So, assuming Snead adequately addresses Edge and CB in FA, what should Rams do at 19?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Trade down a bit, then take the highest wide receiver on the board. Whether that's Worthy, Mitchell, Coleman, Franklin, whomever, take them. I think we're really underestimating how much of a true need wide receiver is, even though we re-signed Robinson.
Worthy doesn't even weigh as much as Tutu, does he?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Worthy doesn't even weigh as much as Tutu, does he?
He is built like Devante Smith who is 6-0, 170 lbs. In terms of his size, it comes down to how tough he is when it comes to taking hits. Smith has been fine when it comes to that. Then of course all the WR traits that you need in the NFL comes into play.

WestCoastRam

Legend
He is built like Devante Smith who is 6-0, 170 lbs. In terms of his size, it comes down to how tough he is when it comes to taking hits. Smith has been fine when it comes to that. Then of course all the WR traits that you need in the NFL comes into play.
I thought he was 5'11/160. Diff between 170 and 160 is kinda big at this level. Different if it was from 220 to 210.

And not just hits, but blocking too.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
LT is just too important these days. Getting a LT on a 5 year rookie contract is a big bonus. If one of those prime LTs are available at 19, it would be difficult to pass up imo. As much as we need an elite edge and CB….LTs are just hard to get. It might not be smart to d!ck around with this pick - get that top LT and be done with it for years. Assuming one of them are there come 19.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I thought he was 5'11/160. Diff between 170 and 160 is kinda big at this level. Different if it was from 220 to 210.

And not just hits, but blocking too.
Yeah, having said that, I don't see the fit, unless they still feel they need a speed guy and they intend to move Atwell. Worthy does have a bigger catch radius, but I would hope that they want a more physical player like a Leggett.

Of course it also comes down to the players personality, mindset, intangibles, etc... and we don't know how these guys all stack up.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Only way it’s not OL is if they also resign Doctson. If they do,

McVay is getting a WR. Bank it.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Trade down a bit, then take the highest wide receiver on the board. Whether that's Worthy, Mitchell, Coleman, Franklin, whomever, take them. I think we're really underestimating how much of a true need wide receiver is, even though we re-signed Robinson.
Watched Coleman's highlights and I will say that he looks the part of what McVay likes. Maybe it will be another case of a guys slow 40 time helping the Rams out. It would probably be a trade down scenario, where they move down to the mid 20's and then draft him, if they were to select him. Not sure you take him at 19.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I just don't think you can pass on a top CB at 19. Because honestly.....right today.... we don't have any starting CBs. Akehelo is a FA.... neither Kendricks or Durant have stood out as being a guy who's a concrete starter.... So yeah, either way.....if bring back Witherspoon, or sign another FA...you still need a CB...and if you get one at #19, than you have at least 1 starter.

We already have a starting Edge...so whoever you draft there is competing with Hampton, Mathis, Thomas, and a FA (Hoecht or another free agent). But either way you go, you still have a solid starter in Young.... and to me.... Hampton, Mathis and Thomas are better at Edge than Durant and Kendricks are at CB.

So we need a CB ..and we can get a really good one at #19. Quinyon Mitchell is looking like a solid player in the 1st round, and we could possibly trade back a couple spots to get him....

But to your question, if not CB or Edge.... I'd look at either...in no particular order.... TE.....Guard...or Safety.....or maybe in that order... Higs is hurt...we need another TE to go with Allen, and there are a couple I'd draft...but maybe only one of them at 19.....but then I like Ja'Davion Sanders better than Bowers because he's a bigger TE. We need to re-sign Dotson, but if that looks to be too expensive, we could draft another starting guard at 19.... and at safety...I like Fuller, but he's honestly expendable with Laker and Yeast showing promise....and we have Taylor..... We could draft Fuller's replacement at 19 if we don't bring him back.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I like Young but I'm not saying we can't upgrade over him this year with a FA pickup and a draft pick. He's good but he's still got a ways to go.

Hope he takes the next step though.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like Young but I'm not saying we can't upgrade over him this year with a FA pickup and a draft pick. He's good but he's still got a ways to go.

Hope he takes the next step though.

Young already has.If you go back & look at what he was doing.He still has a ways to go as well.

Edge is a postition you can’t have enough of.It would actually give The Rams more ways to get after the QB.

Shula already knows The Player The Rams need the most if that’s true.I’d also say you can’t just adequately be okay at The CB position.

DB/Lber is a need in Nickle .

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I want to add another big time WR.

It’s a scoring league. We are just an injury away from being too weak at the position.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I agree we should address Edge in FA as it typically takes time to develop and the plan is now. The transition at CB is easier. I would like us to address FA positions such as DT, TE and DE and leave drafting a CB

That said, if they like a QB (probably more than me) then I would be fine with them taking them earlier than I would typically like as there are some intriguing prospects and I don’t buy 5 or 6 coming off the board before round 2

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I want to add another big time WR.

It’s a scoring league. We are just an injury away from being too weak at the position.
That has got to happen in this draft, deep class, but you’ll have to pull the trigger in the 3rd to get one I think could be special. Wilson from FSU catches my eye for a 3rd round gym. 6’ 6” and pretty fast.