not having a preseason.I’ll add to cuts later.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

His new logo...

bneD2HDH_400x400.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Logo looks like it says "JB" more than JR
Suppose that's better than a penis face, so there's that