SNF: Vikings at Cowboys

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sunday Night Football: Minnesota Vikings vs. Dallas Cowboys

A pair of teams jockeying for playoff positioning in the NFC will square off when the Minnesota Vikings meet the Dallas Cowboys the Week 10 edition of "Sunday Night Football."

The Cowboys (5-3) have had an interesting start to the 2019 season. After opening with three straight wins they dropped three in a row before righting the ship and have now won their past two games. During that span, they have outscored their opponents, both divisional rivals, a surprising 74-28.

The Vikings (6-3), on the other hand, were on a four-game winning streak of their own before a crushing 26-23 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs last Sunday. Minnesota led 23-20 with less than 11 minutes left in the game but Matt Moore, playing in place of an injured Patrick Mahomes, orchestrated two drives in the final 2:30 that led to a pair of Harrison Butker field goals, the last being a 44-yarder as time expired.

Minnesota at Dallas
Kickoff: Sunday, Nov. 10 at 8:20 p.m. ET
TV: NBC
Spread: Dallas -3

Three Things to Watch

1. The health of Leighton Vander Esch

There were a lot of people who felt like the Cowboys reached when they selected Vander Esch, a linebacker from Boise State, in the first round (19th overall) of the 2018 NFL Draft. Those people ended up being completely wrong.

As a rookie, the 6-foot-4, 255-pound headhunter racked up a franchise-record 140 tackles to go along with seven pass deflections and two interceptions. His second season has not been as productive, but he is still considered one of the best young linebackers in the game.

Unfortunately, Vander Esch was forced to miss the Monday night game due to a neck/stringer injury. He's back to being a limited participant in practice, which is a good sign, but his health is something to monitor as Dallas attempts to slow down Minnesota running back Dalvin Cook.

2. Dalvin Cook vs. Dallas front seven

Speaking of Cook, his matchup against the front seven for the Cowboys will be one of the more intriguing of this game. In nine games, the former second-round pick has rushed for 894 yards, which leads the NFL, and nine touchdowns (second in the league behind Christian McCaffrey).

Dallas, on the other hand, has fielded one of the league’s best run defenses. On the season, the Cowboys have only given up 748 yards, good for eighth in that category. The addition of a player like newly-acquired defensive lineman Michael Bennett should only add to the depth up front. That depth is even more important as long as Vander Esch is limited by the neck injury.

Be sure to keep an eye on Cook and his success — or potential lack thereof. If the Cowboys can force the Vikings to be one-dimensional on offense, it could certainly bode well for their chances of winning their third straight game.

3. Dan Bailey's return to AT&T Stadium

If you were to ask the average Cowboys fan about the best kicker in franchise history, most would say it was Bailey.

The 31-year-old spent seven seasons in Dallas and made 186 of his 211 field goal attempts (88.2 percent). The last two seasons, however, Bailey has spent in Minnesota as a member of the Vikings.

His first season did not yield great results (21-of-28 FGs, 75.0 percent), but the Oklahoma State product seems to be bouncing back nicely in Year 2 with the team. So far, Bailey has hit 13 of his 15 field goal attempts (86.7 percent). But he has missed two extra points this season already, which already ties a career-high.

It will be fun to see him make a return trip to Dallas to take on his former team on Sunday night.

Final Analysis

The home-away splits for the Vikings have been more than noticeable this season. While the team is 4-0 inside U.S. Bank Stadium, they’re only 2-3 on the road. In those three losses, they’ve only been outscored 63-45, which is an average difference of only six points per game.

With the way Dallas is playing, it is likely that the Vikings will drop another game on the road, but it will be close. That three-point Vegas line makes a lot of sense in this one, so we are going to use it.

Prediction: Cowboys 27, Vikings 23

DrRage46

Rookie
Name
DrRage46
Man vikes look good.There coach sure comes up with good running plays and rb screens.Hope your watching this game mcvay because you should be doing this with gurley

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Jumped out to a nice big lead in FF today in the morning games.

He has Dak and Cook going tonight. I w

ent into the late games with the following guys left:

Emmanuel Sanders-- Mon Night
Jason Witten-- tonight

and

wait for it

Cooper f'ing Kupp

and his 0.00 pts.

At last check, in the early 3Q of tonight's game I was down 24 with the rest of the night to go. Not even a great game from Sanders is going to save my ass.

#F*ckFootball

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Jason Witten-- tonight

and

wait for it

Cooper f'ing Kupp

and his 0.00 pts.

At last check, in the early 3Q of tonight's game I was down 24 with the rest of the night to go. Not even a great game from Sanders is going to save my ass.

#F*ckFootball

I'm going to be 6-4...Dalvin is just padding my score. And this has been the hardest league I've been in. 12 team, super competitive. And I started.

Wait for it...

Oh and freaking three.

I love fantasy football.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

Jason Witten-- tonight

and

wait for it

Cooper f'ing Kupp

and his 0.00 pts.

#F*ckFootball

So going into tonight, Sanders could have a 40-pt game and I would still lose.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fucking Rams and their HS offense.