Spags and Flajole let go in Nawlins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

News Bot

01001000 01101001
Name
News Bot
By NewOrleansSaints.com

spags_article_12413.jpg

The New Orleans Saints announced Thursday that Defensive Coordinator Steve Spagnuolo and Secondary Coach Ken Flajole have been relieved of their duties with the team.

“I personally want to thank Steve and Ken for their contributions during what was an unprecedented 2012 season,” said Saints Head Coach Asshole Face. “[hil]Philosophically we are changing our defense to a 3-4 alignment[/hil] and right now is the best time to accomplish this transition.”

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news-an ... 9593410380

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ouch. Philosophically, I wonder who they are pegging to replace them.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
DR RAM said:
Ouch. Philosophically, I wonder who they are pegging to replace them.
I guess it won't be Ryan since now there is a 39th unofficial report that he is the Rams coach

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Spags has gone from hot to cold in 3 years.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
Spags has gone from hot to cold in 3 years.
After hearing too many similar reports about his inflexibility, he may be hard pressed to find a job quickly. Spags is trending down. Nice guy. Wish him the best.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wish him well. Someone will pick him up.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
BuiltRamTough said:
GreeneCounty said:
Spags does not have it.
I disagree..he's a fine coach

2 good years, with killer D Line talent, does not a fine coach make.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
To be fair to Spags, the Saints D wasn't exactly the Steelers of the 70s before, either. Their SB year benefited by creating a lots of TOs and hasn't been the same since. Only time before offense can't do it all.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Faceplant said:
BuiltRamTough said:
GreeneCounty said:
Spags does not have it.

Doesn't matter really. At least the team played harder for him than they did for Linny. And yet, Linny has a job.

I think one of the things that drew Fish was how he saw our D play. We had a franchise caliber QB and a pretty hard nosed D he could work with. Our O was so pathetic that our D was constantly put in bad situations. Yeah - he was the HC and I'm not saying he did a great job at that - obviously. But our D played hard with fairly minimal talent but a decent core. The fact that we were so devoid of talent is up for debate as to who to blame. Maybe some of our younger players should have been allowed to develop and that might be on Spags. Maybe BD got him the wrong players. Dunno.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
Faceplant said:
BuiltRamTough said:
GreeneCounty said:
Spags does not have it.

Doesn't matter really. At least the team played harder for him than they did for Linny. And yet, Linny has a job.

I think one of the things that drew Fish was how he saw our D play. We had a franchise caliber QB and a pretty hard nosed D he could work with. Our O was so pathetic that our D was constantly put in bad situations. Yeah - he was the HC and I'm not saying he did a great job at that - obviously. But our D played hard with fairly minimal talent but a decent core. The fact that we were so devoid of talent is up for debate as to who to blame. Maybe some of our younger players should have been allowed to develop and that might be on Spags. Maybe BD got him the wrong players. Dunno.
Well said.

What I'm always going to have in the back of my mind is the injuries we sustained (on a colossal scale) last year. And then it's always going to remind me that Fisher encountered a lesser degree of injuries in 2004 prior to dealing with serious cap issues in 2005. His 2 year cumulative record during that span was 9-23. The thing that Spags taught us should be this. Don't have a shit ton of injuries to your team and expect to do anything substantial. It's apparently impossible.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Faceplant said:
BuiltRamTough said:
GreeneCounty said:
Spags does not have it.

Well said.

What I'm always going to have in the back of my mind is the injuries we sustained (on a colossal scale) last year. And then it's always going to remind me that Fisher encountered a lesser degree of injuries in 2004 prior to dealing with serious cap issues in 2005. His 2 year cumulative record during that span was 9-23. The thing that Spags taught us should be this. Don't have a shit ton of injuries to your team and expect to do anything substantial. It's apparently impossible.

Word X! We wouldn't have had Al Harris literally brought out of retirement, some kid named Gordy, Avery may have ended up in horns still, and on and on. The one odd part was his constant trust in Dahl who we know became part of the FOSS trademark. Its over now and without that ummm 2-14 season WE would not have this insane bounty for trading out.

2011 was literally legally paralyzed I could not believe what kept happening left and right.. Murphy snapping his ankle in camp. Ugh I must regress...

iced

Faceplant said:

His inability to make adjustments, listen to his players, and control freakness will be his downfall. And yea, I'd say he was a product of superior talent, not scheme or anything else, in New York. Yea the saints D sucked, but consider all the Roster moves he made here as well.

Linehan was a good coordinator before the Rams and has been a good one after wards. You don't hear players mouthing off or saying anything. And he's clearly capable of making adjustments.

Spags - not so much.

BTW Pointing out Linny still has a job and Spags doesn't isn't a good example - sure Linny has talent like CJ and Stafford, but other than that thats it. And more importantly, he's producing. And they broke records, on the positive side. Spags broke bad records, like most yards allowed and such.

And BTW, guess who was the coordinator for what is considered the best season for a rookie, Randy moss when he was with the Vikings? Linehan.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
iced said:
His inability to make adjustments, listen to his players, and control freakness will be his downfall.

I agree with this. It was maddening. The players in NO spoke out about it (at least one did).

iced said:
And yea, I'd say he was a product of superior talent, not scheme or anything else, in New York.

I think he's more than this, however. Definitely a better coach than talent evaluator, as evident by his roster choices in STL.

The guys in STL did seem to play hard for him... that said; I think they played harder this year under Fisher.

iced

iced said:
And yea, I'd say he was a product of superior talent, not scheme or anything else, in New York.

I think he's more than this, however. Definitely a better coach than talent evaluator, as evident by his roster choices in STL.

The guys in STL did seem to play hard for him... that said; I think they played harder this year under Fisher.

well, if an equipment manager who worked their for 20+ years can get canned, wonder what that says to the team :lmao:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iced said:
iced said:

well, if an equipment manager who worked their for 20+ years can get canned, wonder what that says to the team :lmao:
Probably not a whole lot. They just canned a few scouts who worked there just as long, and nobody cared.

…..

Legend
Yeah but the equipment manager had a story to tell...

The scouts? They got the last 10 years on thier resume's...not exactly a ringing endorsement. :oops:

iced

X said:
iced said:
iced said:

Probably not a whole lot. They just canned a few scouts who worked there just as long, and nobody cared.

scouts are involved in grading and the acquisition of players..

equipment manager just handles...well the equipment... and had a LONG family history of working there..