So the OC position? The QB position?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm sorry, I need to talk actual football. I've been kinda in a daze the last few days, the Rams have been my go-to escape, now I need an escape from this relocation talk...

SO? Any thoughts about the coordinator search? Did DeFillipo turn is down? Any news? Want to talk draft?

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds good :)
yeah, I'm all for it.

Wentz over Lynch?

I haven't seen either play and I'm too busy at the moment to dig up scouting reports.
Give me the lowdown!

By the way, I'm giving it my all to stay with this team. I'll be damned if Kroenke takes that too. He can take the team from my state, he can't take it from my heart.
My blood bleeds blue and gold.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
We need to get a OC that will challenge Fisher and not let him play Fisherball.The Qb should come by way of FA instead of the draft we need experience now.The draft could get us a good WR and or MLB and DE.But at 15 were not getting Goff or Lynch unless we give up some premium picks.

Mick

Pro Bowler
We need to get a OC that will challenge Fisher and not let him play Fisherball.The Qb should come by way of FA instead of the draft we need experience now.The draft could get us a good WR and or MLB and DE.But at 15 were not getting Goff or Lynch unless we give up some premium picks.
agree....I just don't see Fisher resting his hopes of continuing to coach the Rams on a rookie QB....has to be a vet, or else another under .500 year means the end of him....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My wish for OC, Mike Shanahan. Master of the ZBS, could keep Boras on show him the ropes. If Shanny wants back in the NFL (2 years in a row he interviewed to no avail) this would be the perfect spot.
Help out his buddy Fisher, work with a stud RB, Rams make the playoffs and BOOM, he gets another shot at HC and we have Boras take over

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm wondering if not naming a new OC has something to do with the playoffs. Does Defilpo have designs on an opening that may occur? McD gets the Tenn job and he goes to NE?

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
we wont get a decent oc until fisher is gone. Judging by his history I look for him to bring in johnnie paycheck. He and Jenkins and the rest of the "crew" can party down.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Who were the guys that weren't allowed to interview last year? I know there was an assistant guy from Green Bay - forget his name -

but it's also possible Fisher is just waiting as long as he can to eventually promote Boras....

And I'm okay with Boras as long as he aint Bore-ass

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
We need someone quick, because the other head coach new hires are looking too. Wish we had a attractive QB, would make it easier

Ram Man

Rookie
No immediate upgrade at QB is coming next year.
1. Rams draft position is too low to draft a QB that is good enough to start immediately and play well. Any QB the Rams would draft will sit the bench for all/most of 2016.
2. It is unlikely that any veteran QB that would be a big upgrade will land on the Rams.
(a) There are no good free agents out there.
(b) Any good FA QB that might become available will require a crazy contract that the Rams would immediately regret agreeing to.

Next year will be a bridge year for the Rams at QB.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
My wish for OC, Mike Shanahan. Master of the ZBS, could keep Boras on show him the ropes. If Shanny wants back in the NFL (2 years in a row he interviewed to no avail) this would be the perfect spot.
Help out his buddy Fisher, work with a stud RB, Rams make the playoffs and BOOM, he gets another shot at HC and we have Boras take over

That would be a shrewd move for Shanny. Because he would then be a hot name again, and with Fisher's contract being over after this season he might just slide into the Rams HC role.

But Fish will probably put his career at risk with an unproven guy or a guy with a less than stellar body of work. Thankfully, if he does that we only have to endure one more year of this BS.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I would think that with the rams in la now kroenke would want a better offensive product. He should put pressure on fisher to get an established oc, he probably will want to make a splash at qb as well.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wentz over Lynch?

I haven't seen either play and I'm too busy at the moment to dig up scouting reports.
Give me the lowdown!
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/carson-wentz/

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...e-prospect-north-dakota-state-qb-carson-wentz

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...kota-state-qb-wentz-deserves-firstround-grade

http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2015/08/28/rsp-film-room-no-52-qb-carson-wentz-wmark-schofield/

this guy is a 3.9 gpa with a engineering (chemical?) background...

& the competition
http://draftbreakdown.com/players/paxton-lynch/

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1999663/paxton-lynch

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...er-beware-on-memphis-quarterback-paxton-lynch

Wish we had a attractive QB
See above....to me, these are 2 of our best options with where we are selecting (15th)...Goff will be gone...Not sure about Hogan, Cook, or Hackenberg....

My only concern with Lynch is the Auburn game...I don't buy that the Auburn Tigers were so much superior...He was missing a lot of short throws...bad placement. And I didn't see him attempt a deep pass. And I really look at bowl games because these guys have 3-4 weeks to get ready & prepare...Maybe his coach being gone effected him (HC was hired away shortly before bowl game)...

I wish all these 5 would go to the bowl games(Senior/East-West) and throw at the combine...If they don't, ????? start popping up in my head.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Who were the guys that weren't allowed to interview last year? I know there was an assistant guy from Green Bay - forget his name -

but it's also possible Fisher is just waiting as long as he can to eventually promote Boras....

And I'm okay with Boras as long as he aint Bore-ass

Van Pelt from the Packers and Chudzinski with the colts. Chud was promoted this offseason so he's out. Not sure about Van Pelt.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Im with you the rams have to draft one of these two with no much of a chance at Goff. The rest of the qbs aren't worth it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Not a bad idea, and Shanahan has always had a good/great running game. BUT I doubt he'd take anything but a HC Job!