SParQ scores from combine 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This site has a drop down menu where you can look at each rated player. It is not a be all end all but does give some insight to who is rated as the most athletic.......and Fisher and Snead love their athletes.

Just click on the 2016 drown and pick your category. http://3sigmaathlete.com/rankings/

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Not an explosive edge class at all.

McCalister is draft crush of mine. I think the rams will like his athleticism, vine arms, and upside. Drill Sargent/DL Coach Mike Waufle will straighten out those character issues and make sure he reaches his potential.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Since Fisher and Snead love the most athletic players they can find I looked at the top scores in areas of need. The highest groups are DT and CB. I used their comparison for athleticism compared to NFL players. 50% is your average NFL player. I tried to stick to the names that are supposed to be the best at their positions, but in some cases they weren't the best athletes.

CB Jalen Ramsey 99.3
Vernon Hargreaves 97.3
Murray 87.1 (a corner may not be so likely at 15 because it drops off quickly after that)

DT Connor Wucziak 93.1
Nkemdiche 91.7 ( this scares me because he is athletic with red flags and should be there at 15, but I don't want him.)
Rankins 83.3 (This may be a guy they like)

WR Doctson 94 (he is right up at the top but supposedly should be there at 15. If so he would probably be the most athletic player available at a need position)
Thomas 82 ( there are a few other WRs like Treadwell and Coleman that probably score pretty good. Have to wait for their scores.)

DE Ogbah 82 (so far the highest rated DE)
Shaq Lawson 79.3
Alex McAlister 76.8 ( this guy is someone who Jrry mocked in round 7 due to red flags. He is probably a guy Snead is looking at later)

S J Simmons 96
Sean Davis 93
Killibrew 68 ( surprisingly low. Overall I wouldn't expect a first round safety despite the first two testing so well)

TE Braunecker 78.2 (after that it really drops off an early TE may not be in the cards.......if at all)

OC Jake Brendel 86.1
Ryan Kelly 55.4 ( Kelly is not as athletic as I thought, but the highest rated among the big names)
Glasgow 26.1 (surprised this is as low as it is. but either way Center looks like a third-6th round option)

QB Driskel 87.7 ( Good score but not a first round QB. Athleticism is nice but the mental part carries much more weight at this position, obviously)
Lynch 81.7
Wentz 81.4 (Wentz seems to have the most going for him. This is a good score for a QB. The Rams could try to move to #1 or maybe Lynch at #15)

There would be a few guys to add to this after regional combines and for guys that did not fully compete or compete at all but just the overall feel I get from these scores with athleticism and success on the field I think that WR Doctson, QB Lynch, DT Nkemdiche, Rankins, DE Ogbah are players that the Rams could be targeting at 15 come draft day and barring a trade up. To me the best value would be Doctson, or maybe Lynch depending on what they think his learning curve to be. 15 seems high for Ogbah and high for rotation DTs in general......however Rankins was very impressive at the Sr. Bowl. Snead notices Sr Bowl performances.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Since Fisher and Snead love the most athletic players they can find I looked at the top scores in areas of need. The highest groups are DT and CB. I used their comparison for athleticism compared to NFL players. 50% is your average NFL player. I tried to stick to the names that are supposed to be the best at their positions, but in some cases they weren't the best athletes.

CB Jalen Ramsey 99.3
Vernon Hargreaves 97.3
Murray 87.1 (a corner may not be so likely at 15 because it drops off quickly after that)

DT Connor Wucziak 93.1
Nkemdiche 91.7 ( this scares me because he is athletic with red flags and should be there at 15, but I don't want him.)
Rankins 83.3 (This may be a guy they like)

WR Doctson 94 (he is right up at the top but supposedly should be there at 15. If so he would probably be the most athletic player available at a need position)
Thomas 82 ( there are a few other WRs like Treadwell and Coleman that probably score pretty good. Have to wait for their scores.)

DE Ogbah 82 (so far the highest rated DE)
Shaq Lawson 79.3
Alex McAlister 76.8 ( this guy is someone who Jrry mocked in round 7 due to red flags. He is probably a guy Snead is looking at later)

S J Simmons 96
Sean Davis 93
Killibrew 68 ( surprisingly low. Overall I wouldn't expect a first round safety despite the first two testing so well)

TE Braunecker 78.2 (after that it really drops off an early TE may not be in the cards.......if at all)

OC Jake Brendel 86.1
Ryan Kelly 55.4 ( Kelly is not as athletic as I thought, but the highest rated among the big names)
Glasgow 26.1 (surprised this is as low as it is. but either way Center looks like a third-6th round option)

QB Driskel 87.7 ( Good score but not a first round QB. Athleticism is nice but the mental part carries much more weight at this position, obviously)
Lynch 81.7
Wentz 81.4 (Wentz seems to have the most going for him. This is a good score for a QB. The Rams could try to move to #1 or maybe Lynch at #15)

There would be a few guys to add to this after regional combines and for guys that did not fully compete or compete at all but just the overall feel I get from these scores with athleticism and success on the field I think that WR Doctson, QB Lynch, DT Nkemdiche, Rankins, DE Ogbah are players that the Rams could be targeting at 15 come draft day and barring a trade up. To me the best value would be Doctson, or maybe Lynch depending on what they think his learning curve to be. 15 seems high for Ogbah and high for rotation DTs in general......however Rankins was very impressive at the Sr. Bowl. Snead notices Sr Bowl performances.
What was your source for these Sparq scores? I have been looking at Zach Whitman's @3sigmaathlete.com. and they are really different!
For example they have:
* QB Jeff Driskel's score at 117.4.
* WR Josh Doctson's score at 133.9
* QB Paxton Lynch's score at 113.1
* QB Carson Wentz's score at 112.9
I'm confused by these differences!:confused:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What was your source for these Sparq scores? I have been looking at Zach Whitman's @3sigmaathlete.com. and they are really different!
For example they have:
* QB Jeff Driskel's score at 117.4.
* WR Josh Doctson's score at 133.9
* QB Paxton Lynch's score at 113.1
* QB Carson Wentz's score at 112.9
I'm confused by these differences!:confused:

I used the NFL percentage on the SPARQ score. I put that in the post. The reason is that if you don't know current players scores then what are you comparing them to? Only each other. So by using the % you get a reference of how athletic they are compared to the average NFL player. 50% is average.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I used the NFL percentage on the SPARQ score. I put that in the post. The reason is that if you don't know current players scores then what are you comparing them to? Only each other. So by using the % you get a reference of how athletic they are compared to the average NFL player. 50% is average.
I see now, said the Blind man! I should have read your post more carefully. But now I understand it better. Great point!(y)