Spags is an all-timer at DC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Demoff letting The Rams draft that LT from Baylor or Greg Robinson from Auburn both #2 overall was pathetic

The little dude was GM,not sure about Demoff? Might have been in Tampa Bay with Raheem Morris.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I was never a Shurmur fan.WS pisssed off at him at Candlestick.
I yelled my ass off at him as he crossed the field.Just a cool memory & a great game evening setting.How time passes & goes by.

I’m actually impressed at how Shurmer is a LiFER & still doing it.I guess he must be in the Dion Sanders Prime series? To be the OC for his son really shows the respect he deserves.

I still wonder how he would’ve done with another season with Sam Bradford.All the OC’s he went through that strike season killed The Rams salary cap wise.

Cam Newton signed the next season for maybe less than half of what Sam Bradford signed for.

Sam Branford rookie signing might still be the biggest rookie contract in NFL HISTORY?? That set The Rams Franchise back BIGTIME!!!

oldnotdead

Legend
I can understand the lack of HC interest in him. His age and record as a HC works against him. He's like so many coordinators who are good in the niche but make them a HC and now he's faced with running the team. Guys like Wade Phillips Ron Rivera and Brandon Staley are examples of that. Running a team takes a whole different mindset and skillset.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
A huge percentage of his players that Fisher cut, never played in the NFL again.
He can coach D, but his 4 Pillars was a disaster.
Billy Devaney deserves much of that blame as well.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I had high hopes for Spags as our HC….until he started pulling pictures of greatness off the walls and started showing his true colors.

I get uneasy when I see him on the TV and remember how bad he was as our HC.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I can understand the lack of HC interest in him. His age and record as a HC works against him. He's like so many coordinators who are good in the niche but make them a HC and now he's faced with running the team. Guys like Wade Phillips Ron Rivera and Brandon Staley are examples of that. Running a team takes a whole different mindset and skillset.
What???? You put Wade Phillips and Ron Rivera in the same class as Brandon Staley and Steve Spagnuolo? Phillips had a HC record of 79-53 (not counting 3-7 as interim 3 times) and has taken 3 different teams to the postseason (5 times in 9 years as THE HC). Rivera isn't as good as Phillips was but he's definitely not in the same class as Spagnuolo and Staley. The guy got two teams to the postseason (5 times in 13 years) and one to the SB as a HC.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I had high hopes for Spags as our HC….until he started pulling pictures of greatness off the walls and started showing his true colors.

Another guy who went into micromanage mode and it killed his HC job.

Reports say that's what happened to Staley and what Raheem says were his biggest mistakes as a HC.

That being said, McVay is a bit of a micromanager and it worked till it didn't. Sounds like from him he's pulled back last year due to the burnout from before.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the 49's owners really wanted to win it all, money no object, just go get Spags. Pay him $100,000 million or whatever it takes. Thank goodness they haven't figured that one out.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy

I remember all that. Taking GSOT and LA Rams pics off the walls.
I was done with him at that point.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
If the 49's owners really wanted to win it all, money no object, just go get Spags. Pay him $100,000 million or whatever it takes. Thank goodness they haven't figured that one out.
Spags is still a DC. No head coach IMO.
Lets see him try that "4 Pillars" stuff with the Niners brainless thugs. He would not have much of a team left.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Another guy who went into micromanage mode and it killed his HC job.

Reports say that's what happened to Staley and what Raheem says were his biggest mistakes as a HC.

That being said, McVay is a bit of a micromanager and it worked till it didn't. Sounds like from him he's pulled back last year due to the burnout from before.
The one big thing about McVay that I really appreciate, is the fact that he’s always bringing up great minds.
He’s very secure and doesn’t seem to be intimidated by new and foreign ideas.