Sports Show Hosts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
If a woman is on the panel, why does she have to be the host or hostess? Whatever you want to call it. Do I sound chauvinistic?

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Never noticed that, but now that you mention it, it does seem to be the case usually.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Women are better multitaskers. Some of them are the host with a couple of ex football players that couldn’t really control the flow of the show.

jjab360

Legend
They usually get talked over and quietly given the Cam Newton treatment of, "it's funny hear to a girl talk about football". It's pretty annoying, actually

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
They usually get talked over and quietly given the Cam Newton treatment of, "it's funny hear to a girl talk about football". It's pretty annoying, actually
Kinda funny that Cam's target for that comment was none other than our own Jourdan Rodriguez. She has probably forgotten more about route concepts than Cam has ever known, lolz.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
If a woman is on the panel, why does she have to be the host or hostess? Whatever you want to call it. Do I sound chauvinistic?

Rich Risen, Jim Brown, Curt Menefee. Trey Wingo, Chris Berman, whoever the college GameDay guy is these days. Just a few off top of my head. Isn't the Sunday night GameDay show also all male?

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rich Risen, Jim Brown, Curt Menefee. Trey Wingo, Chris Berman, whoever the college GameDay guy is these days. Just a few off top of my head. Isn't the Sunday night GameDay show also all male?
There are still some all male panels. I was only referring to those with women on them.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I think the fact that they can’t really play football has held them back in terms of these shows that get a large part of their content from football. There quite a few women who do basketball analysis and debate as well as coach. Basketball is basketball and there are women who’ve been involved with it their whole lives so talking about the nba or women’s basketball seems pretty natural. There are women who know and love football but I don’t think that player-coach-broadcaster pipeline is available. And I doubt Cam Newton is the only guy who questions women’s involvement and understanding of football.

Q729

Legend
Does it count if a woman is on the panel of a show that's hosted by another woman?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Media is a copy cat industry, so as soon as someone finds a combination that works others will tend to follow along. They have a few different "crazy opinionated" shows with people like Skip and Stephen A. Smith, they have their buddy Sunday pregame shows, they have their we're on radio and TV with guys like Cowherd and Rich, etc etc. Similar to the late night talk shows all basically having a funny host, and a band, and a similar format.

There's no reason why women can't be elevated into more prominent roles within sports analysis, the reason why they aren't likely comes down to a combination of the good ol boys club and the fact that most of the big names have been doing it long before women were really taken seriously in that world, and we're really not that far removed for those days. I don't buy the idea that someone needs to have played the sports in order to understand and break it down, some of the dumbest analysts out there are former players, some even HOF players.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Theres a great Soccer analyst in the UK (and she is fucking hot as fuck) but she knows more soccer than the pros. It makes them feel inadequate. People like Mina Kimes and Kay Adams are the same. They have to know even MORE football than your average man to get anywhere near the show. The lady presenters are, generally speaking, absolutely excellent.

Tl:dr - I DGAF if you have tits or a penis just talk good football.

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
No more than saying they're eye candy for a mostly male audience

fearsomefour

Legend
No more than saying they're eye candy for a mostly male audience
Which is usually the case.
Their contributions are usually vapid and lame. That might be because that’s the script they are given or it may be what they contribute.
At any rate it usually indicates a downturn in the “football” quality of the show. Meaning, less Xs and Os and more human interest bullshit.
There are plenty of crappy shows with just men of course as well.
I would be curious to know if the women working on these shows are scripted into all the peripheral BS?
I suspect so.