Something Interesting I heard on the Radio

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
While driving to work early this morning I was channel surfing when I heard 98.7 The Jock making football picks. They had some interesting stuff on there. (One was they believe the Chiefs can get back in it and so on.) I was fortunate enough to get their take on the Rams game.

I mainly was wanting to hear what they had to say. As you all know, there has been a bit of a buzz going on since Keenum was named the starter Sunday. Here are a couple of interesting things they had to say on the Rams.

-One of the men said talking to a coach, of whom was never named, the coach said the Rams are very close. (Surprised to hear that after the two let down games.)

Meat and Potatos

-This same coach stated back in training camp that Case Keenum was the best QB on the team. However, the Rams were going to roll with Foles due all that it took to get him and his contract extension.

If true, that's pretty shocking. I can't fault Fisher for rolling with Foles, but to say Keenum is the best QB on the team back in camp? It makes sense because Foles was still building chemistry and learning the offense, but it could very well be that Keenum was ways better.

Just crazy

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
This may very well be true. At this point I hope so because if it is, we have a chance however slim to run the table.

jjab360

Legend
Keenum was probably the better QB in preseason tbh, but I thought that was just because he was more familiar with the offense and going up against weaker competition. I can't really speak on TC, though.

I think he has a shot to be an average QB, and even average QB play would probably make us one of the best teams in the league with our defense and running game. Or at least that's what I'd like to say but I don't really know what to think considering we weren't really that good in either one of those phases against the Bears.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Stupid question but this coach, was he from our staff or another team's staff?

Thanks

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The only thing that can save this season is for Keenum to be the better fit in the system and hence takes of with the offense. A long shot but the only one we have.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I've maintained that Foles was any thing but impressive throughout training camp. Many of the issues that have surfaced were present in the day to day drills Of camp.

In what is basically glorified flag football passing drills during camp, he continually held the ball too long. I've said it since early in camp, when his first read is there and he can get the ball out on time he can air all the throws. While I think he tends to try to out too much "touch" on many of his throws he has the arm strength when he wants to just let it fly.

As to Keenum....... His understanding of the system may have given him an advantage. But I think overall, he looks to get rid of the ball much quicker than Foles. He antIcipates routes better and has the ability to throw to a spot rather than waiting for the receiver to come out of his break before releasing the ball.

Informing am very interested in seeing how it impacts the offense as I'm sure everyone else is. But I will not be surprised if there isn't dramatic improvement. Especially with regards to guys like Quick, Britt and Welker.

Austin and Cook may see their targets decreased as the routes should be more available.

Rainram

Starter
I've maintained that Foles was any thing but impressive throughout training camp. Many of the issues that have surfaced were present in the day to day drills Of camp.

In what is basically glorified flag football passing drills during camp, he continually held the ball too long. I've said it since early in camp, when his first read is there and he can get the ball out on time he can air all the throws. While I think he tends to try to out too much "touch" on many of his throws he has the arm strength when he wants to just let it fly.

As to Keenum....... His understanding of the system may have given him an advantage. But I think overall, he looks to get rid of the ball much quicker than Foles. He antIcipates routes better and has the ability to throw to a spot rather than waiting for the receiver to come out of his break before releasing the ball.

Informing am very interested in seeing how it impacts the offense as I'm sure everyone else is. But I will not be surprised if there isn't dramatic improvement. Especially with regards to guys like Quick, Britt and Welker.

Austin and Cook may see their targets decreased as the routes should be more available.

I know we're talking QBs here...and I'm interested in seeing what Keenum can do...BUT...

I have some serious OLine concerns. Hope that improves quickly and dramatically.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I've always felt Keenum was the best QB. Now, unfortunately, he'll be playing behind an inexperienced, 2nd string line, pretty much. At least Keenum has mobility, but I wish he was, at least playing with the guys, before the rash of injuries.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks CoachO. I was hoping you'd chime in because I know you was at camp and have reported Foles's struggles very early.

A55VA6

Legend

I suppose that's a good thing Keenum looks to rid of the ball quicker, because I'm a bit nervous about our OL.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Coach O thanks for the posts. You mentioned about Austin and Cooks targets decreasing, does that mean in your opinion that Quick and Britt get more targets or Welker.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
Anyone know what happened to that scout that said this is a Super Bowl team?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Coach O thanks for the posts. You mentioned about Austin and Cooks targets decreasing, does that mean in your opinion that Quick and Britt get more targets or Welker.
I think you're gonna see Keenum "see" those routes that Quck (dig & slant) and will be able to let Welker work the middle of the field.

I HOPE we cut down on the bubble screens or at least limit them to one or two a game. Rather than one per series.

jap

Legend
All we need is to have Case at minimum show good rapport with all the fly guys under pressure. If he can deflect some of the onerous keying on the TGII/Tavon dynamic duo, that will allow the Horns O to strive. Anything beyond that is sweet gravy. Case's ability to improvise with his legs adds to his effectiveness.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Keenum loves the short routes. I don't wanna harp on Foles because you won't find a better person of leader, but he doesn't read the defense fast enough to throw short routes. He does a great job of making a snap throw on screens and locating that ball but he doesn't have to read D's on that play.