So, How's The Weather?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We're in the midst of another heat wave at or near record temps. Normally, in my area of the Central Valley we get long stretches of triple digits and you can count on one had how many times it gets close to 110 or higher. This is the 4th time this season we're seeing a system come in with excessive heat warnings. I don't recall ever seeing that before mid July.

At noon the weather app says its 104. I went to the store and my truck said 106. We're still about 5 hours from hottest part of the day. This heat wave is affecting a lot of areas in the western U.S. It was 112 here yesterday.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I live near the water in a windy part of the Bay Area. It has not gotten as hot as my “smart phone “ has predicted, 3 or 4 degrees lower but it has been windier than I recall at this point than previous years. 103 yesterday and 93 today.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It's been cloudy and rainy as shit here in Missouri. But when it's not rainy, it's hot and humid. Fuck summer.

bluecoconuts

Legend
24 (75) where I'm at right now, sunny, feels nice... About the same but more cloud coverage back home, should around 20 (upper 60's) tomorrow and the next day, probably will be around 15-18 (high 50's mid 60's) when I go home next month, so that'll be perfect.

The big heat bubble that hit the PNW a few weeks back was miserable, so we got a few portable AC's for the next time it creeps up like that. The one thing I wish they had more in the Isles were box fans for windows.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
109 right now. It was 117 yesterday. So Ca Coachella valley area. It’s about 1607 hours now.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Says it was only 99 today, but after working the last 3 days I only went out to go to the gym this morning. It was somewhere between 109 and 113 yesterday. It was hot in the shade with a breeze blowing. Looks like we should see a little cool down over the next week. Last time I remember this many 100+ degree days was in 96. The warehouse I was working in that summer would get over 120 in the back corner where there were no doors to open up and let the air move. They had to make a makeshift refrigerator for the chocolate candy, I spent a lot of time in that cooler. It was basically an indoor tent with a huge air conditioner.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Leaving 77F going to 94F for tomorrow. Yech...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That heat sounds horrible! It’s definitely a west thing…

Next 14 days where I live 75 degrees average high. Ranging 73-79. Pretty normal Summer temps here so far.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
:not:That heat sounds horrible! It’s definitely a west thing…

Next 14 days where I live 75 degrees average high. Ranging 73-79. Pretty normal Summer temps here so far.
How nice for you.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The central valley here doesn't have the high humidity the south and midwest states have. But we're not desert dry either. Housing is much cheaper here than other areas of California. A lot of people don't want to live in this heat. Our summers typically run from mid May to mid October. I always said its not the heat its the humility. :cool:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
better than below zero w/snow
train
No. No it's not train... One day, we will be bak into frozen heaven....

LXn9iqp.gif