So how bout Fox eh?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
The DL decisions would be even harder if Pasat had not torn up his knee. I think he would have made a strong case too.

BTW The Rams have done a great job of supplementing their D-Line Depth and with UFDA's and veteran castoffs.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I thought Fox was an interesting possibility when they signed him. I saw his college highlight tape and it was ridiculous, of course he played D2 I think and he was just a man among boys, but you also have to think it may have just taken him time to adjust to the level of play.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/1612942/5721dcacc124573b5485df3b

I hope they can deal Sims and keep Fox. For a team short on a high pick next year, why not take a shot on this guy over a 30 year old that is more costly when you consider the number of players they need to sign next year. Sims will likely be a cap casualty anyway next year.

Last edited:

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
This DL was a hard cadre unit that any 2016 rookie UDFA would find hard to crack in 2016. Was there really a chance or room for a DE Ian Seau? If Quinn had shown big concerns about his back surgery then a yes to some degree. But Quinn looks like he is well on the road back. When Gregg Williams finally made the move of Ethan Westbrook to the edge from the inside, since DT Easley shined so bright inside behind Donald, then add the unexpected great TC & pre season 2nd yr Matt Longacre put in......one last thing do not forget the new WSLB'er or WS safety or what ever Mark Barron ....Barron can be a quick nightmare crashing in outside the edge of our DE. Barron has some super skills in this area too. Seau has no place to fit in.

Same can be said for Morgan Fox...6-4 259 pound DT??? when you have 3 former #1 draft picks pushing for playing time with Brockers/Donald/Easley when would you yank one of them & insert Fox?? not going o happen. Then the very solid TC & PS effort by veteran Cam Thomas who ugly body fits perfect with the 3 other DT's ahead of him. Another fact that makes it impossible to find a way for Fox is that Hayes/Sims & Westbrooks can be utilized for long period of time inside without any problem. Fox has no place to fit in here....This DL unit can be the best in the NFL with a little luck.

Rams DE Unit
#1-Rob Quinn (1st Rd'er)
#2-William Hayes (4th rd'er UFA signed in 2016)
#3-Ethan Westbrooks UDFA
#4-Matt Longacre UDFA
#5-Eugene Sims (6th rd & UFA signed in 2016)

Rams interior Unit
Aaron Donald (all pro)
M. Brockers (1st rd'er)
D. Easley (1st rd'er)
Cam Thomas (5th rd'er & UFA signed in 2016)

One hell of a post Bon Bon!!! One of the best posts I've seen all year. 10,000 likes

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

How about a # 5 WR or a # 4 LB or a # 10 OT or a # 5 CB or a # 5 Safety, how about a future 5'th/6'th round draft pick if you value Sims so highly ?

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Of the veterans I was hoping might get traded if we could find a partner...

DL.. E. Sims
DB.. L. Joyner
CB.. M. Roberson

Call me crazy but these 3 vets I'm all about trading, if Snead can FIND
a dance partner.......

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6618-1374497969-23.gif

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Of the veterans I was hoping might get traded if we could find a partner...

DL.. E. Sims
DB.. L. Joyner
CB.. M. Roberson

Call me crazy but these 3 vets I'm all about trading, if Snead can FIND
a dance partner.......

anigif_enhanced-buzz-6618-1374497969-23.gif
A team who might be interested in Eugene Sims would be the Dallas Cowboys. He would be an immediate starter on that DL @ DE IMO. Not sure the Cowboys have a corner to exchange with.