Softli: Austin will be there at 16, and probably even 22

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Around 7:30 into this interview...

[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2013/04/04042013111924.mp3[/rp3]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.101sports.com/templates/audio_player.php?a=13962&type=s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.101sports.com/templates/audi ... 962&type=s</a>

A55VA6

Legend
Re: Softli: Austin will be there at 16, and probably even 2

I can kind of agree, but I think a team that wants a playmaker will look at Austin immediately and make a move for him. He's either going to be one of the most explosive players in the league, or not. The reward of drafting him could be massive. I still say if he's there at 16.. you really gotta consider it. you have to.

RamsNation

Rookie

We cannot leave it to chance,If he is their at 16 we must draft him.This is a game changing pick for this offense,we need playmakers and he is just that.If we have him our offense will be entirely different,defenses will have a hard time matching up with him in the slot and Cook.Plus Givens and Quick on the outside??Getting him will change our offenses and will lead to maximizing Bradford's talents to the full potential.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

RamsNation said:
We cannot leave it to chance,If he is their at 16 we must draft him.This is a game changing pick for this offense,we need playmakers and he is just that.If we have him our offense will be entirely different,defenses will have a hard time matching up with him in the slot and Cook.Plus Givens and Quick on the outside??Getting him will change our offenses and will lead to maximizing Bradford's talents to the full potential.

Those are all what I call consumable assumptions. He could do all that or he could come in and not fit in due to the gimmicky spread offense he played in college its a 50 50 coin flip no guarentee

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

I think I'm the only guy that doesn't see the attraction with Patterson - he's more raw than Quick, and do we need another WR that's going to be on the sidelines - I don't want the Rams to become a pre-NFL training ground.

I also have my reservations with Austin, but if they're both available, I'd go with the mercurial talent of Austin rather than the Rabbit in the headlights of Patterson.

jap

Legend

shaunpinney said:
I think I'm the only guy that doesn't see the attraction with Patterson - he's more raw than Quick, and do we need another WR that's going to be on the sidelines - I don't want the Rams to become a pre-NFL training ground.

I also have my reservations with Austin, but if they're both available, I'd go with the mercurial talent of Austin rather than the Rabbit in the headlights of Patterson.

You're not the only one by a long shot. We already have a project at WR, and I don't see the need to grab another. If this is Sam's showcase season then he needs playmakers who can contribute effectively right NOW.

A55VA6

Legend

Rabid Ram said:
RamsNation said:

Those are all what I call consumable assumptions. He could do all that or he could come in and not fit in due to the gimmicky spread offense he played in college its a 50 50 coin flip no guarentee
There's ways to give him the ball and let him do his thing in open space. Plus at WV I saw him do slants, go routes, Posts, all these things and he would look really good making tough catches in traffic. He's not 1 dimensional

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

A55VA6 said:
Rabid Ram said:
RamsNation said:

There's ways to give him the ball and let him do his thing in open space. Plus at WV I saw him do slants, go routes, Posts, all these things and he would look really good making tough catches in traffic. He's not 1 dimensional

He may not be we dont know how he will turn out in the pros yet but I woulf like to see us use our 2 first rounders to shore up our trenchs or our defense people who would play nearly every snap on there side of the ball. This is a good "depth" filling draft no real standouts we just have to snag up.

I belive we should use this draft as just that and shore up and build quality depth rather then taking a shot on Austin jmho

A55VA6

Legend

Rabid Ram said:
A55VA6 said:
Rabid Ram said:
RamsNation said:

He may not be we dont know how he will turn out in the pros yet but I woulf like to see us use our 2 first rounders to shore up our trenchs or our defense people who would play nearly every snap on there side of the ball. This is a good "depth" filling draft no real standouts we just have to snag up.

I belive we should use this draft as just that and shore up and build quality depth rather then taking a shot on Austin jmho
Yeah I totally understand what you're saying. I'm not 100% all in for Austin, but I do like him ALOT. I'm a little unsure about Patterson but I like him. I would be very happy with Justin Hunter too.

And of course there's a few guys outside of the WR position I would take over Austin if available.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

I would be happy with hunter or stedman Bailey or both lol

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

Rabid Ram said:
A55VA6 said:
Rabid Ram said:
RamsNation said:

100% with you, this draft we should not be shooting for WR's with our top picks. We picked up 2 receivers last year, those guys need to develop and we signed a receiving TE with big money. This year’s draft has a lot of talent in all the places we have holes, they should be filled.
I think we should go after a receiver next year if Quick or Givens do not start picking it up, I wouldn’t mind seeing Jordan Matthews or Cody Hoffman next year getting signed with high picks but not this year.

Edit: Totaly forgot to mention I'm a huge fan of Givens after last year he killed it. I think he will be fine in the NFL. I hope Quick makes progress.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

LosAngelesRams said:
Rabid Ram said:
A55VA6 said:
Rabid Ram said:
RamsNation said:

100% with you, this draft we should not be shooting for WR's with our top picks. We picked up 2 receivers last year, those guys need to develop and we signed a receiving TE with big money. This year’s draft has a lot of talent in all the places we have holes, they should be filled.
I think we should go after a receiver next year if Quick or Givens do not start picking it up, I wouldn’t mind seeing Jordan Matthews or Cody Hoffman next year getting signed with high picks but not this year.

Edit: Totaly forgot to mention I'm a huge fan of Givens after last year he killed it. I think he will be fine in the NFL. I hope Quick makes progress.

Yea this draft is skill player weak but depth strong. What some people forget is we are rebuilding a severly broken team and rebuilding is about progress and development not instant gratification. It is going to take this draft and next to get strong again totaly. But when finished building on development and progress is what builds a competitive team and a quality team.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor

No Julio Jones this draft :cry:

jap

Legend

RamsSince1969 said:
No Julio Jones this draft :cry:

Of course, we may have our own Julio already if Brian breaks out this season. :cool:

A55VA6

Legend

Quick reminds me of T.O for some reason.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

A55VA6 said:
One can hope he gets to that level of cockiness.

Seriously.

I hope he gets that confident at some point soon. I want my receiver to know in his heart that he's the best player on the field. T.O. knew that. Whether or not it was true, or whether or not you liked that about him is irrelevant. That dude produced. Quick already resembles him in a lot of ways. That's great and all, but I want him to have that level of confidence. The rest will fall into place.

A55VA6

Legend

I agree. Quick has high potential. I have hopes that he really breaks out this year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

jap said:
shaunpinney said:

You're not the only one by a long shot. We already have a project at WR, and I don't see the need to grab another. If this is Sam's showcase season then he needs playmakers who can contribute effectively right NOW.

I haven't read any posts past this one, yet. Good point, jap.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

A55VA6 said:

Me too. We can only hope at this point.