Snowmageddon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Which message board are you referring to? Hmmm?

Got up at 7 am and the wife and I cleared the driveway along with help from a neighbor. The dog now has his little area in the back to do his business. Two and a half feet of snow. "I'm getting too old for this s***." - Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon.

www.geezerswithnophones.com

I'm still jealous. 34 and cloudy here. At least if it's gonna be called lets have some precip, yo.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
The F
Nah, he's okay. He's 72 and came over with his mega-snowblower this morning and helped me clear the toughest part by the mailbox and street.
That's cool, thought he was going to leave you out in the cold.
72, that's up there, I was thinking that I'm going to need a house with a driveway or something by the time I am that age. I am only 9 years away. That was Frick end exhaustin yesterday and today.

http://www.youngwhippersnappers.com/

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Nah, he's okay. He's 72 and came over with his mega-snowblower this morning and helped me clear the toughest part by the mailbox and street.

http://www.youngwhippersnappers.com/

Must be bored today?

91sn32Q.jpg

;)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This was me last winter. And... I'm not kidding. That really is me after a mammoth storm.

BF52E963-D386-4A4D-9A16-1A1A3C7BAD99_zpssw6lz2jw.jpg

A snowblower? You big pussy! Get out there in a wife-beater and a shovel and do it the right way. What kind of Canadian are you???

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The only stress is when will I be able to go anywhere? My electric snowplow can handle 3 to 4 inches of snow. After that, forget about it. Last night I got rid of 4 inches on the driveway and went to bed. This morning there was another 20 inches of snow waiting for me.

So I called a snow removal service. The guy came over and tried but said there was too much snow and left. True story. So I told a neighbor I would pay him because he has a big gas snowblower. He said he'd think about it maybe tomorrow. At least the power's still on.

PT you know I love you my man..........but what's the point of having a snow plow that can only handle a few inches of snow LOL.

It's like having a car that can only go 7 MPH.

You gotta upgrade!!!

dd86a2a60e2220a491fb74e980b3ad22.jpg

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
PT you know I love you my man..........but what's the point of having a snow plow that can only handle a few inches of snow LOL.

It's like having a car that can only go 7 MPH.

You gotta upgrade!!!

dd86a2a60e2220a491fb74e980b3ad22.jpg

We were low on cash a few years back so we bought the smaller version that you plug into the wall. It's fine for maybe 4 inches of powder but if it's more than that or slushy, forget about it. And if the power goes out then of course you're out of luck.

The wife says to me on Sunday morning, "You should have stayed up all night and cleaned off the snow every few hours." :fighting: Yeah, that's not gonna happen, honey.

This summer when the prices go down, I'll have to get one of those major league snowblowers. Of course then I'll end up having to help the neighbors out as well. Selfish bastard. :shades:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
We were low on cash a few years back so we bought the smaller version that you plug into the wall. It's fine for maybe 4 inches of powder but if it's more than that or slushy, forget about it. And if the power goes out then of course you're out of luck.

The wife says to me on Sunday morning, "You should have stayed up all night and cleaned off the snow every few hours." :fighting: Yeah, that's not gonna happen, honey.

This summer when the prices go down, I'll have to get one of those major league snowblowers. Of course then I'll end up having to help the neighbors out as well. Selfish bastard. :shades:

When I still lived in Ohio I had a neighbor that has a ginormous snow blower and he was one of those guys that loved "toys" like that. He would do a few driveways, and enjoyed it. At the end of every winter I would get him a trunk full of his favorite beer and a certificate to a very nice steakhouse.

Ron was a gem of a human. I went back home for a funeral a few months ago and it was great to see him.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
When I still lived in Ohio I had a neighbor that has a ginormous snow blower and he was one of those guys that loved "toys" like that. He would do a few driveways, and enjoyed it. At the end of every winter I would get him a trunk full of his favorite beer and a certificate to a very nice steakhouse.

Ron was a gem of a human. I went back home for a funeral a few months ago and it was great to see him.

Other than a few isolated souls(my one neighbor being the exception), Cumberland, MD has the worst human beings I've ever met. Most wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire much less dig you out of a snow storm.

I had better neighbors in California among the minorities and gang-bangers. At least when there was an earthquake they'd help each other out. Maybe it's the weather but most people here keep their doors shut and don't want anything to do with anyone. Which is actually fine by me but weird.

fearsomefour

Legend
Other than a few isolated souls(my one neighbor being the exception), Cumberland, MD has the worst human beings I've ever met. Most wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire much less dig you out of a snow storm.

I had better neighbors in California among the minorities and gang-bangers. At least when there was an earthquake they'd help each other out. Maybe it's the weather but most people here keep their doors shut and don't want anything to do with anyone. Which is actually fine by me but weird.
I have lived several places, none with really terrible weather. Big cities and small towns. For the most part I have found most people friendly enough....I tend to be one that minds his own business and expects the same in return, but, generally I have found people friendly enough.
Traveling when I was younger I heard nothing but horror stories about NYC. When I finally went to New York my experience was these were the most helpful cool people I had ever met while traveling in the states. The worst experience? Colorado Springs, Co. So, you just never know I guess.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I have lived several places, none with really terrible weather. Big cities and small towns. For the most part I have found most people friendly enough....I tend to be one that minds his own business and expects the same in return, but, generally I have found people friendly enough.
Traveling when I was younger I heard nothing but horror stories about NYC. When I finally went to New York my experience was these were the most helpful cool people I had ever met while traveling in the states. The worst experience? Colorado Springs, Co. So, you just never know I guess.

I lean conservative in most areas. About 99% of the people out here are older, white conservatives. In fact, Allegany county is probably the only conservative area in all of Maryland.

In San Jose, CA, where I lived for thirty years, it's quite the opposite. Every minority is represented there. A true melting pot. The people are much friendlier there for some reason. But again, the weather's usually warm but not overly so.

Here in the mid-Atlantic the winter's are brutally cold and the summers are hot and humid. People tend to stay indoors a lot. There's not much to do here. Baltimore, DC, and Pittsburgh are three hours away. The town rolls up at 10 pm and that's it. Maybe that's why the people act this way.

Never been to NYC but did spend a couple of days in Colorado Springs. The only thing I remember was having to get acclimated to the altitude. I've been in Germany, Austria, Italy, Canada, Mexico, and have driven across the USA three times. Every place has a different vibe. The weirdest place I've ever been to was Salt Lake City, Utah. The salt flats and the Mormon spires always creeped me out.

fearsomefour

Legend
I lean conservative in most areas. About 99% of the people out here are older, white conservatives. In fact, Allegany county is probably the only conservative area in all of Maryland.

In San Jose, CA, where I lived for thirty years, it's quite the opposite. Every minority is represented there. A true melting pot. The people are much friendlier there for some reason. But again, the weather's usually warm but not overly so.

Here in the mid-Atlantic the winter's are brutally cold and the summers are hot and humid. People tend to stay indoors a lot. There's not much to do here. Baltimore, DC, and Pittsburgh are three hours away. The town rolls up at 10 pm and that's it. Maybe that's why the people act this way.

Never been to NYC but did spend a couple of days in Colorado Springs. The only thing I remember was having to get acclimated to the altitude. I've been in Germany, Austria, Italy, Canada, Mexico, and have driven across the USA three times. Every place has a different vibe. The weirdest place I've ever been to was Salt Lake City, Utah. The salt flats and the Mormon spires always creeped me out.
When I have traveled by car down into the deep recesses of Mexico on trips I found the people amazing. Once you are outside of cities I had nothing but amazing experiences with the people there. Open, honest, kind, giving. It was a great experience....more than once.
Now, that was quite awhile ago now, don't know how things have changed in Baja since then.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
When I have traveled by car down into the deep recesses of Mexico on trips I found the people amazing. Once you are outside of cities I had nothing but amazing experiences with the people there. Open, honest, kind, giving. It was a great experience....more than once.
Now, that was quite awhile ago now, don't know how things have changed in Baja since then.

When I was a kid during the early 60's we lived in El Cajon, CA and then eventually a little further north. My dad used to take me across the border to watch the bull fights, dog races, jai alai, etc. I remember back then while passing through Tijuana seeing people living in card board boxes. Crossing back over the border he would have me sit in the middle of the car on this emptied out area where he always brought back a bottle of Tequila. :burp:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I spent "Snowmageddon" Saturday here...

IMG_20160123_131213_zpskqilprzx_edit_1453660630401_zpsp4iwwqyq.jpg

IMG_20160123_135504_zpsqlj0dzxw.jpg

My car displayed 71° outside. Not too shabby for January 23rd on the beach.

Sorry about the snow Bro! Put the dog in the car and drive west until you this. No snowblowers required...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I spent "Snowmageddon" Saturday here...

IMG_20160123_131213_zpskqilprzx_edit_1453660630401_zpsp4iwwqyq.jpg

IMG_20160123_135504_zpsqlj0dzxw.jpg

My car displayed 71° outside. Not too shabby for January 23rd on the beach.

Sorry about the snow Bro! Put the dog in the car and drive west until you this. No snowblowers required...

Rubbing it in, eh? :mrburns: Looks like Jett had a good 10th birthday. :)

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Rubbing it in, eh? :mrburns: Looks like Jett had a good 10th birthday. :)

:fighting::pillowfight:

Yeah, the Golden Jett had a great bday! (y) The night was another story... He was very tired and VERY sore. :shocked::( The dog just won't quit. He doesn't care how tired he is, he just wants his retriever dummy thrown in the water so he can go get it. If you refuse he just barks at you relentlessly...:coach::headexplosion:

Here's six seconds of Jett barking. Multiply this by 10 and then again by 30. That's about average...

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
:fighting::pillowfight:

Yeah, the Golden Jett had a great bday! (y) The night was another story... He was very tired and VERY sore. :shocked::( The dog just won't quit. He doesn't care how tired he is, he just wants his retriever dummy thrown in the water so he can go get it. If you refuse he just barks at you relentlessly...:coach::headexplosion:

Hope that Jett and Flash the beagle can meet one day....on the beach. I miss the ocean terribly.!!!