So, is Malcom Brown now our "goal line" RB?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
In short yardage like goal line, Malcom Brown is a better option than Gurley. Simply for the fact that he's not only a power RB, but he's the best pass blocking RB or TE on the team. So he gives Goff and McVay more options. Teams like to blitz down there and if Goff is passing I'd want Brown in there.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Our young coach is a smart man. He is determined to learn and grow as an individual and to help the team do the same.

He has talked about feeling the 'flow' of the game and that being apart of this teams identity. I'm excited to see how this is deployed throughout the season.

Just from week one we have the use of Brown/Gurley, the four wide receiver sets, the out of the gate second half throws to Cooks, the Woods run (best designed play of the week?), the late Gurley runs that put him 1 on 1 with a CB, etc.

I feel like all of those plays were apart of this coaching staff feeling the 'flow' of the game.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I think McVay learned last year with Anderson that having a second strong back to beat up on the defense with is important to have a stupid strong run game in the second half (of the season or game, you choose).

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is nothing more than smart football. I hope they stick to it. A fresh Gurley in the 4th qtr is PRICELESS!!!! Wait until Henderson is up to speed in the offense and try and defend us!!!!!! Exciting stuff to come!
And we can whip out some formations on the Pats they haven't seen before. Seriously, Coach is going to have some tricks up his sleeve the next S.B..

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, Brown played the entirety of the two drives that led to those TD rushes.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I doubt McVay wants to be pigeonholed or predictable by having "a goal line back." Sounds like something Jeff Fisher might have tho.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
In short yardage like goal line, Malcom Brown is a better option than Gurley. Simply for the fact that he's not only a power RB, but he's the best pass blocking RB or TE on the team. So he gives Goff and McVay more options. Teams like to blitz down there and if Goff is passing I'd want Brown in there.

Not sure I agree with this

Gurley is better at all of the above