Spagnuolo on loss: "We're still building."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4nBp9Wv7Ws[/youtube]

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Yeah, continue to build. IDK why they made the title sound like an excuse Spags made.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Keep your head up Spags. Many want you gone, but I know you can be be a good head coach. Just need a little bit of good fortune with all these injuries.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Young Ram said:
Keep your head up Spags. Many want you gone, but I know you can be be a good head coach. Just need a little bit of good fortune with all these injuries.
+1 :nice: And a bit more offense.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Spags seems much more focus and determine in this video snippet. Is it just me, or did he seem to have a "I'm not taking any more shit" attitude?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
interference said:
Spags seems much more focus and determine in this video snippet. Is it just me, or did he seem to have a "I'm not taking any more shit" attitude?
It's gotta be wearing on him a little. Hats off to him for staying positive after such a whirlwind of shit that has plagued this team for the past 3 years. I hope Kroenke has vision and is a forward thinking individual. I hope he takes into account everything that's happened here since Spags and Devaney took over this team and blew it the hell up. I hope he realizes what changing things because of public outcry can do to an organization. If he doesn't know, I hope he freaking calls me.

Since the Rams moved to L.A., and subsequently to St Louis, the average coaching tenure of a Rams coach is 3.3 years. That's over the past 63 years, and with 19 coaches. Meanwhile, the average coaching tenure of the Steelers' head coaches (a perennially good team) is 10 years - with Noll getting 23 after 3 very not-so-good ones to start his career there. I'm tired of changing coaches over and over and over. I see something in Spagnuolo that makes me believe he's the right man for the job. The guy was hired for four years. Give him four freaking years to at least (hopefully) get a regular season under his belt. That's one without a cap strapped year (2009), and a free agency barren year (2010) and a no off-season year (2011), and all three with stupid amounts of injuries that take out an entire unit (qbs in 2009, wrs in 2010 and everybody in 2011). Enough with the high turnover already. Stick with a guy who has clear vision and can only get better with the amount of dedication he has to this team and this organization. Let the team build and gel. Stop blowing shit up every 3.3 years.

Screw Fisher, screw Gruden, screw Morris, screw everybody.

Steve byGod Spagnuolo or bust.

Call me Stan. 1-888-BE-SMART

boondock

UDFA
Re: Spagnuolo on loss: "We're still building."

I agree. Give them another year, get healthy, have a good draft, fill some holes with free agency, have a full offseason and training camp and who knows what this team does. Changing coaches probably guarantees at least another disappointing mistake filled season. Stay the course!

And I almost forgot, please sign Lloyd, please. Thanks.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
interference said:
It's gotta be wearing on him a little. Hats off to him for staying positive after such a whirlwind of shit that has plagued this team for the past 3 years. I hope Kroenke has vision and is a forward thinking individual. I hope he takes into account everything that's happened here since Spags and Devaney took over this team and blew it the hell up. I hope he realizes what changing things because of public outcry can do to an organization. If he doesn't know, I hope he freaking calls me.

Since the Rams moved to L.A., and subsequently to St Louis, the average coaching tenure of a Rams coach is 3.3 years. That's over the past 63 years, and with 19 coaches. Meanwhile, the average coaching tenure of the Steelers' head coaches (a perennially good team) is 10 years - with Noll getting 23 after 3 very not-so-good ones to start his career there. I'm tired of changing coaches over and over and over. I see something in Spagnuolo that makes me believe he's the right man for the job. The guy was hired for four years. Give him four freaking years to at least (hopefully) get a regular season under his belt. That's one without a cap strapped year (2009), and a free agency barren year (2010) and a no off-season year (2011), and all three with stupid amounts of injuries that take out an entire unit (qbs in 2009, wrs in 2010 and everybody in 2011). Enough with the high turnover already. Stick with a guy who has clear vision and can only get better with the amount of dedication he has to this team and this organization. Let the team build and gel. Stop blowing shit up every 3.3 years.

Screw Fisher, screw Gruden, screw Morris, screw everybody.

Steve byGod Spagnuolo or bust.

Call me Stan. 1-888-BE-SMART

Nobody could take a team hit with everything that the Rams were hit with and do anything more than Spagnuolo has done. Honestly, I think he's what has kept us close in some games, his defense is keeping the team in most games. If he really does hold the offense back, then he should let them open it up a little, but with the injuries I don't know if that would help any. Next season I would like to see what a healthy team can do with a full offseason to fully grasp the schemes.

If we can get the offense clicking, with the defense improving, I really think we can have something special.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
Young Ram said:
+1 :nice: And a bit more offense.
I agree, the defense played great this year, especially considering how bad injuries hit our CBs. Spags and Flajole had to completely alter their defense to make up for it.

The offense definitely needs some work. If the O line and Sam didn't get hit with so many injuries, we could at least see if they were progressing as a group as the year went on, but we don't know. So the O may be much better next year, but we won't know until next year. I think it's worth another shot before we make wholesale changes. But, we HAVE to get a QB coach to help Sam out.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I trust Spags his a good coach all the players seem to play hard for him mix that with good playcalling,players and you got a winning competitive team.