So, what’s left on Snead’s pre-draft ‘to do’ list?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
If you think Rams are done then you haven’t been paying attention.

Here’s what I’m hoping to see.

Rams finalize the extensions of AD and Kupp freeing up millions in available cap dollars. This is reportedly already in process as we speak.

Then Rams use those monies to sign or trade for a solid Edge player AND a solid (maybe better than solid) outside CB.

Followed by signing OBJ to a 3 year contract heavily incentive laden in his first year, of course.

If Rams can accomplish those 5 things I will not be able to stop smiling all the way to September.

Snead would be totally free to engage in an orgy of trades and plucking BPA’s to develop for ‘next year’ in the draft. And the never ending saga will continue.

We will be the envy of every other team in the NFL and I will LOVE that!

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Record his cover of the Pussycat Dolls’ hit with the altered lyric “Dontcha wish your GM had balls, like me? Dontcha wish your GM signed studs, like me?”

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If you think Rams are done then you haven’t been paying attention.

Then Rams use those monies to sign or trade for a solid Edge player AND a solid (maybe better than solid) outside CB.

Followed by signing OBJ to a 3 year contract heavily incentive laden in his first year, of course.

We will be the envy of every other team in the NFL and I will LOVE that!
I feel two free agents are going to be added before the draft so here are my predictions:

1. Melvin Ingram Edge....Just have a feeling about Ingram coming back to Los Angeles to provide some depth at edge while also giving some instruction to the likes of Chris Garrett, Justin Hollins & Terrell Lewis along with another draft choice too...Ingram same age as Miller plus with the rotation the Rams can keep him fresh for post season.

2. Bryce Callahan....Callahan is the clone of Darious Williams (Both 5'9 188lbs) plus being a former Bronco should understand the defensive scheme. Again gives the Rams another option at CB should not break the bank while solidifying the Secondary.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Melvin Ingram played 10 games and only posted 2 sack. Not sure that’s a good idea unless it’s a vet tryout. He would only be go for teaching the kids tho imho.

Re: CB I would preferred a tallish CB type. Need to be able have a 3rd option for height. Also need someone to push both Rochelle & Long for playing time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Edge and CB then we go back to back.
As long as there is value, don't reach on Edge if there is no value as that could be the case, but CB should be plentiful in value.

1648840660060.png

Last edited:

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Go big on Edge or cb. Get rest in what's left of draft. Trade for hunter if at all possible. Make room for another lombardi

MachS

Hall of Fame
As long as there is value, don't reach on Edge if there is no value as that could be the case, but CB should be plentiful in value.

View attachment 53321

Im fine with adding some rooks in the draft.. question is, if we can only choose one more decent FA option, do you want it to be edge or CB? At edge we have Hollins starting across from Flo. T Lewis a question mark that cant be counted on. Thats a pretty big hole IMO. At CB we have Rochelle/Dayeon/maybe Burgess in addition to Ramsey. Dont feel great about that depth but I think I'd rather grab a FA edge. Whats easier to find in round 3 & 4? A impact player at edge or CB? I'd say corner is easier to find in the mid rounds but who knows. Regardless I think we'll sign at least one more FA that will sort some things out for us.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we will be done after OBJ.

I also think we will draft two CBs, two EDGE, two OL, a RB and a P.

First two picks being CB and EDGE as those two depth players are most likely to see snaps

dang

Legend
Need a punter. Draft or FA (e.g. Corey Borgiourze)? I say FA.

Need 2 CBs. Draft 1 and 1 FA (e.g. Callahan).

Need an RB3. Resign Michel or Draft? I say R3/R4 draft pick.

OL. Draft 1-2. Keep Whit on speed dial.

Edge. Draft 1 and 1 FA (Hughes or Ingram).

TE. Draft a Blocking Machine.

WR. FA- Sign OBJ.

S. Draft 1. Keep Weddle on speed dial.

DL. FA - Sign Morgan Fox.

oldnotdead

Legend
Weddle has a job as Rancho Bernardo HS HC. Whit has a job mentoring Ram OL. Noteboom has 17 starts with most at LT. That is a season worth of experience. He has yet to allow a sack at LT. His one sack came as an OG a position he's never played in his life....one of Kromer's brilliant moves.

Michel is a proven commodity. The Rams wouldn't have made the Super Bowl without him.

They don't need another TE.

Everything points to a rookie punter.

The way Morris plays his secondary I'm not convinced they need another CB. If they do they need one at least 5'11" with 4.4 speed or better. CB is one of the more difficult for a rookie to play. The position is hugely technique dependent in ways they haven't been exposed to in college.

Morgan Fox isn't better than anyone they already have. He didn't have a good year in 2021. His play was marginal at best and he started 9 games. The same can be said for Hughes and Ingram with their age clearly showing.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The Edge rusher might not show up until October.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
Rams may wait for cuts following the draft.
As every year, some players will be cut once teams draft players to replace them.

These are usually lower cost vets from teams that are looking to the future.

No reason to overpay for those the few that are available now. Their prices will likely drop after the draft as well.
I don't see any must haves available.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River