So who's got the perfect burger recipe?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hmmm?

And/or a great chicken recipe.
Looking to try some new stuff.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
These are my "superbowl" burgers. Grandfather first made them for me and havent been able to sit these bacon stuffed cheese bugers down. Figured id shared my grandmothers tes might as well add this

1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 large onion diced
1/4 pound chopped, crisp cooked bacon 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 tablespoon beer

Combine bacon, onion, cheddar cheese and set aside.
Combine beef, season salt and beer, mix thoroughly
shape into 6 thin patties.
Put bacon/onion/cheese mixture on 3 patties.
Top with remaining patties and press edges to seal.
Grill, broil or pan fry until well done, about 4 minutes per side.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Dude said:
Hmmm?

And/or a great chicken recipe.
Looking to try some new stuff.

Did I send you any of our Blueberry Sage sauce? We do a burger here called the Blueberry Thrill. Pretty simple - though we do grind our own burgers out of whole chuck 70% and sirloin 30%.

Start with good whole cut burger that is ground to order (coarse) and the meat is NEVER frozen (a must). ANY burger just starts out better that way. Our Blueberry Thrill is very simple. Grill the burger with a light sprinkling of our Chipotle Rub (I can get you more if you need), add thick bacon and a slice of good Swiss cheese. Put that on a bun and drizzle our Blueberry Sage sauce over it. Lettuce, tomato, red onion, (no effing pickle!!!) a bit of mayo. Messy but fucking awesome.

Coarse burger ends up more like a tender steak. Careful because if you have the butcher do a lean ground, it will also cook faster and dry out if you over cook it. One of the reasons Chuck is a good base.

Gots tons of chicken recipes. I do an Orange Basil marinade on chicken thighs with a honey glaze that will knock your socks off. If you're looking for sandwiches though, let me know.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The best hamburger I ever had was at a place called O'Connell's Pub in St. Louis. I always loved their burgers then when I turned 16 I began to work there. I realize why their hamburgers are the best...they simply use the best ingredients. They would start chunks of sirloin, high quality, which they ground on site. They did not add bread crumbs or anything else for filler. Then the ingredients they do use are always fresh. If tomatoes aren't in season, you couldn't get them.

A while back (over 15 years ago now) the New York Times toured the country looking for the best hamburgers. They decided O'Connell's was the best. Since the last time I was there they still have the quotation on their matches: "the best hamburgers in the world". I don't know if others around the country have passed them, but they are still the best I ever had.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rabid Ram said:
These are my "superbowl" burgers. Grandfather first made them for me and havent been able to sit these bacon stuffed cheese bugers down. Figured id shared my grandmothers tes might as well add this

1/2 pounds ground beef
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 large onion diced
1/4 pound chopped, crisp cooked bacon 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 tablespoon beer

Combine bacon, onion, cheddar cheese and set aside.
Combine beef, season salt and beer, mix thoroughly
shape into 6 thin patties.
Put bacon/onion/cheese mixture on 3 patties.
Top with remaining patties and press edges to seal.
Grill, broil or pan fry until well done, about 4 minutes per side.

I'm a big fan of traditional hamburgers.

But for something creative my suggestion is very similar to Rabid's;

---
Combine ground beef with spices (like seasoned salt, pepper, or mccormicks) and 2 table spoons of beer.

Make thin patties. Very thin.

Place bacon, slice of cheese, onion on 1 patty. Place a 2nd patty on top and seal the edges.

Grill. Don't get flip-happy too quick. These patties are thin and fragile until cooked.

The cheese and bacon does an amazing job making these among the juiciest burgers you'll ever have.

Experiment with other ways to make your thin patties. My brother in law mixes in onion soup to his patties. That's tasty too.
---

But... back to traditional hamburgers;

It's all about the meat. You want to blow away your taste buds and have friends talking about YOUR hamburgers... Do this;

Have your butcher make you some hamburger out short ribs or chuck steaks. You can pick the meat out yourself. KEY TIP: 20-30% fat (closer to 30 the better).

If you tell him what you want (the best hamburger ever) he'll fix you up.

Grill them with traditional spices and customize them after cooking with your favorite toppings.

Your welcome! :lmao:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dang. Some good shit so far. Keep 'em comin'!

I have to admit that I don't have any butchers around here, or at least I don't know where they are. I just grab meat from the grocery store and make the burgers the same night (I never freeze meat). What I like to do is kinda "roll" the meat out (flatten it) on a piece of wax paper and add all of my spices on top (all-spice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt/pepper). Then I "fold" the meat over on itself and use a pizza cutter to make about 4 nice size square burgers (like Wendy's makes). I cook on a flat top grill so that I don't lose any juices and the meat cooks in its own fat too. Just a preference of mine. In a separate pan I sautee onions, garlic and mushrooms in a little bit of beef broth. Once the burgers are done, I load 'em up with that and a slice of swiss.

Toasted onion roll - BOOM.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I love bold flavors in food. Some of my favorite foods are extremely unconventional and have unique flavor profiles. Burgers are a different animal tho. IMO, the best burgers are the ones made with great meat and seasoned properly with salt and pepper.

If you're looking to get away from just the basic burger and change it up a bit, I recommend making Juicy Lucys. Fairly simple concept. Just put cheese in the middle

29721_juicy_lucy_burger_620.jpg

I would experiment with toppings too. Egg buns, fried eggs, jalopenos, thick cut bacon, aioli

riseballs

UDFA
This is not on the burger topic, but I wanted to say I was born on the same day and hospital as THE DUDE Jeff Bridges. First Rams game 1959.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I've wanted to make a Juicy Lucy for a long time now, I'm thinking next time I grill out I'll try it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
riseballs said:
This is not on the burger topic, but I wanted to say I was born on the same day and hospital as THE DUDE Jeff Bridges. First Rams game 1959.

:lmao: Yeah, you couldn't have been more OFF topic! :lmao: