sorry one more goff thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
An unsuccessful former NFL QB as your QB coach.

An unproven passing game coordinator and offensive Coordinator.

Wr's who can't hold onto a ball.

An offensive line that beaks down in pass protection.

A ball control run first, predictable safe coach.

Good luck Goff. Wouldn't wanna be you.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion might be number 2 now, but Goff will certainly get more practice reps than him. I believe that the plan right now would be to hope that Goff improves enough to be ready to start after the bye week against Carolina.
There's not enough snaps to go around. If Goff is #3, he wont see many. If Mannion is #2, they have to have him ready to go "in case". They cant limit his snaps, he needs the work

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
well, one thing is pretty certain in my mind. I do not think the staff will start Goff for the rest of the season unless...
a) keenum is injured
b) keenum loses 3 straight games
I would add, It's a sure thing the Rams will carry 3 QB's on their Roster this Year!!(y)

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Actually, no. There is no comparison with starting NFL QB's that make their teams better with the best talent on the team..and a QB from a spread system trying to work through issues under center in games that don't matter, with semi-pro's. Comparing apples-apples, Goff lifted a struggling Cal team to respectability by himself, when he was comfortable in that system with the best players on his team. It's insane to compare the two situations.

Well obviously the coaches disagree with you because the first pick of the 2016 draft is the #3 QB as it sits today.
And I disagree you can compare him to starting NFL QB's. He was picked No. 1 he's expected to play. Do I mind that needs a little seasoning before thrown to the wolves? No, I do not. However, he is now an NFL QB and is expected to play like one so Yes I can make the comparison. JMHO of course

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well obviously the coaches disagree with you because the first pick of the 2016 draft is the #3 QB as it sits today.
And I disagree you can compare him to starting NFL QB's. He was picked No. 1 he's expected to play. Do I mind that needs a little seasoning before thrown to the wolves? No, I do not. However, he is now an NFL QB and is expected to play like one so Yes I can make the comparison. JMHO of course

yes.