Sports On A Sunday: Kevin Demoff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams COO, Kevin Demoff talks about the recent Rams loss to 49ers and the struggles of the team.

[mp3]http://cbsstlouis.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/9-29-demoff.mp3[/mp3]

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Thanks for posting this X, really needed to hear this.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
How are we going to run the football?!!! How about we make a big pot of chicken feather soup. Sound good? We just gotta do it, ya know! Sorry guys, I'm just not buying it. I know we can't be one dimensional, but we are one dimensional. See my point? Don't stress what we are not, a running team, focus on our strengths or potential strenghts for that matter. How about we actually make the opposing safeties sweat for once. Back them off the line and then run the ball, not vice versa. We need to make Sam's minimal check down throw five yards. Not behind the scrimmage or three yards. That's moving the ball. This offense is being run backwards.

On defense, how about we have a game where they aren't on the field for a majority of the game. Sounds like a lot to ask, I know.

Clean up the crazy amount of penalties, they're killing our small chances of winning.

More of the same...

V3

Hall of Fame
Thanks for the post but I could hardly listen to him. :sick: I usually like him but that just made me mad.

TexRamFan

Rookie
I really respect Demoff and the amount of effort and sincerety he puts into his work. He has what I believe to be one of the toughest jobs in all of sports. But at the same time, this guy could sell ice to an eskimo. And part of his job is to keep the turnstiles busy and keep the fans interested and he is a master of that.....

I really feel mislead from the whole "buzz" he and the marketing team created in the preseason. He even went as far as to compare what the offense is aiming to do to the Saints. I mean, this offense is the complete opposite of the Saints. We may have pieces comparable to what the Saints have, but to try and be like them, you have to run a scheme similar to them. And that we don't, we don't even come close.

I listened and believed to what he had to say about these "new toys" that they made available to Sam. Yet I failed to pay attention to the facts...

We lost:

1. Our best RB
2. Our 2 starting safeties
3. Arguably our most important defensive player in Dunbar
4. A ton of experience on D, we got younger than last year (and we were the youngest team last year)

As far as the running game goes, I believe the Pats have less rushing yards than the Rams. Yet they are 3-0. I understand we need a running game to compete with teams, but to put and empasis so much stress on it in press conferences and interviews is making me crazy. This franchise stresses that you run the ball and everything else spins off that. But what if we pass the ball well and the running game spins itself off that?

I also respect the fact that Demoff states "we have a plan" and I can only hope these struggles are all part of the plan.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
TexRamFan said:
As far as the running game goes, I believe the Pats have less rushing yards than the Rams. Yet they are 3-0. I understand we need a running game to compete with teams, but to put and empasis so much stress on it in press conferences and interviews is making me crazy. This franchise stresses that you run the ball and everything else spins off that. But what if we pass the ball well and the running game spins itself off that?

I find this disturbing myself.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Some "offensive" Rams statistics through four games:
NFL rank

Yards/gm 301.8 (30th)
Yards/play 4.5 (30th)
3rd down conversion percentage 26% (31st)
Time of possession/gm 28:16 (25th)
Penalties 27 (tied for 3rd)

Rushing attempts/gm 18.2 (29th)
Rush yrds/gm 47.2 (31st)
Rush yrds/carry 2.6 (tied for 30th)

Points/gm 17.2 (28th)
QB hits allowed 27 (2nd)
Receiving yards/reception 10.2 (27th)

:fk:
Nothing most of us didn't know already...but these are abysmal numbers through the first quarter of the season. Growing pains?

My take on the big picture...
The second qtr of the season is now upon us. I felt we needed to get here no worse than 2-2. Instead we're staring at 1-3 and last place in division.

vs Jacksonville
@ Houston
@ Carolina
vs Seattle

Again i look at this stretch and Rams must get out of this at no worse than 2-2.
Beat Jacksonville,a MUST win obviously,and try to gain some confidence for two straight road games. Try to get one of those(Carolina?) and finish with a big division game at home(again).

Do that and we're sitting at 3-5...not good but not disastrous either. Another 1-3 finish through this second qtr of games and the Rams' playoff hopes are finished at 2-6.

Rams need to take advantage of getting the NFL's worst team in our house. Go get a WIN dammit.

TexRamFan

Rookie
Mojo Ram said:
Some "offensive" Rams statistics through four games:
NFL rank

Yards/gm 301.8 (30th)
Yards/play 4.5 (30th)
3rd down conversion percentage 26% (31st)
Time of possession/gm 28:16 (25th)
Penalties 27 (tied for 3rd)

Rushing attempts/gm 18.2 (29th)
Rush yrds/gm 47.2 (31st)
Rush yrds/carry 2.6 (tied for 30th)

Points/gm 17.2 (28th)
QB hits allowed 27 (2nd)
Receiving yards/reception 10.2 (27th)

:fk:
Nothing most of us didn't know already...but these are abysmal numbers through the first quarter of the season. Growing pains?

My take on the big picture...
The second qtr of the season is now upon us. I felt we needed to get here no worse than 2-2. Instead we're staring at 1-3 and last place in division.

vs Jacksonville
@ Houston
@ Carolina
vs Seattle

Again i look at this stretch and Rams must get out of this at no worse than 2-2.
Beat Jacksonville,a MUST win obviously,and try to gain some confidence for two straight road games. Try to get one of those(Carolina?) and finish with a big division game at home(again).

Do that and we're sitting at 3-5...not good but not disastrous either. Another 1-3 finish through this second qtr of games and the Rams' playoff hopes are finished at 2-6.

Rams need to take advantage of getting the NFL's worst team in our house. Go get a WIN dammit.

Thanks for the stats. Man are they bad as expected. But for this team to point at one area (the run game) these stats point out we are bad everywhere. Everyone is accountable. This isnt just Schotty, just Walton, just Fisher, just Bradford or just the run game. Every single person in that facility needs to take accountability and man up.

We are 1-3. It is what it is. Let's just focus on Jax. Get a win and go from there. Who cares whos next at this point. Win Sunday, give us something good to talk about and lets go from there.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
TexRamFan said:
We are 1-3. It is what it is. Let's just focus on Jax. Get a win and go from there. Who cares whos next at this point. Win Sunday, give us something good to talk about and lets go from there.

This is what the Rams need to focus on.

One game at a time.

Beat Jax.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
TexRamFan said:
I really feel mislead from the whole "buzz" he and the marketing team created in the preseason. He even went as far as to compare what the offense is aiming to do to the Saints. I mean, this offense is the complete opposite of the Saints. We may have pieces comparable to what the Saints have, but to try and be like them, you have to run a scheme similar to them. And that we don't, we don't even come close.

He never said that. All KD said when mentioning the Saints and the Rams is that w/ all the signings and draft picks they'll have different packages designed for a specific receiver.

TexRamFan

Rookie
Angry Ram said:
TexRamFan said:

He never said that. All KD said when mentioning the Saints and the Rams is that w/ all the signings and draft picks they'll have different packages designed for a specific receiver.

This was KD's quote from an article I read at Turf Show Times and what I was referring too.

"I think you could see this offense resemble an offense like the Saints where you have 4 or 5 players catch 40-50 balls but nobody who catches 70 or 80. I'm not saying that we are the Saints offense, we need to improve to become that, but more that style where anybody can be a threat on any play. I think that is where we are evolving, letting the down, distance, scheme and coverage dictate who becomes the targeted player."

Here is the link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/7/21/4538480/kevin-demoff-talks-offense-sam-bradford-uniforms-and-more-ramsondemand" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/7/21/ ... msondemand</a>

I did not expect this team to look like the Saints and march up and down the field at will. But when I think of the Saints, I think of them taking advantages of mismatches, exploiting defenses, and abusing opposing teams weaknesses to get the open guy the ball. They do this with motion, different looks and precise routes and timing. I really do not see the Rams evolving towards that scheme. This is what I got out of his comments and more specifically his point on the team evolving towards letting the down, distance and scheme coverage dictate the targeted player. We keep seeing the same scheme/game plan and keep hearing how they need to improve on running the ball.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
TexRamFan said:
Angry Ram said:
TexRamFan said:

This was KD's quote from an article I read at Turf Show Times and what I was referring too.

"I think you could see this offense resemble an offense like the Saints where you have 4 or 5 players catch 40-50 balls but nobody who catches 70 or 80. I'm not saying that we are the Saints offense, we need to improve to become that, but more that style where anybody can be a threat on any play. I think that is where we are evolving, letting the down, distance, scheme and coverage dictate who becomes the targeted player."

Here is the link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/7/21/4538480/kevin-demoff-talks-offense-sam-bradford-uniforms-and-more-ramsondemand" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2013/7/21/ ... msondemand</a>

I did not expect this team to look like the Saints and march up and down the field at will. But when I think of the Saints, I think of them taking advantages of mismatches, exploiting defenses, and abusing opposing teams weaknesses to get the open guy the ball. They do this with motion, different looks and precise routes and timing. I really do not see the Rams evolving towards that scheme. This is what I got out of his comments and more specifically his point on the team evolving towards letting the down, distance and scheme coverage dictate the targeted player. We keep seeing the same scheme/game plan and keep hearing how they need to improve on running the ball.
Actually, he said it here...

http://ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?p=128070#p128070