So when does the NFL get rid of the horsecollar block?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
You get a personal foul for horsecollar tackling a ball carrier, but it is ok for OL to horsecollar a DL that has beaten them on the play. Staley should have been called for so many horsecollar blocks that the whiners would have ended the game with negative yardage. I realise holding could be called on almost every play, but when the hold is directly responsible for the outcome of the play it has to be called.

I'm sure every team in the league has seen that as long as you hold Quinn on every play the refs will never call it. Yet if a Rams OL even looks like he may be holding and the play goes for 2 yards, there will be a flag.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Personally, I'd be tempted to be belligerent and just play the exact way they are playing us... let them keep calling holding against us until we're backed up. It keeps the down at first down. Who cares what the down is? Just keep the holding calls coming because what they call IS ON TAPE. Then, after about 10 or 15 straight holding calls, only then do you go after them with actual offense. And do it BEFORE the half so that the sideline reporter will ASK, "what the heck, coach?" And then you lay it on them... "they refuse to call holding on Robert Quinn, so we played them exactly as they played us and ya know, funny, they called us 15 straight holding calls. It's all on tape. In HD. Now you go ask the Refs to explain THAT, cuz I can't." And drop that huge flaming bag of poo on THEM.

I'm just freaking done. I mean if the refs are going to do this, I'd rebel and highlight what they're doing. I mean, the games ARE in HD. There are ways to showcase their hypocrisy. I'm so fed up, I'd do it. Screw it.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Personally, I'd be tempted to be belligerent and just play the exact way they are playing us... let them keep calling holding against us until we're backed up. It keeps the down at first down. Who cares what the down is? Just keep the holding calls coming because what they call IS ON TAPE. Then, after about 10 or 15 straight holding calls, only then do you go after them with actual offense. And do it BEFORE the half so that the sideline reporter will ASK, "what the heck, coach?" And then you lay it on them... "they refuse to call holding on Robert Quinn, so we played them exactly as they played us and ya know, funny, they called us 15 straight holding calls. It's all on tape. In HD. Now you go ask the Refs to explain THAT, cuz I can't." And drop that huge flaming bag of poo on THEM.

I'm just freaking done. I mean if the refs are going to do this, I'd rebel and highlight what they're doing. I mean, the games ARE in HD. There are ways to showcase their hypocrisy. I'm so fed up, I'd do it. Screw it.

I love this idea. I can see Jake Long just rippin dudes down by the collar and when he gets flagged just shrug his shoulders and say, I've been watching tape of how to stop the best pass rusher in the NFL and thought I'd try it on some scrub.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
We need to get this thread on Fishers desk before Sunday. Time for X to use his connections.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Suppose to be holding. If its forceful, personal foul.

I'd say the ones on Quinn last night were pretty forceful, he was forced to the ground right before he got around the corner to hit krapondick.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I believe if the QB is in the endzone and there is offensive holding it's a touchback. Only so long you can keep that up.

That being said I might still be in favor of it.

61Woody

UDFA
Name
Jeff
After seeing Quinn get face planted I'm thinking something aint right here.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Simple answer to your question - when the Rams are not on the field.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe if the QB is in the endzone and there is offensive holding it's a touchback. Only so long you can keep that up.

That being said I might still be in favor of it.
I think it might be a safety..

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Sadly, I think the answer is "when a defensive player is severely injured."

Can't expect Goodell to actually act before public opinion is roasting him, can you?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm sure every team in the league has seen that as long as you hold Quinn on every play the refs will never call it. Yet if a Rams OL even looks like he may be holding and the play goes for 2 yards, there will be a flag.
This is driving me absolutely Bug-Fuckin' nuts too!!

Fantastic Idea, I agree, E-Mail this to Fisher ASAP!!