So I popped the question...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TaxMonkey

UDFA
It's official I'm engaged what am I supposed to do now???

g1362359580344510831.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Enjoy your life together.

Always be best friends and look out for each other.

Don't let anyone come between the both of you. Even your own children.

It's ok to fight.

Good luck and congratulations.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Just be sure you agree with her on money matters and children! In other words, budget your money and how many kids, if any you have! Just observations from 40 years of marriage!

fearsomefour

Legend
Rhino is right....money is a big one.
Not having it or having a bunch of it is not what I mean....priorities, where and how to spend or save ect. Money is the root of most marital problems. Good luck.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Yep...money is the source of all of our disagreements. They are few and far between, but that is always at the root.

My suggestion, be open and honest about what you spend money on and ask that she do the same. You'll be able to combine your finances much easier knowing each others habits.

Athos

Legend
Bro time.

Spend it now.

*Says the sadly single mid 20s guy.*

So, maybe you shouldn't listen to my advice. :ROFLMAO:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
After 40+ years Married to the same woman, your going to end up Like me. Retired, and spending 70+ Hours a week at ROD! And in your free time, you play with the Grand Kids!

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Congrats!! I just got engaged back in November. Talking about all of the wedding stuff gives me a instant headache lol.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
So how'd you pop the question , anything creative ?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Congrats to you and R.U.I.D.

What do you do now? Punt.

Seriously though, as you have no doubt heard, money seems to always be at the head of arguments. My wife and I have been together for 30 years; more than 27 of that married. We have always had separate accounts and our own set of bills. Which bills have changed from time to time as one or both of our incomes have changed but we never argue over what the other spends money on. Now all that said, we discuss major purchases but I'm not worried about her finding out when I want to surprise her with a gift or that she'll be pissed because I spent too much on the strippers one night :huh: :D and I'm not looking at our account and suddenly noticing I don't have the money I thought I had to buy something I wanted.

Another thing - continue to take her out on dates. My wife and I have a date day every week. It may sound gay but we go out, have a great time dancing or playing pool or having a nice dinner - whatever seems like it would be fun to do.

And a night without sex needs to be the exception not the rule.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Congrats!

I hit 28 years this year.

I remember at my bachelor party my one friend, who was married, said to me, "It's not always 50-50. Sometimes it's 80-20."

Somehow--although I'm sure I was quite drunk, and I know he was, this made a lot of sense to me.

Sometimes you have to give more than you want to--sometimes a lot more--and vice-versa. Maybe overall it settles out to a 50-50 split, I don't know. But be willing to compromise.

By the way--he was married for about two or three years before the divorce.

I'm still married.

Go figure.