Softli identifies who's to blame for Sunday's Rams defeat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Gets you wondering about the db's coaching! And why do the refs let wideouts like Boldin get away with illegal use of hands.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I'm not a big Softli fan so take my comments with that in mind.

He blames Walton for the loss IMO. He said the 6 yard cushions on a 4.6 WR killed us and I have to agree. I'm not sure that's what cost us the game but I have no idea why we play so soft in our secondary. At worst it made it terribly difficult to remain competitive. If anyone can tell me the logic of playing 6 yards off when they need five for the first down I'd love to hear it.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I blame Nestlé for making Butterfingers, Patrick Willis for scaring our offense, and and Davis/Boldin's taunts for our secondary imploding early and often. Then there's always the zebras...

had

Rookie
The Rams just aren't there yet. But it's much better than it has been. That game could easily have been a rout for the niners in recent years.

In my opinion, it was always going to be a defensive struggle, and so the plays on O have more meaning, count for more.

Rams WRs/TEs drop a few balls, the niners have taken the run away, and their WRs/TEs make a few plays/hurdle our safety, and there you go. That's it.

The Rams took away their run, but their receivers made plays. Ours didn't.

The end.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Rams just aren't there yet. But it's much better than it has been. That game could easily have been a rout for the niners in recent years.

In my opinion, it was always going to be a defensive struggle, and so the plays on O have more meaning, count for more.

Rams WRs/TEs drop a few balls, the niners have taken the run away, and their WRs/TEs make a few plays/hurdle our safety, and there you go. That's it.

The Rams took away their run, but their receivers made plays. Ours didn't.

The end.

I agree with this assesment. To me it is too easy to say the refs screwed us. I think there were two bad calls. The Rams did their usual bit to keep the drives alive for SF….and of course the failed fake punt set up a one play TD drive. SF is not their either. 1-4 vs teams with winning records and I dont see Kap doing anything vs. a good D in a playoff game. Seattle is the odds on favorite to win the NFC and rightfully so. The distance seperating the Rams, Seattle and SF is not that great anymore.
Right now the Rams are not striking fear into anyone with the passing game, ok, so be it. The pass D will have to get better whether the issue is talent or scheme it needs to get better.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Playing so far back in the secondary and allowing the easy, quick, short throws negates the pass rush because a pass rush has no time to develop.

I have never seen the wide nine scheme work successfully either. Every team that I recall deploying it had trouble stopping the run.

…..

Legend
well....to me its a little shortsighted. Walton doesn't run the offense and last I checked we only had 6 points until garbage time. Typical agenda driven stuff from Softli if you ask me.