So let's talk SNAPS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams need to be looking at guys who will be under contract next year, particularly the young kids, and getting them more snaps over the last three games. Here's what I'd like to see:

Increased Snaps:

1. WR Cooper. He's not the big target everyone wants, but his catch radius is very good for his size and I think this kid is going to play in a real passing offense. IMO the Rams should have pushed more snaps for him prior, as guys like Quick and Britt are not part of the future of this team. Now is the time to do that.

2. TE Higbee. Another obvious one that needs to happen. I am so tired of seeing Kendricks muck his way through things, dropping passes and making dumb mistakes. Higbee is going to make mistakes too. He's going to F it up, but more snaps now will be a good investment for the team. Higbee is going to be a very good TE in this league IMO. Just like with Coop he needs to be in there now, I would demote Kendricks and start the more talented kid.

3. WR Thomas. That flub he had on Sunday really irked me. But he has more than earned his roster spot with his performance as gunner, playing at a very high level. Still think if he doesn't work out as WR he might have a spot as a DB, IMO he's got some natural skill there. Again, though, more snaps for this kid are warranted to see what we have. Not saying he should get featured in the offense like I think Coop should be, but start to give him more of Britt's snaps.

4. OL. This unit needs to start showing us something here down the last several games. Not going to focus in on any one guy, but there is depth on this roster and NOW is the time for whatever changes you feel will help to be made. Even if it's something like Donnal getting some looks at RT for example, given how Havenstein's been struggling with that kick slide, or Rhaney at Center, given the way Barnes gets blown into the backfield far too much. More competition down the stretch, that's what I want to see on this unit. Pressure from the staff to shake things up.

5. CB Jordan and Hill. Jordan I want to see more of, obviously. And I'd also like to see Hill added to the roster so we can get some more tape of the kid prior to the offseason. I know he effed it up, but whatever. Hopefully he'll know better now and I like what both those guys add.

Decreased Snaps:

1. WR Britt and Quick. Not saying to sit these guys, but both of them should see a drop in snaps that correlate to the guys who will be part of things moving forward. Neither of them will be wearing horns next year.

2. CB Gaines. I don't know wtf is going on with him, I know he's been injured or whatever, but he is not the same guy so I'd sit him the rest of the way and he's a bubble guy in camp next year. Is what it is.

3. S McDonald. I personally would let him walk as he has never developed into a leader in that secondary that I hoped he'd be. And thus I'd start cutting some snaps for him and seeing more of Davis. But only the Rams know whether he's a priority to re-sign, and they won't know that until the new regime takes charge and crunches tape.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good post. Personally, I'd like to see a complete overhaul of the receiving corps. Get rid of every starter and get what you can in draft picks (where applicable), and then immediately promote Cooper, Thomas, Spruce, Higbee, Hemingway, and grab the best FA WR you can find.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
No#1 move Thursday night
Bench
ORT Rob Havenstein replace with first Rodger Saffold or 2nd Andrew Donnal. OT Donnal best play this season came when he took over for Saffold who was starting for GRob to play 3 quarters @ the critical left OT post. Saffold has no future with this team at OG. RS has been a starting @ OG since mid point of 2013 season nothing he has shown since the beginning of 2014 indicates he is worth his cap hit @ OG. However if he was to play lights out @ ORT his worth to this 2017 team increase dramatically.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I'd be wearing of messing with the O Line too much. Granted, they haven't been good but presumably they are the 5 that can beat protect Goff - and he is still worth protecting.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
From a organizational point play the rooks to get a look. The new coach might appreciate that. Guys like Britt, Quick are DMW so don't even dress them.

Big question is do the pull Goff and Gurley if they can't protect them any better. They want to attract a big time coach, it would be easier if the QB and RB weren't going to miss next season with a Bradford moment.

Ram65

Legend
I saw Kendricks take out two defenders on one block. He sure has trouble with hard thrown balls when he is on the move. Keep working on his hands. Higbee has been getting playing time. Cooper has started to see more time. You can put rookies in unless they know the plays considering you have rookie QB Goff starting. Sure get Spruce,Thomas and Hemingway in there some. Someone pointed out Hemmingway didn't block on Goff's TD which created a Goff sandwich for the defenders. I don't know about messing around too much with the offensive line. You got to play Saffold, GRob and Havenstien so Goff, Gurley and the WRs have a chance. These are division games and should be very physical. You can't go overboard with the young guys.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think moving on from Havenstein would be a huge mistake.

That would be like dumping Goff because of this busted scheme. Our OL scheme is just...awful. It puts our rookies in position to have to make lose-lose decisions and then we want to blame them for losing? What?

Havenstein is a solid OL and in a good scheme, he's the solid ROT we need. He'll be fine and he's one of the last guys I'm worried about right now... Heck, just last year, if you'll recall, most of Gurley's big runs came on the right side...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Good post. Personally, I'd like to see a complete overhaul of the receiving corps. Get rid of every starter and get what you can in draft picks (where applicable), and then immediately promote Cooper, Thomas, Spruce, Higbee, Hemingway, and grab the best FA WR you can find.

Agreed on all, except for Tavon. You don't trade someone like him away when he can excel in a new scheme here.

Jeffery is the top wide receiver on the market, and I hope we go all in on him. Pay him whatever he wants.

fearsomefour

Legend
WR Thomas. That flub he had on Sunday really irked me. But he has more than earned his roster spot with his performance as gunner, playing at a very high level.
Maybe as a ST guy but nearly all of his returns were bad on Sunday. Part of that was the Falcons kicking it accurately to the goal line or one and directionally.
He has had several flags on the rare time he has gotten in as a WR.
I would like to see all the young WRs get some reps along with the young TEs.
Also, wouldn't mind seeing more Donnal, he had a few good moments at G last week.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
No#1 move Thursday night
Bench
ORT Rob Havenstein replace with first Rodger Saffold or 2nd Andrew Donnal. OT Donnal best play this season came when he took over for Saffold who was starting for GRob to play 3 quarters @ the critical left OT post. Saffold has no future with this team at OG. RS has been a starting @ OG since mid point of 2013 season nothing he has shown since the beginning of 2014 indicates he is worth his cap hit @ OG. However if he was to play lights out @ ORT his worth to this 2017 team increase dramatically.
Agree with this, but I would have Brown at RT. He played tackle at Louisville, plus he as a little bit longer reach to keep an edge rusher off him. My O-Line would look like:

LT-Robinson
LG-Saffold
C-Barnes
RG-Donnal
RT-Brown

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I think putting Britt and Quick on a shelf might hurt Goff. Anyway, you know whoever is out there will be woring harder than they have up till this point or they won't be in horns. And I agree w/ the Havenstein call. He hasn't been healthy all year and it has effected his play. Give Safford or Donnal some snaps and see if they could help out next year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd like to see more Cooper and although Thomas had that unfortunate KO I'd like to see him get some snaps.
Let Britt get his 1000 yards before limiting his snaps though

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
With the Firing of Fisher and a very short week until the Thursday game, I don't expect to see a lot of Big changes until week 16 after a Long 10 day Break! Then I think anything goes!(y)
Although I wouldn't put it past Fassel to try some ST Trick-Plays!! :D
I have No idea what to expect from an interim HC the Last three weeks of the Season, let alone on a short week! But then, NO ONE ELSE DOES EITHER!!
:mrburnsevil: I heard somewhere, Most interim HC in recent years have Won their 1st game, we'll see! We can still hope to end up with the Best w/l record inside the NFC West, 5-1!:D ( there's always an upside!(y))

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Not sure we mess too much with the OL at this point either. BTW, how did this FO miss on THAT many offensive lineman??? That shit is criminal. Meanwhile Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan continue to impress. They need to get the FUCKING OL STRAIGHT!!!!!

Zero

Pro Bowler
2. CB Gaines. I don't know wtf is going on with him, I know he's been injured or whatever, but he is not the same guy so I'd sit him the rest of the way and he's a bubble guy in camp next year. Is what it is.
I'm thinking or hoping that this a situation like an acl injury.I know his was
liz franc or whatever,but maybe it's one of those deals where you're not
truly 100% until the 2nd year back and he regains his old form next season.
Here's hoping anyway.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Yep Yep.bring on the new wave.Cept keep Tavon

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Not sure we mess too much with the OL at this point either. BTW, how did this FO miss on THAT many offensive lineman??? That crap is criminal. Meanwhile Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan continue to impress. They need to get the freaking OL STRAIGHT!!!!!

Very real possibility that the coaching is a big part of our Oline suckass-i-ness.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
The blocking scheme the Rams are using is crap. For example : at the one yard line Gurley runs the ball between the center and right guard the right guard pulls to block the left DE. Please tell me what sense this makes.