Spruce

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
Do you guys think we will ever see this guy play?! Is there really even a spot for him now. I want to see him and coop in action. All this preseason/camp hype.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our top 3 WRs are playing well. He's a rookie. Makes sense that he's not playing.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
With the way Britt and Quick are playing with Kendricks playing well. Tavon getting his targets and Gurley being used more I just don't know if he'll work himself in without an injury.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Likely taking time to develop. Amendola went undrafted in 2008 and did not start until 2010, sounds like typical WR development times. Looking forward to seeing what he's capable of once the training wheels are off.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Why can't we just find a Torry Holt for once?
Is that too much to ask? Can we do that .... for me?
I don't ask for much, it shouldn't be that big of a hassle.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Our top 3 WRs are playing well. He's a rookie. Makes sense that he's not playing.
Of them all, which are you most anxious to see develop into what he can be?
I'm really wanting to see Mike Thomas develop into his true potential, personally.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Do you guys think we will ever see this guy play?! Is there really even a spot for him now. I want to see him and coop in action. All this preseason/camp hype.
I too would like to see Spruce in there , but our WR's are playing well, and I don't know how many WR's we average dressing for a game. So I can't speculate on the odds of him getting in their! But they tried Thomas and he didn't do anything. So I say Try S-P-R-U-C-E! It can't hurt!! JMHO

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
At this point it looks like we need an injury for Coop or Spruce to see the field because they dont play special teams and I dont have a problem with it. Tavon, Britt, and Quick are locked in at the top and playing well. Rams dont play a ton of 4+ WR sets so you have to play special teams which Thomas and Marquez do.

Ajb44

Rookie
Name
Alex
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I agree with everything I just was excited to see what they could do. But we really don't need them. Britt and quick changed a TON apparently from Groh. I assume it was him

Rams43

Hall of Fame
How about this?

Both Britt and Quick are currently playing well so they should clearly continue to start on the outside. No brainer.

But here's my heretical suggestion. Why not give Spruce or Cooper some targets from the slot position?

Yeah, by taking Tavon off the field at times. It's not as if he's setting the world on fire as a WR, is it? Myself, I would love to see Spruce get a few targets with his flypaper hands. But that's just me. If they prefer Cooper, then fine. I just don't see how it could hurt our O, and it might give it a boost.

While I'm being heretical, how about starting Benny ahead of Gurley? Just for a cross check to compare results, you know? Wouldn't have to be for a whole game, but just to see what would happen. Maybe just a series, even? To test a theory, kinda?

'Course, neither changes are likely to happen. Fisher is much too heavily invested in Tavon and in Gurley.

But I'll say this. If it were ME that was sitting at 3-3 after losing 3 winnable games, well... Let's just say that I would damned sure be inclined to do some outside the box thinking. Just so I would know that I left no stone unturned. Sigh...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about this?

Both Britt and Quick are currently playing well so they should clearly continue to start on the outside. No brainer.

But here's my heretical suggestion. Why not give Spruce or Cooper some targets from the slot position?

Yeah, by taking Tavon off the field at times. It's not as if he's setting the world on fire as a WR, is it? Myself, I would love to see Spruce get a few targets with his flypaper hands. But that's just me. If they prefer Cooper, then fine. I just don't see how it could hurt our O, and it might give it a boost.

While I'm being heretical, how about starting Benny ahead of Gurley? Just for a cross check to compare results, you know? Wouldn't have to be for a whole game, but just to see what would happen. Maybe just a series, even? To test a theory, kinda?

'Course, neither changes are likely to happen. Fisher is much too heavily invested in Tavon and in Gurley.

But I'll say this. If it were ME that was sitting at 3-3 after losing 3 winnable games, well... Let's just say that I would damned sure be inclined to do some outside the box thinking. Just so I would know that I left no stone unturned. Sigh...

Are you kidding me? Tavon should be on the field every snap. As should gurley. Go outside and take a brisk walk. Get some oxygen in your lungs. Get your heart pumping. Not enough electricity is heading towards your brain.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
But ... do you not think they have a pretty good idea of who can or cannot contribute by watching them in practices? It's not just Fisher who's evaluating their progress. It's Boras, Groh, McGinnis, and Smith, and they all come to these decisions together. Cooper has had some snaps, and he's not looked great. Higbee has had some snaps; and quite frankly, he's looked awful. Spruce has been injured. Thomas is buried on the depth chart, because he's pretty raw (like Brian Quick was). I'm sure they'll continue to work these guys into games and give them more snaps, but none of them have done (or shown) anything to unseat the incumbents ... yet.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's going to be interesting next year. We have some young WR's and we have 2 of our 3 "veterans" that will be free agents. Do Quick and Britt get brought back? Which one if only one? How does that affect these young guys, and I include Thomas in there, next year in camp and going into the season. Do we bring both back to keep some experience for Goff next year if he's the guy? I'm enjoying this season immensely but I still can't help myself but speculate on next year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know..I think we all lived in a bubble, thinking Spruce, Cooper, and Thomas would be special in preseason....Are they really that good? I hope Cooper becomes something...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Of them all, which are you most anxious to see develop into what he can be?
I'm really wanting to see Mike Thomas develop into his true potential, personally.

Agreed. Pharoh is talented but limited at the same time. Thomas is the most likely to develop into a #1 WR. I've seen him on offense a few times this year. Generally, he was blocking when I saw him.

fearsomefour

Legend
Agreed. Pharoh is talented but limited at the same time. Thomas is the most likely to develop into a #1 WR. I've seen him on offense a few times this year. Generally, he was blocking when I saw him.
Well, he did draw a flag or two, so, he is fitting right in....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
As much as I want to see Spruce and Cooper on the field, the fact that the receivers ahead of them are playing well enough to keep them off it pleases me to no end.