Source: Pats work out Brady Quinn

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...ent-qb-brady-quinn-works-new-england-patriots

The New England Patriots worked out free-agent quarterback Brady Quinn on Monday, according to a league source.

Quinn, who was hired Thursday by Fox Sports to be an analyst, said during an appearance on "The Dan Patrick Show" on Friday that he worked out with a team this week, though he did not reveal which one it was.

As it turns out, it was the Patriots, whose offensive coordinator, Josh McDaniels, has experience with Quinn during their time together in Denver in 2010.

The Patriots' quarterback depth chart behind Tom Brady includes Ryan Mallett and rookie second-round pick Jimmy Garoppolo.

It's unclear if the team remains in the market for a quarterback or if this was a case of due diligence.

Quinn last saw action during the 2012 season with the Kansas City Chiefs, going 112-for-197 for 1,141 yards and two TDs in 10 games. He also had eight interceptions.

I guess the Patriots are really unhappy with Ryan Mallett and must figure Garoppolo isn't even close. You don't spend time working out a retired QB just for the heck of it.

This makes me happy, if the Patriots think they might be better off with Quinn backing up Brady. :LOL:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think they just want the most attractive QB corps hands down. Tom Brady, Jimmy Garoppolo, Brady Quinn are all pretty boys.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That's odd.

They are deep at the position already.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He's a perfect fit.
I read reports a couple of years ago, that he would feed the defensive unit the offensive plays, when a competing QB was on the practice field.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
He's a perfect fit.
I read reports a couple of years ago, that he would feed the defensive unit the offensive plays, when a competing QB was on the practice field.

I would not doubt that at all. And since all evidence of the cheating was disposed of, the Cheatriots have nothing to hold them back now. If the league had to do something, it would have to admit it was wrong, or not harsh enough on them. Not gonna happen.