So now that we're getting our QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I'm curious what everyone's opinion is on when he plays,

Quite frankly I don't think Wentz (or Goff) could do any worse than what we've seen over the last 5 years.

I say start him day 1. It will bring excitement and hell, you still hand off to Gurley 25 times a game anyway.

With our D coming back healthy I don't see much of a reason to start Keenum. Let the kids grow up together I say.

lockdnram21

Legend
I like it but we don't have any receivers. Guess there still hoping Quick comes around

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mayo c k says he can and would start day 1. He was talking about Wentz. However I could see Fisher waiting till week 4.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Our new QB will have some weapons to throw to:

1. Tavon suddenly becomes a factor more often due to increased accuracy, particularly if it's Goff.
2. Kendricks is a good weapon in the passing game. He's not a game changer but he's solid.
3. Gurley was underutilized in the passing game. That should change, put him in TE routes from backfield.
4. Rams will take a passing game weapon in round 4, hopefully a big bodied type to develop.
5. Rams might get lucky with one of Quick, Bailey, or Britt stepping up their game.

And the real key... Young OL in front of him plus a great running game behind him.

Playoffs! They're in our future MFers!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is not much out there as far as fa wr. Unless they make a trade

I think someone like Andre Johnson still has a bit left in the tank as a veteran presence. But I think late round is probably best option. Unless they trade as you suggested.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1. Tavon suddenly becomes a factor more often due to increased accuracy, particularly if it's Goff.

It's not Goff, it's the kid from Bismark..He's bigger, stronger, faster and scored higher on the wonderlic as well.

SOURCES TELL US
"Wentz really blew us away at the combine when we met with him. Talent is a big component, but these guys have to have intangibles if they are going to lead franchises and he's got them. I don't care where he played, he understands the game and it isn't too big for him." -- AFC executive

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/carson-wentz?id=2555259

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So what is now really odd is on the front of ESPN it's now saying Rams favor Goff..
Not sure how I feel about that.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
If we start week one on the road against Seattle or something, then we shouldn't put the kid into a bad situation like that. If we start at home against a bad team, then maybe he should start week one.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
The Rams didn't trade the farm just to sit their draft pick. Whether they pick Goff or Wentz, I think they start day 1.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Our new QB will have some weapons to throw to:

2. Kendricks is a good weapon in the passing game. He's not a game changer but he's solid.
3. Gurley was underutilized in the passing game. That should change, put him in TE routes from backfield.
4. Rams will take a passing game weapon in round 4, hopefully a big bodied type to develop.
5. Rams might get lucky with one of Quick, Bailey, or Britt stepping up their game.

And the real key... Young OL in front of him plus a great running game behind him.

Playoffs! They're in our future MFers!

Plus, when Gurley rumbles for 2106+ yards on the ground, it will help open things up ... :)

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
If we start week one on the road against Seattle or something, then we shouldn't put the kid into a bad situation like that. If we start at home against a bad team, then maybe he should start week one.
Are we all of a sudden scared of Seattle? We've proven we don't even need a QB to beat them.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Are we all of a sudden scared of Seattle? We've proven we don't even need a QB to beat them.

True, but you don't want a rookie QB having to start out in an environment like that, it won't help his confidence. And besides Keenum has already won there! But it won't matter, we will probably get week 17 in Seattle again anyway, haha.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame

Quite frankly I don't think Wentz (or Goff) could do any worse than what we've seen over the last 5 years.

I say start him day 1. It will bring excitement and hell, you still hand off to Gurley 25 times a game anyway.

With our D coming back healthy I don't see much of a reason to start Keenum. Let the kids grow up together I say.
I doubt either one will start this season.

RamzFanz

Damnit

Fisher got burned bad not having a QB competition last season. I don't think he goes into camp with a decision on QB.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
What make us think that the Rams will draft a QB? Or that they will get it right if they do?