Something to ponder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As we see some draft picks signing I began to wonder. In years past we knew Fisher made the rookies go through the off season program for them fully before signing them. It seemed to work pretty good we didn't have any problems with contracts they all signed and all signed on the same day. We have very rarely had any issues with rookies and behavior problems even with Fishers habit of drafting kids with some off field issues. All that said do you think we'll follow the Fisher path or will we start signing them now? This is probably one of the very few area's where I didn't criticize Fisher. His was was a bit strange but we've seen other teams follow a similar model and it seemed to be good and educational for the kids especially the comments we heard about bringing the million dollars in the room and start taking away money for everything they had to pay. It was an eye opener for these kids.

Thoughts?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Was this under Fisher's purview or Snoff (Snead/Demoff for the uninitiated) ?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Was this under Fisher's purview or Snoff (Snead/Demoff for the uninitiated) ?

@OldSchool is correct this something Fisher set up in Tennessee and carried it over when he took over the Rams...The contracts were always signed late and the rookies went through financial planning and they also informed them as to what places to stay away from in the area as well. Hopefully the Rams will continue to offer this service to the rookies as I believe this was something that was beneficial under the Fisher regime.

Last edited:

Zero

Pro Bowler
As we see some draft picks signing I began to wonder. In years past we knew Fisher made the rookies go through the off season program for them fully before signing them. It seemed to work pretty good we didn't have any problems with contracts they all signed and all signed on the same day. We have very rarely had any issues with rookies and behavior problems even with Fishers habit of drafting kids with some off field issues. All that said do you think we'll follow the Fisher path or will we start signing them now? This is probably one of the very few area's where I didn't criticize Fisher. His was was a bit strange but we've seen other teams follow a similar model and it seemed to be good and educational for the kids especially the comments we heard about bringing the million dollars in the room and start taking away money for everything they had to pay. It was an eye opener for these kids.

Thoughts?
Remember on Seinfeld when George starting doing the exact opposite
of what he would normally do,and things finally started going right for him.
Yeah....that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Fish did a good job with all that, but different strokes and all that. I do believe that treating your guys like adults has good return too, provided the ones that cross the line are held accountable immediately.

Only concern I have with McVay is how he's gonna handle it when/if a good player starts showing attitude. He's smart, he's Mr. Personality and very good at coming up with the answers. I believe in the guy. But how's he gonna react when one of these guys crosses the line? That's gonna be a big moment for him.