sorry one more goff thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Roger Stern
So we've seen the flashes but can the coaches really judge him in games.
He has only played with the twos and threes. Could he perform better with Austin Britt Gurley Barnes snapping the ball. Our number one oline protecting him instead of running for his life every other play? I know he needs more time to adjust but some time with the starters would have been nice jmo

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Sure they can judge him becuase hes playing against other twos and threes.
A good wb will elevate those around him. See All of the great nfl qbs past, present and furture. Theres a reaso when a good qb gets hurt teams go from playoff contenders to 4-12 teams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure they can judge him becuase hes playing against other twos and threes.
A good wb will elevate those around him. See All of the great nfl qbs past, present and furture. Theres a reaso when a good qb gets hurt teams go from playoff contenders to 4-12 teams.

Actually, no. There is no comparison with starting NFL QB's that make their teams better with the best talent on the team..and a QB from a spread system trying to work through issues under center in games that don't matter, with semi-pro's. Comparing apples-apples, Goff lifted a struggling Cal team to respectability by himself, when he was comfortable in that system with the best players on his team. It's insane to compare the two situations.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
well, one thing is pretty certain in my mind. I do not think the staff will start Goff for the rest of the season unless...
a) keenum is injured
b) keenum loses 3 straight games

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is nowhere near ready. Who knows what the future brings, but for now, the guy just needs time to develop. Not to be chucked in to the fire and destroy his (and the teams) confidence.

I'm sure he'll be fine and will do nothing but improve, but now is not the time to play him.

Sadly, it seems like a another lame duck year for Rams fans.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Rams should have threw a pile of money at Martz to teach Goff and install his system with Boras. Maybe it wouldn't have lasted more than a year or two but I trust Martz developing a QB.

There was quote from Groh saying the NFL is a short passing league. I didn't expect that after watching Gase's offense the last few years. I hope they throw the ball downfield more than they showed in the preseason.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Goff was handed the opportunity to beat out Keenum and didn't come close. I feel Keenum deserves the job and is better for this team right now. I'm not the least bit angry with giving him this year to develop on the practice field and watch.

WestCoastRam

Legend
To be fair, aside from Gurley, most - if not all our starters - on offense are 2s and 3s on other teams. ;)

PARAM

Hall of Fame
To be fair, aside from Gurley, most - if not all our starters - on offense are 2s and 3s on other teams. ;)

Are you including the OL and TE's? Kendricks has been behind the big money guy Cook and now as the #1, he looks pretty good. The O line has looked good also, Last year some and this preseason. Having said that, the preseason games are important in the evaluation process but they see him (Goff) with the 1's in practice much more and maybe he doesn't look as good as he needs to be there. .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He looked good on his first series when he played with the 1's, right?
Then his game went to crap when he played behind the #2 oline
Point being, the ship has sailed regarding Keenum playing any time soon, however I am deeply concerned at our depth. I expected to see some big improvement from the oline and it looked pretty bad

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I really don't care who they start at QB anymore, as long as its the right man for the job. However, I'm disappointed that we gave up so much for Goff (basically 2 years worth of elite drafting). It would be nice to see him start and to develop not the team's talisman, the QB that everyone hopes he could be.

I'm just really concerned (as ever) that the Rams can not develop the QB position at all.

Q729

Legend
They are carefully planning the rise of the Rams to coincide with the opening of the new stadium. That's all that matters to them.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
well, one thing is pretty certain in my mind. I do not think the staff will start Goff for the rest of the season unless...
a) keenum is injured
b) keenum loses 3 straight games

Or:
c) Goff improves immensely.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Sadly, there will be a lot of second guessing on the trade. Most people feel if you give up that much to get a quarterback, he better be your starter from day one. Its quite possible we'll forget all about this preseason in 3 years from how. But the wolves are going to be pounding on Fisher's door. Keenum better make them a playoff team.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
They are carefully planning the rise of the Rams to coincide with the opening of the new stadium. That's all that matters to them.
I really think there is a lot of truth in that statement.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The Rams should have threw a pile of money at Martz to teach Goff and install his system with Boras. Maybe it wouldn't have lasted more than a year or two but I trust Martz developing a QB.

There was quote from Groh saying the NFL is a short passing league. I didn't expect that after watching Gase's offense the last few years. I hope they throw the ball downfield more than they showed in the preseason.
Your reading my mind.
Martz is one of the best at developing QB's.
I'd be on the phone with him this morning after what I saw last night.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Not sure there's a way for that to happen with reduced snaps, and if Mannion is #2, he'll get virtually none

Mannion might be number 2 now, but Goff will certainly get more practice reps than him. I believe that the plan right now would be to hope that Goff improves enough to be ready to start after the bye week against Carolina.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mannion might be number 2 now, but Goff will certainly get more practice reps than him. I believe that the plan right now would be to hope that Goff improves enough to be ready to start after the bye week against Carolina.

I don't think they are going to randomly switch the starting quarterback based practice reps during the regular season. They kind of have to commit to a guy.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How bad will it look if Goff is in street clothes for MNF ? It's not like he came into a situation like Rodgers did . I'm concerned.