So I wake up this morning

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I wake up this morning at 5.30am to go to London for work, excited about who we picked. Turns out we've beefed the OL and grabbed us a developmental QB to sit behind Foles.
We've gone heavy on offence and I'm happy
Sounds good to me, But Jesus why are so many people so negative saying they're refusing to watch the end of the draft and this has been a failure already? If you don't like the picks, cool but to react like that when the ink isn't even dry on their draft card is a tiny bit premature no? Let them play, then judge..?
Keep it positive, which I know is hard being a Rams fan :)

Love all y'all

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Totally agree. I also woke up this morning to find out we'd taken two big dirty offensive lineman and a QB from a more NFL style offense with a pick we didn't have to begin with anyway.

I get that people have their guys they want (mine was La'el Collins) but keep the faith people. Try to see the positives in the picks cus these guys will most likely be on the final 53.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Totally agree. I also woke up this morning to find out we'd taken two big dirty offensive lineman and a QB from a more NFL style offense with a pick we didn't have to begin with anyway.

I get that people have their guys they want (mine was La'el Collins) but keep the faith people. Try to see the positives in the picks cus these guys will most likely be on the final 53.

Amen brother

DLux27

Rookie
Morning, hey I'm with u 2, I was pleasantly surprised. You don't spend Number 10 on TG and not get him some big road graders to clear a path.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Woke up? Haven't gone to bed yet, at the computer, while watching The Who's Tommy on Blu-Ray and drinking bourbon and ginger ale.

But I agree, I don't see this as a disaster. Two interesting OL prospects, even if not the big names (although literally big dudes). And a QB prospect with some pluses and some negatives, that the QB experts on the Rams apparently rated the highest not in the big two. They can certainly be wrong, but given the enormous failure rate on non-elite QB prospects even the best ones could wash out. At least Mannion is smart and coachable.

Oh, and Frankenstein er Havenstein apparently besides being ginormous is one of those prospects accurately described as a football player - i.e. he may or may not always look good, but he makes the plays out on the field. And it's never reaching imo to get players who just get football, so long as they have enough physical talent to not be dominated at the NFL level.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I share your enthusiasm for the Rams trying to tackle the needs on offense.

Fan boards tend to invite wide disparities of opinion. I love this, I hate that. I'm critical of this draft but hopeful that it will turn out well. Somehow, people read that (I'm not saying you guys) as I'm never gonna watch a Rams game again.

There is a middle ground, people, but it requires those of us who exist there to write more nuanced posts to get our point across... and requires a more thoughtful reading by others.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I wake up this morning at 5.30am to go to London for work, excited about who we picked. Turns out we've beefed the OL and grabbed us a developmental QB to sit behind Foles.
Sounds good to me, But Jesus why are so many people so negative saying they're refusing to watch the end of the draft and this has been a failure already? If you don't like the picks, cool but to react like that when the ink isn't even dry on their draft card is a tiny bit premature no? Let them play, then judge..?

Love all y'all

It's all perspective I guess. I'm going to bed now having watched my team draft an injured player in a position that's already in good shape followed by 3 reach picks in a row. Our run blocking shows promise, but this is going to be the rawest pass blocking group. While I can't possibly know if it's a failure or not, I'm not afraid to admit I'm disappointed.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
I'm happy we added OL, I'll trust the team's ability to scout, and the team's ability to know what fits their system better than I ever could.

Wouldn't have touched a QB.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Frankly, I like that the consensus even among the talking heads is that after Day 2 is that we made it harder for everyone in our division. While everyone is gearing up to stop the pass, we're loading up on road graders and getting ready to pave a road to victory.

If this plan works out, we're going not only win some sweet games this year, but we're going to be "that" game on the calendar that teams come to realize is going to just suck... super physical and no amount of ice baths and Vicodin will take away the beat down...totally.

This Rams team is built to not only beat you, but make you lose the next week as well.

MAN, I'm getting excited for the season...

I really do think Snisher is trying to rebuild the Bears. Who knows how close he gets, but I say if you're going to aim for something, aim high!

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The idea of a 'reach' is the thing that pisses me off. Completely arbitrary way of measuring success. The Cowboys were slated for 'reaching' for their centre the other year, how'd that turn out?

I get that a lot of amateur guys all over the web put in a lot of hours of scouting and take all this really seriously. I appreciate your passion and commitment and you help us all to learn more about the prospects. At the end of the day tho, I'm always going to trust a pro scouting department over one amateur guys take.

My take on the guys we drafted - man, is coach Bou gonna have some fun with those big dudes.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
I'm putting my faith in the Rams staff when it comes to drafting. Snead/Fisher are more hit than miss during the draft and I thin we have shored up some key gaps. Is Mannion the ideal draft pick? Let's wait for the season to start before declaring it a loss.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
The idea of a 'reach' is the thing that pisses me off. Completely arbitrary way of measuring success. The Cowboys were slated for 'reaching' for their centre the other year, how'd that turn out?

I get that a lot of amateur guys all over the web put in a lot of hours of scouting and take all this really seriously. I appreciate your passion and commitment and you help us all to learn more about the prospects. At the end of the day tho, I'm always going to trust a pro scouting department over one amateur guys take.

My take on the guys we drafted - man, is coach Bou gonna have some fun with those big dudes.

It's not that I trust them more as scouts (I do) it's that they know exactly what they're looking for, and exactly how they plan to use a particular player. Plus they have access to the medical reports and get to talk directly with the players, whilst all arm chair scouts have to go on is what the media want them to know.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
The only pick I don't really like is Mannion as a developmental back up QB - because I don't see what he gives us over Keenum really, but if the guys think he can develop into being an adequate long term back up I don't really hate it.

Havenstein and Jamon Brown are interesting road grading punishing run blocking huge men so I love that on the o-line.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
My first reaction to yesterday's draft was dismay. :mad: I acted out, said things I regret, I was an uninformed crybaby. :cry:

"My name is Ramsey. I am a media mock draft victim, a slave to group think." o_O

It's funny what a good nights sleep can do for a bad attitude. This morning I woke up to reality, sustained in sunshine, read the writing on the wall. What did the writing say?:rolleyes:

Snead and Fisher aren't idiots. They've worked their asses off watching tape.:coffee::coffee: After I stopped bitching and spitting venum, I realized Fisher and Snead have given the Rams an Identity! Snisher has a solid plan!

Smash mouth football! Both sides of the ball, I'm on board.(y)

FRO

Legend
Some people watch these prospects for a hobby and have guys they like and guys they don't like. They have an idea where certain prospects should go. When things don't go to plan or the Rams pick a prospect they don't like, they get upset or frustrated. Nothing wrong with that.

You look at Havenstein and you see a limited athlete. The worry is that he will struggle with fast, quick, edge players. If he weren't 6'8" and was 6'6" he probably would be forced into OG. Add on to that he has short arms for being 6'8" and longer arms can help out being a limited athlete. I'm not too excited about the pick.

As far as Brown, I don't know much about him, but his combine stuff looks good. His highlights on ESPN looked good. He was just mentioned as a later round prospect, as all of our day two guys were, by the media.

Mannion just has bad tape and it's worrisome that Snead and Fisher put so much stock into non-game stuff. They cited his workout as a major driving force behind the pick. As far as QB going forward I think we will be drafting one again pretty early next year. I'm not sold on Foles and am not sure we have our guy going forward.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I guess it's easy to think you know what you are talking about when trying to analyze talent in your favorite sport. I mean you spend hours watching and wishing the best for your favorite team. We all want the best for the Rams so when draft day rolls around and you are locked in on some future players and the Rams pick guys you haven't even considered, it blows you away. All we can do is trust their judgement and hope they got it right. I'm all in. With that being said, I still have my favorite picks for DAY 3 and will be disappointed when they don't get picked. But I'll try and understand the logic of the experts and rectify why I don't see it that way. o_O

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame

Love all y'all
VERY well said! Have a great day!

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think people are pissy because they had an idea over the last 4 months of what they felt needed to be done. When it didn't go that way it pissed them off. Also, some people think they are talent evaluators and think they know more than the professionals. While they are all well informed, far beyond what I do, they are not watching hours upon hours of film EVERY SINGLE DAY. As well as watching these players up close and personal. Basically....people are just butthurt. But that's what makes it great. They are die hard fans that want what they think is best.