So About that "Auburn Connection..."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Robinson + Mason = It has merit

I Heard about it several times when talking about Robinson.

LOVE the Mason pick. He's a shiftier version of Stacy without the bull dozing power. A perfect compliment...

Mason what we hoped Richardson would be. Mason is actually really good at running between the tackles, he uses the whole field well. Like I said, LOVE this pick! This is why a first round RB is becoming more unnecessary every year.

Heck, I love this draft.

Wonderboy

Rookie
This pick means the Rams believe in Brian Quick much more than Isaiah Pead. 4 RB's on day 1 roster next year are probably Stacey, Mason, Cunningham, Richardson

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
This pick means the Rams believe in Brian Quick much more than Isaiah Pead. 4 RB's on day 1 roster next year are probably Stacey, Mason, Cunningham, Richardson

Man, with this triple threat running game combined with our monster run blockers, we don't need a mid round WR. We already have at least 3, anyway.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Stacy, Mason and Cunningham sharing the load - with D-Rich as a change of pace back. I like it a lot. We can suit 3 of them for a game - and given their style of play one of them being nicked up wont matter too much because we've now got good depth there. It does looks like I Pead is a gonner though. What a bust.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I don't know. Pead played very well on special teams.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stacy, Mason and Cunningham sharing the load - with D-Rich as a change of pace back. I like it a lot. We can suit 3 of them for a game - and given their style of play one of them being nicked up wont matter too much because we've now got good depth there. It does looks like I Pead is a gonner though. What a bust.

I tell you what, bro, defenses will be EXHAUSTED late in the game. Pead is by far our fastest RB, he may still serve a purpose. We can't carry 5 RB's on Gameday, though. HUGE camp battle, here. There will be several.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
You very likely my could be right. One if them is gone, though. And the first 3 rounds have been a huge vote if confidence for the receiver core.
I am actually looking forward to see how it plays out.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Speaking of Quick...Put him at X, run power to the left with Saffold pulling and leading the way with Robinson and Long, with Quick sealing off the edge. That is a guaranteed 5-6 yards and probably much more.

iced

You very likely my could be right. One if them is gone, though. And the first 3 rounds have been a huge vote if confidence for the receiver core.

Look at it this way - Drich was inactive for the majority of the remaining games while not being on the injury report, meanwhile pead was fairly active

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Look at it this way - Drich was inactive for the majority of the remaining games while not being on the injury report, meanwhile pead was fairly active

Don't get me wrong. I'd love for Pead to work out. I think he's probably got more talent than D Rich - but it just hasn't happened for him - and he seems to have got in the dog house for one thing and another. He looked early on like he lacked a bit of patience - was trying too hard to make something happen - looking for a touchdown on every play - and that hurt his confidence. The disappointment was that he didn't seem able to overcome it mentally and get stronger because of it and become a bit more patient and develop some vision as a back. Richardson's just a speed guy - but he can make things happen.

Its going to be one of the highlights of the camp I think seeing who gets cut there.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Speaking of Quick...Put him at X, run power to the left with Saffold pulling and leading the way with Robinson and Long, with Quick sealing off the edge. That is a guaranteed 5-6 yards and probably much more.

I think you found Quick's position. Blocker.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think you found Quick's position. Blocker.

Well, hopefully he becomes a great receiver like his potential dictates. But he's such a beastly blocker you might as well put him out there in running situations. If that's the way he contributes, fine. He wasn't worth the 33rd overall pick, but he is contributing by making our run game strong.

iced

Don't get me wrong. I'd love for Pead to work out. I think he's probably got more talent than D Rich - but it just hasn't happened for him - and he seems to have got in the dog house for one thing and another. He looked early on like he lacked a bit of patience - was trying too hard to make something happen - looking for a touchdown on every play - and that hurt his confidence. The disappointment was that he didn't seem able to overcome it mentally and get stronger because of it and become a bit more patient and develop some vision as a back. Richardson's just a speed guy - but he can make things happen.

Its going to be one of the highlights of the camp I think seeing who gets cut there.

Except Pead is the one that was starting at the end of the season and being used as a 3rd down back, was big on special teams , and was used on a 2pt conversion.

These are skills and areas where Pead brings more to the table than Drich - when you're fighting for that roster spot, you better be good on special teams...Pead > Drich in that regard

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Well, hopefully he becomes a great receiver like his potential dictates. But he's such a beastly blocker you might as well put him out there in running situations. If that's the way he contributes, fine. He wasn't worth the 33rd overall pick, but he is contributing by making our run game strong.

Yup. All we can ask is that he contributes. And by contributing his opportunities will increase. And by getting increased opportunities, he'll develop. And by developing he'll start to make us proud fans. And being proud of your team is all we, as fans, can ask. ;)

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Except Pead is the one that was starting at the end of the season and being used as a 3rd down back, was big on special teams , and was used on a 2pt conversion.

These are skills and areas where Pead brings more to the table than Drich - when you're fighting for that roster spot, you better be good on special teams...Pead > Drich in that regard

Yup. Drich should not be asked to block for Bradford. That's just not his game. I hope he returns to 5+ yards per carry, but you're right; at this point he may struggle to get a roster spot.