Some questions about pending ‘20 Ram UFA’s after watching 5 games...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Re-sign Cory Littleton & Greg Zuerlein.

Unless we suddenly start hearing some great news about David Long, I'm currently leaning towards re-signing Talib to a 1 year contract and letting Fowler, Brockers & Peters walk.

Fowler will be replaced by either Obo or Jachai Polite.

My #1 Free Agent goal is Washington RG Brandon Scherff.

Looking at trading down our 2020 First Round Draft pick and selecting both Alabama CB Trevon Diggs & Auburn DE/DT Nick Coe in the 2'nd, picking up an early 3'rd round pick, although may have to move up for our second 2'nd round draft pick.

Purchase an inexpensive free agent ILB and draft another in the mid rounds to compete with Kiser, Reeder & Patrick. Hager walks in free agency.

With our remaining draft picks, select a second CB, a second DT, an OLineman, and a late round WR to replace free agent Mike Thomas.

Now near $45mil. in expected CAP space, the Rams have some decent options. jmo.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think we see some retooling in the winter of 2020. But talk about turnover, look at Dallas. 41% of their starters are ufa’s this winter. I can imagine the Rams aren’t far behind.

Actually the Rams are among the leaders for homegrown talent and that number will go up after Peters, Talib, Whitworth, Blythe, and Fowler, who all could likely leave this year.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Re-sign Cory Littleton & Greg Zuerlein.

Unless we suddenly start hearing some great news about David Long, I'm currently leaning towards re-signing Talib to a 1 year contract and letting Fowler, Brockers & Peters walk.

Fowler will be replaced by either Obo or Jachai Polite.

My #1 Free Agent goal is Washington RG Brandon Scherff.

Looking at trading down our 2020 First Round Draft pick and selecting both Alabama CB Trevon Diggs & Auburn DE/DT Nick Coe in the 2'nd, picking up an early 3'rd round pick, although may have to move up for our second 2'nd round draft pick.

Purchase an inexpensive free agent ILB and draft another in the mid rounds to compete with Kiser, Reeder & Patrick. Hager walks in free agency.

With our remaining draft picks, select a second CB, a second DT, an OLineman, and a late round WR to replace free agent Mike Thomas.

Now near $45mil. in expected CAP space, the Rams have some decent options. jmo.
Big Yes Sir I am very big on making veteran OG Brandon Scherff a top priority this off season! A 4 to 5 year deal would be my suggestion & team him with Baby Huey on that right side.
1570803518335.png

Opps I mean Rob Havenstein on that right side. See if that can reverse the degrading play of our most experienced OL remaining for 2020.

I have totally changed my thoughts on signing 34 yr old corner Aqib Talib for 2020. His play this season has been mediocre & his tackling even worse. I seen nothing in five games that would lead me to see a need for more of the same in 2020.

I fully expect to see 28 yr old Troy Hill seeing more & more defensive snaps as this season wears on. By the way that's not a positive either. Hill was signed as a bridge stop gap starter for 2020 while these youngins learn.

Outside rookie David Long is a very raw but talented boundary CB who is the Rams the youngest player. I expect him to get caught up to speed by the end of this season. River if we recall where Wade was playing this rookie corner in his last two preseason games ???? It was in the Nickel post. Not a position this Boundary CB should be lining up in.

If Snead is still concerned with the youthful corner cadre he has signed in 2020 & he desires another veteran to play with veteran NRC & Troy Hill in 2020... besides Long, Williams or Deayon then he should turn his sights on young veteran outside corner UFA James Bradberry & wave Peters & Talib goodbye.

I can also see where Snead could let OLB Fowler depart too if the bidding war escalates on him & just settle for a awarded comp selection from it in 2021. Wade & Snead should have Matthews, Ebukam, Okoronkwo, Polite, Lawler, Patrick & Durham all available. So there is no need to spend chunks of salary cap in this ER/OLB'er position.

With DE Brockers UFA'cy....RFA DE Morgan Fox is a priority sign for a 2 yr deal along with 5 tech Marquise Copeland. I can see several 5 tech DE's being drafted in our next draft if Copeland does not shine.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I can also see where Snead could let OLB Fowler depart too if the bidding war escalates on him & just settle for a awarded comp selection from it in 2021. Wade & Snead should have Matthews, Ebukam, Okoronkwo, Polite, Lawler, Patrick & Durham all available. So there is no need to spend chunks of salary cap in this ER/OLB'er position.

Don't forget to add Josh Carraway to that list ...

:cool:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Don't forget to add Josh Carraway to that list ...:cool:
I have commented on this before but with so much talent stocked up here on the edge..... It would not be surprised if Wade gives the 6-2 260 pound Og Okoronkwo plenty of Snaps @ the DL 5-tech post in the near future.