So what's your GAME lineup consist of?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
As an old dude, and a guy who was christened by many hours of games like pong and asteroids in which I was actually entranced believe it or not, I have a deep and abiding love of video games, from computers to consoles.

So what are you playing?

Me:

On the computer front I always have a WoW account running. I just love RPG type games, where you build and invest in your character, from AD&D days when I was a youngun (quit before high school for obvious reasons lol), to Ultima Online where gankers would kill you and take your gold right outside the bank. Played EQ for years, what a great place in time that was, as well as DAoC. But WoW seems to be the game I simply cannot shake, as I can play remotely with family and friends while having a great time, and I am eagerly awaiting the expac in August. (y)

On the console front it's a tie between Mass Effect lineup & the Dragon Age series. Both are superb and if you haven't played them highly recommended. You would think they'd get old by now but they never do.

Of course I do like to queue up some Madden at times and lead the Rams to success. But for some reason the sports and racing games don't hook me the way they used to.

Anyway I'm curious what games I might be missing out on.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I play Runescape. It's not the best game in the world, but it has a WEALTH of content to keep you busy. Once my house in built in 5 months or so, I'm forking out a few grand for a renovated video arcade machine that has all of the classics built-in. Space Invaders, Missile Command, Asteroids, Galaga, Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Dig Dug, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Defender, etc., etc., etc. On consoles, I'm a Resident Evil, Elder Scrolls/Oblivion, Madden kinda guy. Unfortunately, after having come down with vertigo a few years ago, I'm finding it more and more difficult to play most console games. I get super nauseated real fast on certain ones. It blows.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
asteroids

Some friends and I back in the day were so good at Asteroids we kept score by how many times you could roll over the score or if you could peg it out at 99990 depending on how high we were or whatever.

I also loved Defender, Centipede (never liked Millipede), Galaga and Missile Command.

@-X- how big is the dashboard on that machine to accommodate all of the controllers for those games..........

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Some friends and I back in the day were so good at Asteroids we kept score by how many times you could roll over the score or if you could peg it out at 99990 depending on how high we were or whatever.

I also loved Defender, Centipede (never liked Millipede), Galaga and Missile Command.

@-X- how big is the dashboard on that machine to accommodate all of the controllers for those games..........
They changed the CRTV screens to LCD. A little bigger than the original.
uprightTB_ClassicArcade_freeShipping_3bc770f4-b475-4042-be4b-2c9422003c6c_600x600.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They changed the CRTV screens to LCD. A little bigger than the original.
uprightTB_ClassicArcade_freeShipping_3bc770f4-b475-4042-be4b-2c9422003c6c_600x600.jpg

First thing I thought of was "where is the ball going" and that pic shows that it's going to be a problem.

Unless the toggle knob can be removed it would be in the way.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Pokémon. I play console games on my 3DS, Pokémon hack games on my computer. I fell in love with this franchise when I was a kid, and it's never changed from there.

Mass Effect. I love RPGs, and this is one of the best. The characters are top notch. Currently playing Mass Effect: Andromeda, and I feel that it's an underrated addition to the series.

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor/War. One of the most addictive games I've come across. I love killing orcs and branding them to become loyal servants of mine.

Eventually, I'm going to try Biomutant when it comes out. I hope that it satisfies me.

fearsomefour

Legend
I play no video games.
I play a couple of board games, but, hard to find people to play them these days.....and they take forever.
The down time, bored time I would spend playing video games I spend reading and researching investing and other things.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I collect old video game promo stuff
Like this mini Zaxxon which i love

IMG_5138.JPG

* on the search for a Johnny mnemonic pinball machine. And the ever elusive Krull arcade machine

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I used to play a ton of games on my Commodore64 that were text-based and required critical thinking (of sorts) to advance the narrative. Zork, Adventureland, A Bard's Tale, etc. Those were so fun, that I occasionally run them on a simulator just to relive the memories.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mentioning the commodore brings back memories. Had a commodore vic 20 before the 64, and actually spent hours changing screen colors and stuff with the rudimentary code lol. Hard to believe lookin back.

Remember the word games? I loved those man, the text based ones "you are in a room, with two doors and a desk and wardrobe..." type stuff.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
All I heard was, "I'm scared."

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I play no video games.
I play a couple of board games, but, hard to find people to play them these days.....and they take forever.
The down time, bored time I would spend playing video games I spend reading and researching investing and other things.
I play board games too. This one has been going for about 5 years, in hiatus now, Avalon Hill's "Longest Day". Came out late 70's maybe early 80"s. Coincidentally today is June 6th.
(BTW Fearsome, ThanQ for the "redpill" in January, been following ever since then!)
6-6-18 003.JPG

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Diablo
Skyrim
Witcher
GTA
Final Fantasy
Borderlands
Doom
Bioshock
God of War

Whenever a new game comes out in any of those series i get it and play the fuck out of it.

fearsomefour

Legend
I play board games too. This one has been going for about 5 years, in hiatus now, Avalon Hill's "Longest Day". Came out late 70's maybe early 80"s. Coincidentally today is June 6th.
(BTW Fearsome, ThanQ for the "redpill" in January, been following ever since then!)
View attachment 25354
Nice!!
That game is a tough one. Played it a couple of times with my father.
Set aside a week and a half.....
There are some other ones I have enjoyed. It is harder and harder to get people to sit down for a board game like that....take planning, strategy etc.
You're welcome as well......ever forward.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh crap almost forgot the XComm series... XComm: UFO Defense was one of the best games of all time IMO. Played the F out of it too. You can actually buy it now, although the graphics are dated it's still got that turn-based play that is so addictive with the weird alien music. Also there's a new series out.

Whole series is about building your base, building your troops, and kickin some alien ASS. Fun stuff.