Some Notes from Alden Gonzalez

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Alden Gonzalez
ESPN Staff Writer

[www.espn.com]

Mark Barron has played a hybrid linebacker/safety position in the past, but will strictly be a linebacker for Wade Phillips. "He's really instinctive," Phillips said. "He's got great speed, and we can utilize his coverage ability at linebacker. It gives you more options as far as things you want to do defensively. If you get a guy like that who can cover people, then we're going to utilize that."

Willowy rookie receiver Josh Reynolds says he's at 193 pounds and wants to get somewhere between 200 and 205. "I think that'll be a great weight for me to still be able to move the way I can and then for me to have more strength."

New offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur, on his impressions of Jared Goff: "I'll be honest with you, I think he's a little more accurate than I anticipated. That got me excited."

New defensive coordinator Wade Phillips, on working with Sean McVay: "He has a clear purpose of how he wants to handle the team, what he wants to do with them." ...

Rams rookie OLB Samson Ebukam, on his first impressions of defensive coordinator Wade Phillips: "I thought he was going to be a hard ass. Because he's an old dude, you know what I'm saying? He's an old dude, and I thought he was just going to be one of those hard-ass dudes that's just like, 'Do this, do this, do this.' But he's chill, man."

TE Gerald Everett, the 44th overall pick, on his first day: "It's a change of pace, but I feel like I handled it extremely well and cut it loose today."

The Rams want Tavon Austin to be more of a downfield threat, so I asked Sean McVay if he's seen anything on tape to indicate that he can become that. Here's what he said ...

Rams coach Sean McVay, on rookie camp standouts: "I thought Cooper Kupp showed why we like him so much. Savvy, he's a polished route runner, good aggressive hands."

Rams rookie safety John Johnson, a third-round pick out of Boston College: "I didn't think the weather was going to be like this, but it's not too hot, not too cold. It's beautiful." It really is.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, God save the freaking Queen, sending Austin deep as opposed from sideline to sideline, what a novel concept that the prior coaching staff could not grasp.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LOL Love Ebukam's quote on Wade haha

Wade's a true Texan, mild mannered and if you had asked any one of us, who would be our first choice to be Defensive Coordinator most of us would have wanted Wade Phillips. Funny in all my years of playing, Coaching and even working, I don't think anyone has ever referred to me as "chill" in any shape, way or form.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Well, God save the freaking Queen, sending Austin deep as opposed from sideline to sideline, what a novel concept that the prior coaching staff could not grasp.
987ff87b4625ab141301c43227b80a7e.gif