Somewhat OT-Ogbonnaya

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Ogbonnaya has another pretty good day for Cleveland today. Makes me wonder if we gave him enough of a chance. I know that you can usually tell with RBs how good they will be right off the bat, but maybe he just needed a chance.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
With many players that the Rams gave up on..he was one I did not want to see go.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Hindsight is 20/20. IMO we were right to give up on him. I didnt really think he flashed anything special.

Before today he was averaging 3.7 yards per carry with 2 fumbles in 4 games. So I dont know if he has been particularly effective for Cleveland. I think given the opportunity( a full workload) any borderline NFL talent will put up some yards.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm not sad he left the Rams, I mean really what was his upside? Be the backup for Jackson till we draft a new #1 guy and then be the 3rd back till Jackson retires and then be a backup again?

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
ljramsfan said:
With many players that the Rams gave up on..he was one I did not want to see go.

He had a very good opportunity last year since we didnt do much to add RB depth and he had his chance to make the roster but he wasnt good in preseason. We ended up with Darby and Toston as backups. Now hes getting an opportunty to do something because Cleveland has injuries at the RB position. Good for him.

cfin5256

Rookie
The more curious emergence in my mind is Laurent Robinson. He has been extremely valuable to the Cowboys. I know he was an injury casualty here but I'm impressed with the way he's taking advantage of his opportunity.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
cfin5256 said:
The more curious emergence in my mind is Laurent Robinson. He has been extremely valuable to the Cowboys. I know he was an injury casualty here but I'm impressed with the way he's taking advantage of his opportunity.

Yeah im just glad has isnt doing that for one of our division rivals, but its nice seeing him perform well. Hes not going out there and getting a lot of catches each game, hes getting TDs, and yes we could have needed that production lol. He hasnt looked that solid since he first came here in 09.

San Diego also picked him up and cut him after us so im sure some of their fans are probably wishing they kept him.

cfin5256

Rookie
JdashSTL said:
cfin5256 said:

Yeah im just glad has isnt doing that for one of our division rivals, but its nice seeing him perform well. Hes not going out there and getting a lot of catches each game, hes getting TDs, and yes we could have needed that production lol. He hasnt looked that solid since he first came here in 09.

San Diego also picked him up and cut him after us so im sure some of their fans are probably wishing they kept him.

I won't lie, I've been having visions of Sam hitting him behind the defense. :p

He seems to have regained the step he lost from the injury.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
cfin5256 said:
JdashSTL said:
cfin5256 said:

Yup. Its interesting how things worked out for him. The Cowboys signed him because they had injuries to their WR corps and needed depth (I think). Looking back, it still would have been very difficult for him to make the team. When he was with the Chargers he didnt put up any production till the last preseason game. That was when the questions started on us cutting him.

bluecoconuts

Legend
JdashSTL said:
cfin5256 said:
JdashSTL said:
cfin5256 said:

Yup. Its interesting how things worked out for him. The Cowboys signed him because they had injuries to their WR corps and needed depth (I think). Looking back, it still would have been very difficult for him to make the team. When he was with the Chargers he didnt put up any production till the last preseason game. That was when the questions started on us cutting him.

I think he's getting a lot of help from the fact defenses look more at Dez Bryant and Miles Austin and Jason Witten than they do at him. He's probably the least of most of the defenses worries, so he gets open more.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Theres something about training with Fitz too. LR went to train with him in the off season.