so....going forward

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I have adapted my attitude this morning. This season is lost certainly. So it goes. What I want to see out of the Rams over the last 12 games is a competitive team. I will be looking for incremental improvements. It may only take one game for the O to start to get in sync and for the D to tighten things up. Who knows? It certainly looks bad now. One thing for sure with almost 2 weeks to prepare for Jacksonville if things are not markedly better it will be time to start window shopping for coaches.
For people who say blow it up and start over....blow what up? Get younger? Basically a blowup would involve Fisher, the coordinators, Bradford or Snead. Snead hired Fisher and they both (Im sure) had a voice in the coordinators.
The thing that bugs me the most about Thursday game is Fisher saying "I dont know" when asked whats wrong with the O. This tells me this is a guy out of touch....its his job to know and to figure it out. Other wise he is just a glorified timeout manager.
I want to see Dahl replaced at RG asap, he was terrible in pass the last two games and no longer gets push in the running game. I think the guy has lost any lateral quickness he once had....he cannot pick up stunts anymore and rest assured the Rams will be seeing plenty of them on the right side going forward.
When a phase of the game is operating that badly (less than 2 yards per carry) it means either it is lazy and bad execution (guys not getting low and driving on their blocks....part of the question as to why Cook wasnt used more has been answered, he is a liablility as a blocker) or the coaches vastly over estimated the talent on the O line and RB. Either option is bad and I think some of both has happened. Maybe Fisher/Snead thought their playoff spot was locked up with a couple of drafts they received praise for.
I would have the Oline in pads today or tomorrow working on form basics and very basic running plays. Back to Pop Warner days.
Fishers comment that the run D was solid except for 3 long runs is as inane as a special teams coach saying kick coverage was good except for those two return touchdowns.
The Rams probably need a win next week to slowdown the howling wolfs and to give them some momentum going forward. This still might be a 7 win team when this year is over. Either way the improvement has to start today in practice and in the film room and it has to start with the coaching. The only guy I saw last night dogging it was Langford late in the fourth....I get it, the game is over and you want to avoid injury. The players want it and are proud I think. They are not being put in positions to succeed I think and when the opportunities are there they miss them. Confidence is at zero. The coaches on O particularly have to change some of what they are doing. Whether that is starting in a no huddle, putting some game planning in Bradfords hands (he knows who he trusts and who he doesnt) or getting back to basics and pounding the ball until a RB breaks a long one, something has to change in the approach before Jacksonville.
Either way. Im off the ledge so to speak. I am looking for improvement at specific positions the rest of the year. I would like to see that start at RG and or C next week.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm not ready to write off the season.

There is time to make meaningful adjustments.

Will we? I have my doubts. But it's possible.

TexRamFan

Rookie
CGI_Ram said:

Im with you on this one. I am not even close to writing off the season. We all saw Wash. win 7 in a row last year to sneak into the playoffs. So I still have a little itty bit of hope left.

However, when you continue to do the same thing you continue to get the same results. I just hope this time off allows Fisher to see that. Something HAS to change. Teams, players and coaches are too smart to let the same stuff fly every week in this league. Yet we continue to try and do the same thing.

fearsomefour

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:

I was speaking of making a play off run. I just dont see it in the NFC....maybe in the AFC at 1-3. But, I agree in total about meaningful adjustments being able to be made. That was my point. That is where my focus is going, seeing if the coaches can adjust and seeing what players step up and improve.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Lots of football left.
It can be good football too. The worm can turn. Adjustments can be made.
It's a process.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yamahopper said:
Lots of football left.
It can be good football too. The worm can turn. Adjustments can be made.
It's a process.
Then they need to get a bunch of new o-linemen to do it cuz the guys that we have aren't going to blossom.