Something Our Last 4 First Rounders Have in Common

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It was a common theme leading up to the draft on ROD of how Fisher loves drafting players high with "Freakish" athletic ability. That rings all too true with our last 4 first round picks.

Austin- Not many players better in space than this guy. Elite speed and quickness.

Ogletree- Very athletically gifted LB'er. His closing speed in coverage and in the open field was evident all season.

Robinson- A 332 pound athlete. Need I say more?

Donald- His athletic ability shined at the combine and on tape. If he would have been 2 inches talker and 15 pounds heavier, we may have picked him at #2, not kidding. His size is why he fell, thank God. ;)

I will be looking hard at raw, freakish athletes, that might make it to 32 next year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
+1 That's been their M.O. from the get-go.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I will be looking hard at raw, freakish athletes, that might make it to 32 next year.

:D Cagey prediction, my friend. I like it

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They're really stacking this roster. It's amazing when you look at it vs just a couple short years ago, every single position has strong talent and depth now. The secondary needed infusion quicker than they expected with the way Finnegan fell off last year, but they certainly have loaded every position with talent.

When you compare this roster against a lot of teams they come out looking very good. It HAS to start showing on gameday soon imo.

FRO

Legend
Demoff said they draft upside feeling their coaches can coach them up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Boudreau has his work to do with Robinson. He has the natural tools you want, but he needs work. As for Donald, he is a freak who has polish to his game. I can't believe that guy was there at 13.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Demoff said they draft upside feeling their coaches can coach them up. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Boudreau has his work to do with Robinson. He has the natural tools you want, but he needs work. As for Donald, he is a freak who has polish to his game. I can't believe that guy was there at 13.

Me neither, man.

Beckham and Ebron over Donald... wow.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The last five guys, you mean. Brockers has freakishly long 36" arms at 6'5", 322 lbs., was regarded as a top athlete at his position at LSU, and it was primarily his upside that got him drafted. I expect a huge breakout season from him.

A55VA6

Legend
We've definitely got some freak athletes on this team. I'm excited!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The last five guys, you mean. Brockers has freakishly long 36" arms at 6'5", 322 lbs., was regarded as a top athlete at his position at LSU, and it was primarily his upside that got him drafted. I expect a huge breakout season from him.

Count Chris Long on the "Break Out" list, too.