So do our 2017 Additions think the Rams were the right spot?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have been wondering this for the last few weeks, when thinking of Andrew Whitworth, Sullivan, Woods, ,Watkins and Barwin.

1. Whit had success in Cincinnati. In fact, I think if they had kept him the Bengals would have made the playoffs since they have dealt with problems replacing him at LT. Whitworth was part of 3 AFC North Division Titles and 3 other Wild Card teams. Unfortunately, his Bengals lost the Wild Card game in all six contests. The 2017 Rams are his 7th playoff team, but he has never experienced a win in the Wild Card Round.

verdict: Fresh start with a new team, where Pittsburgh isn't (seemingly) always the opponent. I bet he likes LA and the new feel of the Rams.

2. John Sullivan was even more successful than Whitworth in 2009, as his Vikings lost to eventual Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints in the NFC Championship. Sullivan's Vikings won 3 NFC North Division Titles and was a Wild Card once. Three of those four playoff opportunities resulted in losses in the Wild Card round.

verdict: Like Whit, he's an older veteran that Vikings moved on from. So new team and new situation and another NFC (West) Championship. It's close, considering the Vikings success this year, but how sweet would it be for him if we eliminated the Vikings in the divisional round?:rockon:

3. & 4. Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins floundered in Buffalo futility, until moving to the Rams this year. The Bills did make the playoffs this year as a Wild Card team for the first time since 1999. Both have enjoyed playing with a better Quarterback and a MVP level RB. It's not known whether the Bills would have won with them still on the roster and EJ Gaines still here (plus other changes).

verdict: We won a divisional title and our team appears to be a more dominant team playing at home, and hey it's LA! Better situation for Woods and Watkins.

5. Connor Barwin has been a part of 4 Divisional Championship teams. In 2011 and 2012 he was apart of the AFC South Champions both years (Texans) who lost in the divisional round. He then was a part of the 2013 NFC East Champions Eagles team (lost in the WC). Lastly this year with the 2017 NFC West Champion Rams.

verdict: He could have been better off in Philadelphia this year, until the loss of Carson Wentz. Now Philly seems to be the most vulnerable #1 Seed in NFL history and is in danger of losing to either the Saints or the Panthers if the Rams win. If the impossible happens and the Rams lose, then Falcons would beat them (imho).

I believe Whitworth, Sullivan, and Barwin are the only Rams players who have been in the playoffs. Let me know if I missed anyone!

edit: Dunbar was apart of the 2015 NFC East Champion Cowgirls

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RE Barwin he's much happier here playing for Wade. He was miscast in Philly's defense but he fits right in with Wade. He'd I'm sure love to be in Philly if they won him a SB. But as far as play style he actually gets to play here. He'd be a backup or under performing there. Besides he was released in Philly so they showed him he wasn't wanted kind of.